It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 cows found dead in a field

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I have to agree on that, Not one article states that 200 cows dropped overnight and none of the articles states if it was 200 cows of a herd of 200.000 or 200 cows of a herd of 200 cows.

Just as always too little info

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenbullet56
reply to post by Mentalistbee

Yes the fireworks! They kill everything lately!

Gives a twist on the phrase "Burn it with fire!" - now we can say "Burn it with fireworks!" to mean, all of you die now!

Interesting thread, and while I understand things like this occur in nature, this year has been a god damned whopper for these things, I don't know what it is, but it is a concern.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They do not know why and are grasping at straws. The viruses they are blaming will not kill an entire herd overnight.

If they were part of a larger herd or the deaths took place over an extended period, it should be stated in the article. Otherwise, they are fear-mongering.

edit on 15-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It is until the cow's cousin dies that panic will ensue; that being the stupid Sheeple that believe this concocted story. The symptoms, although listed as hard to detect, would have showed themselves in at least one animal amongst 200. There is no way that all of these animals were of the same level of health, age, or sex, and that their immunities and ability to thrive were on equal footing.

I hardly feel farmer neglect played a part otherwise cows everywhere would be dropping. Most of these animals are the kind that find themselves stranded and starving because the winter conditions were so harsh to them, yet they make it year after year.

This is a hush-job if I ever heard of one! That is until the Sheeple start dropping!

Since no one mentioned where Stockton was, it is in Wisconsin, USA, for those in other parts. Even the link took a bit to figure out where this place was.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

From
www.drugs.com...

It seems to me that while there is a vaccine for this, even a dullard could see signs or symptoms early on.
Hmmmmm

Well maybe. Many cattle are kept on huge acreages and many may not see a human being for days or weeks in the winter, depending upon conditions. It is possible that symptoms could missed. Somewhat irresponsible animal husbandry but possible. This is the time of year when many ranchers bring their herds in for calving, so they may have simply gone to fetch the animals and found them dead.

Having said all of that, an entire large herd of 200 animals dropping seems a bit odd; we shall see if incident begins to repeat itself somewhere else with large herbivores (frankly live or domesticated).

Hmmmmm indeed.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The most sinister thing about it , is that every one of those cows fell into their own footprint !

I bet Lucky Larry had them "pulled" .

Then again , it could have been nano-parasites .

edit on 15-1-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Edit to add: Redhorse beat me to it! I'll leave my post up anyhow I guess.

Farmers and Ranchers that have large farms and large numbers of animals and acres do not respond to things instantly. Sometimes they may not see their animals for weeks or even a month, especially in the winter time. It is common to drive through the fields and drop off hay and feed about once per week, but bad weather or some other emergency could delay their normal routine.

In other words, the animals could have gotten a virus and died over the course of a week or two and the farmer just happened to discover them all at one time.

I'm not saying that it can't be related to the birds and fish, it could be, but I am saying that finding dozens of dead cattle in the winter time is fairly common. 200 seems like an unusually high number, but it could be normal.
edit on 15-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

its going to be us who are falling soon

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Noo all that hamburger meat

Maybe they committed suicide like in that south park episode??

If these deaths are connected to the bird and fish deaths then we can rule out the explanation of earths magnetic field because I don't think cows use that for anything.

Maybe there was something bad in the animal feed?
edit on 15-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2011 by freedish because: lolz cows

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Sometime soon people will realize whats happening and form alliances to survive,I really hope all this dead animal stuff stops,I really do,its becoming more obvious as days go on,people pray,you can change probability.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here's some more details I managed to gather...

8055 Fourth Ave, Stockton, Wisconsin, if you look this up in Google maps they automatically list:

J M Farms
8055 4th Street
Amherst, WI 54406, United States
(715) 824-3911

(Apparently this is a trucking company but judging from the map they also have livestock)

Check it out in Google maps.....does that look a field where you would not notice dead cows lying around for a couple of weeks. I mean, come on, I know Australia has farms where you can travel 2 days by car to get to the other end but I reckon in this field 200 dead cows would kinda get noticed pretty damn quick......

just saying....

Peace
edit on 15-1-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wow.....I just posted this, your fast, I even searched to see if anyone else did.

I agree, way to fast of deaths for that kind of virus. Now things are starting to get interesting I wonder whats next?
Me thinks, virus test run, a study as to its effectiveness.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think we need to address the fact that H5N1 is still out there, and it might have just mutated into a new deadly form.

And yes, there are such viruses that can kill large amounts of animals (and people) instantly or at least overnight.

I'm starting to worry that we might have a future pandemic on our hands.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the 90's TV Series "Millenium"? They had a spooky episode like this.

In the episode a deadly virus was created and put into chickens. There was a disturbing scene in the episode with a family sitting down to a chicken dinner, and as soon as they started eating they almost all died instantly.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And they say it's a virus who killed them... yeah... 200 cows died overnight from a virus! SURE!

200 Dead Cows Found in Portage County Field

An investigation is underway after 200 dead cows were found in a field at 8055 4th Avenue in the Town of Stockton.

According to the Portage County Sheriff's Department, the owner of the cattle has been working with a local vet and it's believed the animals died from the IBR/BVD virus. The virus can cause respitory and reproductive problems.

Yeah the virus killed them all overnight... which is impossible... because a virus doesn't act at the same speed in each cow...

Or maybe it's fireworks that gave them heart attacks... yeah that must be it!
edit on 15-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

first........the article and the newscast video never said they died overnight.
second...that is up in wisconsin, where the weather reports showed it has had tempertures down to 19 degrees below zero.
third......the vet said the cows MAY...MAY have died from that disease...they are still testing, and the possibility of the disease, coupled with the extreme cold could have resulted in the deaths.
leaping to conclusions that are not supported by the facts brings into question the OPs motive

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have worked with cows my entire life, they are extremely hearty animals. As has been said there is too little data given to draw any valid conclusions however if these deaths were over even a small percentage of the entire heard then this is far from a normal occurrence.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I completely agree with not jumping to conclusions here,. not much info,.
However, we also cant say this didnt happened in the timeline as the birds, fish, crabs, seagulls and other things.
Are we really gonna chalk this up to just another coincidence?
I'd say proceed with caution, but stay aware of the news,. things are seemingly adding up
edit on 15-1-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Very strange.

What's also strange is I first read the title as 200 cops found dead in a field. I was like
!!?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Cow Tipping...making a comeback in Wisco!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Fireworks, Mother nature, or HAARP. Those would be the 3 possibilities. Which one are you gonna put your money on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join