It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 cows found dead in a field

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It could be a combination of all three, Y'know. They got cold, got a virus, and then someone let some fireworks off which finished them. Happens all the time!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This may have already been posted but I got tired reading through the posts, my apologies...

It looks like it's not BVD it's AIP (Acute Interstitial Pneumonia)

The farm's veterinarian says preliminary results show the animals died of acute interstitial pneumonia, also known as AIP. Samples from the dead animals were sent to Madison for testing.

Here's the link to the story posted today: Link to Story

Here's some info on AIP from this Link for more info.

Interstitial pneumonias comprise a significant proportion of cattle respiratory diseases. Known by different names, such as acute bovine pulmonary emphysema and edema (ABPE), fog fever, atypical interstitial pneumonia (AIP) and cow asthma, the condition seems to occur predominantly in late summer or fall. However, depending on the etiology, cases have occurred throughout the year. Interstitial pneumonia often begins with acute respiratory distress in animals that were clinically normal 12 hr earlier.

Hmmm don't know why the Vets can't seem to tell the difference between the two viruses, or maybe it's something else. I get so frustrated with the little information they let out. Why don't they tell us the symptoms instead of the "possible" diagnosis? There are a LOT of intelligent people out there who might get to the bottom of this. Sometimes it's what they're NOT telling us...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

My best guess is its some type of bio/nano technology released accidentally, perhaps an nanovore.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
This is the red flag warning right here:

Portage County authorities say there is no threat to humans or other animals.

You know there lying when the government says this!!!

You got that right!!! I used to work for the government on rocket programs. We had a rocket spring a nasty leak of poisonous, deadly nitrogen tetroxide. Non-essential personel evacuated the area, essential personel carried gas masks with them at all times, workers like me went out to fix the leak wearing full chemical suits and breathing air bottles. Similar leaks in Air Force missile silos had killed a few incorrectly garbed Airmen. Later we noticed dead birds in the area, killed by the leak. Later the government issued a press statement saying almost exactly the same thing as above!!!

edit on 17-1-2011 by TimBrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
9248 Dead Cows in Vietnam

Updated : 5:39 PM, 01/17/2011
Cold weather kills 10,000 heads of cattle
The Veterinary Department of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) announced about huge losses in cattle caused by the long cold spell in recent days.
The department stated the costly deaths occurred despite the best efforts of local authorities and people to save their livestock.
Following statistics at 4pm on January 16, total of 9,248 heads of cattle died in provinces including Lang Son, Yen Bai, Cao Bang, Bac Can, Ha Giang, Tuyen Quang, Son La, Quang Ninh, Hoa Binh, Lao Cai, Bac Giang, Lai Chau, Ha Tinh and Quang Binh.
Cao Bang province suffered the greatest losses, with 1,996 heads of cattle dead, followed by Lang Son (1,380 heads of cattle) and Son La (1,300 heads of cattle).
The Veterinary Department appointed delegations to cities and provinces to coordinate with local animal health departments to fight against hunger and chill for cattle.
Prime Minister requested the chairmen of provincial people’s committees in cities and provinces nationwide send task forces to closely control and actively use the local budget to support materials and expenditure for poor households and farmers.
The Ministry of Finance, in coordination with the MARD and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, was requested to carry out measures to guide, check and assist localities in fighting against cold weather and restoring production of cattle

If the weather in Vietnam is sufficiently cold enough to kill cattle, then I wonder why the population in the USA get paranoid about 200 cattle in Wisconsin suddenly dying ? Temperatures in Wisconsin are very much colder than any temperatures in Vietnam.

I still hold to my theory that the cattle died from ANAPHYLAXIS induced by exceptionally cold weather weakening their resistance to illness. Fish and birds also get affected by cold weather. Humans are very easilly affected too.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 18/1/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

It hasn't been that cold in Wisconsin. I suspect there are man made technofascist causes for the deaths.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Finally some video of the event
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
ya, i thought i was buying the cold weather cows.

i guess no one figured this out.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Nobody is talking hugh???

