It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vortex Based Mathematics by Marko Rodin"

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Yes, I have the book. It's copyright 2010 by Walker & Company. The authors are Miranda Lundy (Sacred Number and Sacred Geometry), Daud Sutton (Platonic & Archimedean Solids), Anthony Ashton (Harmonograph), Jason Martineau (The Elements of Music), and John Martineau (A Little Book of Coincidence.)

The illustration is on page 28.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
i.e. "cats have 9 lives", "you're dressed to the nines", "floating on cloud 9", "love potion number 9", etc.

It's easy to see that all numbers from 2 to 9 are ascribed magic properties in various world cultures and religions. A quick perusal of Wikipedia shows that every article on an individual integer number from 2 to 9 contains a reference to religion, culture and astrology, and there is just tons of fascinating stuff supposedly pertaining to each number. Number 9 just doesn't look special against this background.

What is this telling us? One word: superstition. And apparently, superstition lives on.

edit on 6-2-2012 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Take a closer look at your avatar... By what design does the heart muscle form?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Sharp eye ATG...I was wondering if anyone would notice the statistical issues. If you accept that claim at face value, it doesn't even support the conclusion they claim. For example, the number of two story buildings is far greater than the number of buildings with 32 stories or more, so a far greater number of falls will be likely to occur from 2 story buildings than from 32 story buildings as a result. Therefore if there are more fatalities from falls from 2 story buildings, it doesn't imply a 32 story fall is more survivable, but rather the first thing it probably implies is that there are more 2 story buildings.

In a way though, this irrationality of statistical interpretation is fitting. It seems to me the real reason for sayings like "cats have nine lives" is that humans aren't always entirely rational. Making unjustified statistical interpretations in explanation of such an irrational superstition only serves to further illustrate the irrational nature of the thinking process of many humans.

But now that I've seen "dressed to the nines" quoted, suddenly everything Rodin said makes sense....nah just kidding. A good friend of mine is a professor of mechanical engineering at a university but she still has some superstitions from her childhood that I find very amusing in such an otherwise very rational and intelligent person. I think it's probably part of human nature to have superstitious irrational beliefs and the "ancient wisdom" of numerology has catered to those for a long time.

But they can get you in trouble, like the guy who tried to reprint the currency for his country based on the number 9 and almost bankrupted the country in the process.

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Number 9 just doesn't look special against this background.
Except that binary 1001 is the only number in that range which has mirror-like symmertry AND also bears a resemblance to finger glasses, the religious significance of which is demonstrated in this photo:

And do all multiples of 1001 in base 2 equal 1001 in base 2? Since this is the base 2 equivalent of Rodin's claim that all multiples of 9 equal 9 in base 10, even the wacky attempts to distort modulo math that are used in base 10 won't work in base 2, which is the language of computers. Isn't that right, Americanist?

What is this telling us? One word: superstition. And apparently, superstition lives on.
Actually I'd say it's somewhat "mainstream" given this statistic:

Thirteenth_floor

Based on an internal review of records, Dilip Rangnekar of Otis Elevators estimates that 85% of the buildings with elevators did not have a floor named the 13th floor. Future building designers, fearing a fire on the 13th floor, or fearing tenants' superstitions about the rumor, decided to omit having a 13th floor listed on their elevator numbering.
At least we've made enough progress that we're not sacrificing virgins to make it rain anymore; but sometimes, I wonder how much progress we've really made in this area?

Apollo folks had to push their luck by launching Apollo 13 at 13:13 CST, and that was the mission that said "Houston, we've had a problem", which kind of makes me glad I don't have to stay on the 13th floor. Not that I'm superstitious.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

and adventure into the statistically and rationally improbable.
just goes to show what depths this thread has gone

there are many cultures where cats have 7 lives, such as Hungarian.
actual link (albeit in Hungarian): www.gyakorikerdesek.hu...
obviously the 8th life in godliness, and the 9th is a black hole. duh

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
From what I read Rodin makes good use of the digit 9 in a rhythmic sequence. If I'm not wrong, 9 being an opening cycling down into a vortex. I haven't tried to understand the code / math as you can see.

I don't think we are limited to known provable things. With effort anything is provable, later to be disproved / advanced..

Some people here, are at best, unable to understand / accept the theory so they claim to have authority - allowing themselves the license to misrepresent their findings.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Long winded you are. And bring out the silly image. Time for the ridicule technique. The going must be rough. Have to turn up the heat. Tra-la-tra-la. The beat goes on.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

and adventure into the statistically and rationally improbable.
just goes to show what depths this thread has gone

there are many cultures where cats have 7 lives, such as Hungarian.

Indeed. This is an iron-clad proof that Rodin has picked a wrong integer -- Hungarians are a smart bunch, and their cats are wicked. And I'm ready to prove my point mathematically.

