It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vortex Based Mathematics by Marko Rodin"

page: 236
<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

"someone needs to do it"

Oh lordy.... what an ego.

So you're out to single handedly save us from our ignorance? Thanks, but no thanks.

Nobody cares man......

BTW -

Deny: Refuse to admit the truth or existence of (something).

Ignorance: lack of knowledge, information, or education; the state of being ignorant.

It's a stupid motto. Makes no sense.....

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

BTW -

Ignorance: lack of knowledge, information, or education; the state of being ignorant.

I agree with you. I've always hated it. I'm here because it's the forum with the most members that I know of. If there was someplace else with the same reach to the whole wide world, it'd be there.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

BTW -

I agree with you. I've always hated it. I'm here because it's the forum with the most members that I know of. If there was someplace else with the same reach to the whole wide world, it'd be there.

What's that quote about casting pearls before swine?

...ok maybe that was a little harsh. I've come across some brilliant folks here and I always learn something new as well.

Wish you well in your quest....

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Here is what has been a goldmine for me at ATS: The recommendations made by members regarding authors and scientists and researchers such as the ones you made.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Link

Mighty selective with that definition

de·ny (d-n)
tr.v. de·nied, de·ny·ing, de·nies
1. To declare untrue; contradict.
2. To refuse to believe; reject.
3. To refuse to recognize or acknowledge; disavow.
a. To decline to grant or allow; refuse: deny the student's request; denied the prisoner food or water.
b. To give a refusal to; turn down or away: The protesters were determined not to be denied.
c. To restrain (oneself) especially from indulgence in pleasures.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Or, from the source you used:

de·ny
verb /diˈnī/ 
denied, past participle; denied, past tense; denies, 3rd person singular present; denying, present participle

Refuse to admit the truth or existence of (something)
- they deny any responsibility for the tragedy

Refuse to give (something requested or desired) to (someone)
- the inquiry was denied access to intelligence sources

Refuse to accept or agree to
- judges would retain the discretion to grant or deny the requests

Refuse to acknowledge or recognize; disown
- Peter repeatedly denied Jesus

Refrain from satisfying oneself
- he had denied himself sexually for years

Refuse access to (someone)
- the servants are ordered to deny him

edit on 27-12-2012 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

I think the average person interprets "Deny Ignorance" to mean either I'm going to deny that I'm ignorant, or, I'm going to save the world by my superior knowledge. I'm better than others.

Either way, it sets the wrong tone.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

It seems we have a difference in opinion in that regard. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

"someone needs to do it"

Oh lordy.... what an ego.

So you're out to single handedly save us from our ignorance? Thanks, but no thanks.

Seeing it as the author of this thread likes to use lofty expressions, like "hope springs eternal" and declares herself a "good researcher" (despite all evidence to the contrary), someone needs to attend to this nonsense.

Take it up with the site owners. They authored it.

But really, as already posted, you need to learn how to work with the dictionary. All of a sudden, things will start making sense.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
But really, as already posted, you need to learn how to work with the dictionary. All of a sudden, things will start making sense.

You know... you're right!!

How's this?

pomp·ous
/ˈpämpəs/Adjective
1.Affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important: "a pompous ass".
2.Characterized by pomp or splendor: "there were many processions and other pompous shows".

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You know... you're right!!

How's this?

pomp·ous
/ˈpämpəs/Adjective
1.Affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important: "a pompous ass".
2.Characterized by pomp or splendor: "there were many processions and other pompous shows".

Oh, I beat you to this one. I used this extensively as it applies to Rodin, Bearden and a few other clowns.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

There can be differences of opinion when it comes to interpreting intent. For sure. How do you know which dictionary meaning applies in each case? For this reason it's good for people to compare notes.

I think that if something can be taken more than one way and there is a possible harmful effect if something is interpreted in a particular way, that it's best to re-word it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There can be differences of opinion when it comes to interpreting intent. For sure. How do you know which dictionary meaning applies in each case? For this reason it's good for people to compare notes.

I think that if something can be taken more than one way and there is a possible harmful effect if something is interpreted in a particular way, that it's best to re-word it.

It seems like you are prone to ignoring the context, wholesale. And it's the key in human communications.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yes, it is.

And the context in this case is a conspiracy forum where the goal should be to elicit the spirit of cooperation in uncovering deception and respectfully exploring fresh ideas.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yes, it is.

And the context in this case is a conspiracy forum where the goal should be to elicit the spirit of cooperation in uncovering deception and respectfully exploring fresh ideas.