In the latest of a string of mysterious animal deaths taking place across the globe, the Portage County, Wisc., Sheriff's Department recently issued a press release about 200 steers that were found dead on a farm field in the Town of Stockton. Preliminary tests by the owner's veterinarian showed that the steers died of atypical interstitial pneumonia (AIP), but authorities reportedly also sent samples to Madison for further testing. According to reports, the steers did not respond to treatments given them after the first signs of symptoms, and all died within 12 hours. The owner has not provided comment to reporters about the situation. Oddly, authorities were quick to dismiss any potential threat to humans or other animals from the dead animals, even though the infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) and bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) viruses they were claimed to have died from are highly contagious. Authorities hauled the animals out from the farm in giant semi-trucks, where they were stacked in piles exposed to the open air. The stated cause of death was actually only a guess on the part of both the farmer and his veterinarian, according to reports. And after speaking with local sheriff's deputies about the incident, neither the farmer nor his veterinarian have spoken to the media about the issue. As of this writing, the local investigation is now being headed up by the Portage County Humane Society. This strange addition to the long and growing list of inexplicable animal deaths is highly concerning, as a virus of this nature is unlikely to wipe out an entire herd within the short period of time that these animals died. NaturalNews continues to track all cases of known animal deaths, and has been compiling a comprehensive list of all that have occurred in recent weeks.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee
It is strange, but not uncommen, alot of farmers have had animals just die like that, although not in a number as big as that, but even so.

If this is so common... please link us to other examples of at least large numbers of livestock dying at the same time...

Thanks

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I would like to see that, too..?
I just cant believe that all these animals are dying in mass #'s all over. Nothing that big where I'm at, but who knows it might happen...??? We'll never know whats going on, but once the animals start dropping left and right then people will take that n freak
I would like to see that !!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
My first thought is that, since the mentioned virus doesn't seem to match the criteria for a mass and quick die off, there must be another explanation - such as tainted feed.

My first thought as well, so I looked for that.

Found this...

GM: Mass Deaths in Sheep Grazing on Bt Cotton, notes Dr. Mae-Wan Ho
www.abovetopsecret.com...

At least in that story from India they do say it was confirmed GM crop poisoning and it's on going AND effecting people
edit on 18-1-2011 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Very odd that there is no mention of temperatures in the area. Guess I will have to check the weather reports for Vietnam over the last few weeks.

Funny how people just accept the 'official' version so easily, fireworks, trucks, cold (even though we have had record cold spells in the past without having herds wiped out)

If cows were really that fragile we are all doomed, as the ice is is approaching

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Please follow the link- hisz.rsoe.hu...
Read the latest update, there are numerous clues that this is not a natural occurance. No comment from the owner or the vet is a HUGE problem, the change in diagnosis along with the 12 hour timeline which is also suspect is another red flag.
This isn't a disease or a virus, it's far more sinister and deadly than that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh surely it doesn't, Here at the local senior citizen complex they die at 100 per day and at the office where I work as well, all very normal.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAnnunaki

Originally posted by pitchdragon
this so funny this is denial from msn and scientist
it is clear that we are currently experiencing something beyond ourselves but everyone does not see it ... then continue to pretend ...
hoping that it will not be too painful when it's our turn

well said!

something strange is happening thats for sure.

s&f

What you can analyze from scientist that they lie often or are in a permanent state of denial. That's what I see generally in society and some forumites is that they suffer from a so called "normalcy bias". Which means that if # is stacked six feet high and they be surrounded by bodybags, they stil would claim that everything is o.k.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator

...Oddly, authorities were quick to dismiss any potential threat to humans or other animals from the dead animals, even though the infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) and bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) viruses they were claimed to have died from are highly contagious....

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Too Funny! You all called it. The authorities are quick to say there is no threat.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I dont know, I keep reading articles of birds, fish, and know cows. Mother Nature I think is trying to tell us all something, stop killing her. We all need to remember that we are just as much a part of nature as the rest of the animals on this earth! Except those cows are not driving gas guzzling SUV's!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Seems I might be correct.200 Dead Cows Found in Wisconsin

Or NOT
They now suspecting pneumonia

An investigation is underway in Stockton, Wisconsin where 200 cows were found dead on Friday. The owner of the cattle and local veterinarians initially believed the cows died from bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) or bovine virus diarrhea (BVD), but are now suspecting pneumonia. Officials say the dead cows will not likely affect other animals or humans. Tests are still being conducted to verify the cause.

www.care2.com...#

200 cows found dead in a field
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is the scary part... the 'experts' don't even know what it was.. IBR, BVD or now pneumonia..

and it will not likely affect other animals or humans?

Gimme a break... we have supposedly come a long way in disease identification. Did scientists suddenly become stupid? In all reports these days I am seeing scientist making 'guesses' and comments like 'we really don't know"

edit on 18-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So... now its moving up the food chain?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join