Let's look at octal (base-8) system. After all, it was used by the ancient Yuki people and ancient wisdom is all but forgotten these days -- right, Mary?

This is the sequence of integers written in octal (Yuki):

So look:
7+7 = 16 octal = (reduced 1+6) = 7
7+7+7 = 25 octal = (reduced 2+5) = 7
7+7+7+7 = 34 octal = (reduced 3+4) = 7
7+7+7+7+7 = 43 octal = (reduced 4+3) = 7

Let's do some cutting edge advanced math and try powers of 7:
7*7 = 61 octal = (reduced 6+1) = 7
7*7*7 = 527 octal = (reduced 1+6 octal) = 7

Only a moron won't see the magic properties of the number 7! Besides, as Dale Pond said (right Mary?) the base-10 system is un-human and deeply unnatural, yet Rodin, in his stupidity, picked it as foundation for his deeply fallacious, misleading theory! My octal system is more natural and pleasing to human nature. It also has less digits to memorize, which should make it easier to work with, for various math-challenged individuals on this board (I hope for some recognition from Mary, I just made it easier). I'm tempted to write to Pond to inform him of my discovery. You see, base 8 naturally fits into music theory, because it corresponds to 2*2*2, three octave intervals, and trinity is holy in its own way.

And so I proclaim that 7 is the missing particle, it's dark matter and the signature of God!

edit on 7-2-2012 by buddhasystem because: corrected math

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I always wanted to add that there are 7 tetonic plates...there is obviously some very deep insight regarding base 7

edit on 7-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

btw: I will be your first follower in the cult of 7!
Now if we could only get these 9 people to see the light

It should also be taken into account that Yuki language and Hungarian are both most likely agglutinative.At least accordion to this: link Thus their love of the number 7 may be explained by a shared proto-langauge, and hence I must bow to he will of my ancestors.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Let's look at octal (base-8) system. After all, it was used by the ancient Yuki people and ancient wisdom is all but forgotten these days -- right, Mary?
I've always liked counting on my fingers, and I only have 8 fingers that have three phalanges that I consider real bonifide fingers. Some people use their thumbs for counting but when you hear expressions like "all thumbs" referring to awkwardness, that may relate to their limitations due to having only two phalanges etc. So based on this, I can see some real advantages to NOT using the thumbs for counting and just using the bonafide fingers of which there are 8, so I like this! The Yuki actually had a slightly different reason for base 8, but they also didn't use the thumb to count...they counted the "valleys" between the digits.

And so I proclaim that 7 is the missing particle, it's dark matter and the signature of God!
Why is it when Rodin says it, it's inspirational genius, but when you say it, it will be called ridicule? Frankly I see no difference.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I agree, historical and living anthropomorphic evidence back up your claims!
Look at these chinese people counting. They have obvious disregard for thumbs, only using it when it is utterly convenient.
Nice catch!
Watch carefully Mary, they are counting to ten in chinese, but without the thumb (basically)!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Chinese gesture describing number 7 is mysterious, occult and gracious, and I have no doubt it demonstrates once and for all the divine nature of that number and its godly powers. Shame on Rodin with his "9" heresy.

edit on 7-2-2012 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yes, undoubtedly!

Seven
The number 7 (七, Pinyin: qī) symbolizes "togetherness". It is a lucky number for relationships. It is also recognized as the luckiest number in the West, and is one of the rare numbers that is great in both Chinese and many Western cultures. It is a lucky number in Chinese culture, because it sounds alike to the Chinese character 起 (Pinyin: qǐ) meaning arise

The word for chinese seven is qi, which sound like, not accidentally I would presume:

In traditional Chinese culture, qì (also chi or ch'i) is an active principle forming part of any living thing.[1][2][3] Qi is frequently translated as life energy, lifeforce, or energy flow. Qi is the central underlying principle in traditional Chinese medicine and martial arts. The literal translation of "qi" is breath, air, or gas.

Rodin: Busted!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You see, base 8 naturally fits into music theory, because it corresponds to 2*2*2,
Actually one of the most glaring problems with Rodin's theory is that he's really force fitting the threes into his DNA claim about a third invisible helix such that he says DNA has a triple helix instead of what observations show... a double helix.

The fact that base 8 is the first cube of any number above 1 not only gives it the beauty of cubic geometry, but the number 2 actually matches observations of the DNA double helix.