You would do well then to help uncover Bearden, Searl's and other such deception, and be open to exploration of fresh ideas, such as physics. That's fresh enough for you, I believe.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Here's what you need to do for starters.

Drop the ridicule. Then, there can be exploration of the unknown.

With all due respect, you haven't seen ridicule.

I did ask a question. You apparently had no answer.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I see the problem here

It's a good motto that doesn't make sense to the stupid or to those that would limit their view to a select definition of deny. Try this one

Deny: a. To decline to grant or allow; refuse

In the context of the motto, disallow is a good synonym. Makes sense now I'll bet. Not only did I explain the motto for you, I exemplified it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
Deny: a. To decline to grant or allow; refuse

In the context of the motto, disallow is a good synonym. Makes sense now I'll bet. Not only did I explain the motto for you, I exemplified it.

BOOM HEADSHOT.

Nicely done, anti-Obfuscator.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Take it up with the site owners. They authored it.
I wondered what the owners meant by it, and just recently they sent PMs to all active ATS members (on Christmas), which if you had followed that to the referenced thread, you would find a clarification and context for the motto:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Our motto of "Deny Ignorance" was a call to action to be skeptical critical thinkers with regard to official stories and the ever worsening mass media.

That made me think of this mass media story which totally bungled the truth:
Scientists Make Radio Waves Travel Faster Than Light

Unfortunately, if you read the first 8 pages of the referenced thread, it's hard to find even a single post pointing out the blatant ignorance in the mass media title, so any amount of cooperation from those contributors who don't understand the science any better than the journalist, wouldn't have helped "deny ignorance" and get at the truth.

The first post I remember pointing out the ignorance in the mass media report wasn't until page 9 by Astyanax, which lived up to what the owners of the site intended with the motto. The truth isn't a democracy, but rather it took someone with scientific knowledge to recognize the mass media had massacred the true science in the story with a false or at best extremely misleading title, and that the journalist who wrote the story didn't even seem to understand the science.

Some posters in this thread also display a lack of scientific knowledge, to be able to distinguish ignorant proclamations from those supported by scientific evidence. Fortunately, some posters here do recognize the difference.

So, it would seem that the basis for the cooperation which you desire would necessitate the participants in such a cooperative effort to have some minimum level of scientific understanding, which for some reason you don't seem interested in pursuing yet you nonetheless seem to think you know better than those who have such training and experience.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Torsion: The Key to the Theory of Everything – by Brendan D. Murphy

Excellent:

Conclusions

Psi and consciousness researchers have typically discussed only electromagnetism in relation to the operations of the mind, when all along the much harder to detect “fifth force” (known as torsion since 1913) may have been the most important aspect of bio-energy in accounting for the anomalous functions of consciousness. Physicist Michael Talbot wrote in his early 1990s classic The Holographic Universe that legitimate psychics had sensed the presence of another non-EM force or energy that composed part of the human aura or bio-field, but could not quite pinpoint what it was. Thanks to pioneers like Myshkin, Cartan, Kozyrev, and many more, we may surmise that the other “mysterious” non-EM component of the human bio-field spoken of by those psychics was torsion.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Meanwhile....

...empty space can propagate quantum waves travelling with the speed of light. Elementary particles, such as electrons, protons, are made of spherical standing wave patterns, a Space Resonance, similar to the waves on a drumhead or a string. That is, all the matter in the Universe is made of waves in empty space and nothing more! All the "material" properties of matter and its "fields" are only schaumkommen (Schroedinger's words) - they're only appearances

Quantum Universe - Milo Wolff

Einstein represents matter as Continuous Spherical Electromagnetic Force Fields - thus he is largely correct, matter is not a discrete and separate particle but rather a structure of Space. His error was to use continuous spherical e-m fields rather than Spherical Standing Waves. Thus he was never able to explain the discrete Energy transfers of Quantum Theory, which are due to Standing Wave Interactions, which only occur at discrete frequencies and thus energies. This Energy exchange is fundamental to all observation and thus to all Physics (though it has been ignored).

Wolff has found the structure of the electron consisting of two spherical quantum waves, one moving radially outward and another moving radially inward. The center of the waves is the nominal location of the electron 'particle'. These waves extend to infinity, like charge force. All 'particle' waves mix and contribute to each other, thus all matter of the universe is interrelated by this intimate connection between the fundamental 'particles' and the universe. The natural laws are a direct consequence of this Wave Structure of Matter (WSM), thus WSM underlies all of science.

Milo Wolff - Biography

new topics

top topics

<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join