So I take back what I said earlier about not seeing much difference between the base 10 claims and the base 8 claims. The fact that the base 8 claims include 2 cubed is more consistent with observation of DNA, which has a double helix, and NOT a triple helix, as Rodin claims. To my knowledge nobody has ever seen a DNA triple helix, so I think it's pretty clear Rodin just made that up to fit his false theory.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
For reference :

A fundamental principle of the Bahá'í Faith is the harmony of religion and science. Bahá'í scripture asserts that true science and true religion can never be in conflict.

also

"If religion were contrary to logical reason then it would cease to be a religion and be merely a tradition.
Religion and science are the two wings upon which man's intelligence can soar into the heights, with which the human soul can progress.
It is not possible to fly with one wing alone!
Should a man try to fly with the wing of religion alone he would quickly fall into the quagmire of superstition, whilst on the other hand, with the wing of science alone he would also make no progress, but fall into the despairing slough of materialism.
All religions of the present day have fallen into superstitious practices, out of harmony alike with the true principles of the teaching they represent and with the scientific discoveries of the time."

www.wikipedia.org
edit on 7-2-2012 by 23432 because: ex-tags

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

You see, base 8 naturally fits into music theory, because it corresponds to 2*2*2,
Actually one of the most glaring problems with Rodin's theory is that he's really force fitting the threes into his DNA claim about a third invisible helix such that he says DNA has a triple helix instead of what observations show... a double helix.

The fact that base 8 is the first cube of any number above 1 not only gives it the beauty of cubic geometry, but the number 2 actually matches observations of the DNA double helix.

So I take back what I said earlier about not seeing much difference between the base 10 claims and the base 8 claims. The fact that the base 8 claims include 2 cubed is more consistent with observation of DNA, which has a double helix, and NOT a triple helix, as Rodin claims. To my knowledge nobody has ever seen a DNA triple helix, so I think it's pretty clear Rodin just made that up to fit his false theory.

Maybe, just maybe Rodin is not force fitting his theory.
Could it be that he is an evil cyborg from the future, with an artificially added dns strand?
It would make a lot of sense: Should we be scared?
It would explain a lot.
Perhaps we should be afraid of Rodin, as it now seems to be an evil cyborg.

Is rodin the harbinger of doom?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23432
with the wing of science alone he would also make no progress
Your link doesn't work, and if I go to the wikipedia home page I don't see the material you quoted.

This is funny, not in a "ha ha" way, but in a sad way. I've seen nobody make less progress than Rodin. Zero. Zilch. Rodin's efforts could be used to define zero progress in the dictionary.

And without religion, here's the progress science and technology have made in the area of computing power:

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-2-2012 by Arbitrageur because: added link

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Arb

It's not really possible to copy+paste the link here .

Search for a Baha'i Symbols on Wiki and you can find it .

I sincerely wish that Rodin was debunkable by pure science alone .

Don't you think you ought to attempt to debunk Rodin via religion AND science ?

Wouldn't that be a more appropriate method ?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Ohh, why not ask me?
I can debunk him from a religious or bahai viewpoint.
That is my speciality.
Although what you quoted as harmony of science and religion, is already a debunking from faith perspective of Rodin, as he goes 18o degrees against accepted science.

First tenement of bahai faith:
the abandonment of all forms of prejudice

I would argue Rodin has gone against this, when prejudicing for pseudoscience, against science and not providing evidence.
There you go, Rodin debunked from a religious view.
Need any more?

From the Bahai faith:

"Arts, crafts and sciences uplift the world of being, and are conducive to its exaltation."17 But "in all things," is His advice, humanity must "seek" the "Middle Way" for "whatsoever passeth beyond the limits of moderation will cease to exert a beneficial influence."18

MODERATION.
RODIN: all moderation is lost, look at his claims.
Shall I continue?

The resources of both science and faith must be tapped if the capacities of the world's peoples are to reach the levels needed to address the problems of the present hour. Reliance on consultative decision-making "bestoweth greater awareness and transmuteth conjecture into certitude"--thereby providing the means for effecting meaningful change where social progress has been inhibited.31

Science and faith together!
Rodin has only faith and pseudoscience.
Nothing there in bahai faith about the benefits of pseudoscience.
Consultative decision process. Absent with rodin.

Article of science and faith. Off course the source of everything is god, but some very rational views: news.bahai.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs
reply to post by 23432

Ohh, why not ask me?
I can debunk him from a religious or bahai viewpoint.
That is my speciality.
Although what you quoted as harmony of science and religion, is already a debunking from faith perspective of Rodin, as he goes 18o degrees against accepted science.

First tenement of bahai faith:
the abandonment of all forms of prejudice

I would argue Rodin has gone against this, when prejudicing for pseudoscience, against science and not providing evidence.
There you go, Rodin debunked from a religious view.
Need any more?

Bbalazs

You could argue and I would listen too but you need to be more specific in your arguments , don't you think ?

For the record , I am not a Baha'ist .

"Mathematicians, astronomers, chemical scientists continually disprove and reject the conclusions of the ancients; nothing is fixed, nothing final; everything is continually changing because human reason is progressing along new roads of investigation and arriving at new conclusions every day. In the future much that is announced and accepted as true now will be rejected and disproved. And so it will continue ad infinitum."

edit on 7-2-2012 by 23432 because: ex-tags

new topics

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join