It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louis C.K. puts it bluntly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Some people will find these video's crude.

In all honesty this could probably be placed in BTS. However I think people here would enjoy it most and though it's always in a slight manner Louis C.K. touches on topics we discuss regularly in depth.
If you don't know who he is Louis C.K. is a comedian, probably the best I've ever seen and in his new stand-up he tells it like it is and I think it's probably his best. I'm posting part 2, 3, and 4 for anyone who might casually glimpse it but I suggest watching all six parts. He touches on what I call "the American condition," airport security, and the unhealthy way we approach parenthood, including nutrition. It's not safe for work, but I think everyone should watch for consideration and a lot of laughs. Part two will start in the middle of a bit, but quickly turns to insight.

Though I suggest everyone watch them all.. and you know if you dig it purchase the dvd because.. I want to hear more.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I posted this at very early, so shameless bump. After this I'll let it die.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Louis C.K. is a friend of Opie and Anthony which he was on their show last week and he is a great comedian for sure. Also he has a second season of his show Louie on FX it is at 11pm but do not remember the day. Also if you can find it check out his other show called Lucky Louis which was on HBO you will love it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Leave it up to the comedians to shine a light on the faults of society whilst at the same time not making us want to shoot ourselves in the face because of them. I like Louis C.K., I can't profess to have watched much of his material but what I have seen, I've liked.

I made a thread about one of his comedic rants not too long ago: Everything's Amazing & Nobody's Happy.

Here's the video in question...

I recently bought the Bill Hicks DVD; American: The Bill Hicks Story. It's absolutely brilliant! If you're a fan I highly recommend it

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Yeah, I've seen a few episodes of lucky louie. His new show is pretty good, last half of the first season got a little depressing. He has actually gotten a little darker since he was divorced, but he tells it like it is even more.. which I didn't think would be possible. I'm not even really a stand up comedy fan, very few comedians I dig.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Awesome thanks, and yeah I'm a huge Bill Hicks fan. It sucks that he's not around anymore.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

From what he said about his new show is that FX doesn't have anyone on set that can make him change the script.He said that FX doesn't even see the show until it is finished and ready for air. In fact last season one of the girls that played his daughter had leave to shoot a pilot so he replaced her and nothing was ever said and he said they didn't even notice. Louis has total creative control and that is why he can get a bit edgier than other shows.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So have you seen or heard about his twitter incident? That was one of the funniest things from him. I will see if I can find it and post it when I do. Also what are your thoughts on Mitch Hedberg (RIP),may not be everyones cup of tea but very funny.Louis did just have something on Comedy Central last week and I missed it,I hope I can find it online.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow that was easier than I thought.Here is a link to these tweets. If you haven't seen them You really need to, so funny as to what he is saying especially knowing he was drunk, because he really doesn't drink.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Awesome, I was just about to ask about the tweets. He has a lot of stuff on his youtube channel including his short films. What I posted may be what he had on Comedy Central last week. This is his newest stand up. It just came out. I liked Hedburg pretty well, one of my friends saw his show and met him. I always kind of liked Todd Barry too.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hahaha... I should have known that you were a fan of Louis C.K.

I saw him live last November. It was pretty good.

This is classic: I was driving to the show and as I passed through the town I went to school in, I pointed out the house of the one sex offender who lives in the town. And sure enough, that night Louie brought up the sole sex offender that lived in the same town in one of his jokes. My friends looked at me like, "How on earth did you know?"
Just lucky. xP

I think that live show was so funny mainly because I come from the same place he does, so I could picture every place that he mentioned.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

Ah.. lucky, I've wanted to see him live for a while. I will eventually.
Good to know you and Louie are both keeping close tabs on the sole sex offender haha, but why is Louie aware of this offender? Is this guy like an especially renowned, wears a coat made of underage girls, career sex offender or is Louie just pro at researching all the right things when he comes to town?

edit on 17-4-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Hahah it could go either way. It's more likely that he was talking about the sole sex offender back when he lived there. And just sheer coincidence that there is another one living in the same town now.

Now all I gotta do is see H. Jon Benjamin live. And David Cross, and Gene Merman, and Todd Barry, and Jon Glaser and.... I can keep going.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

Oh yeah.. Todd Barry Is another one I'm a fan of.
I didn't know Benjamin did stand up. My friend saw Hedburg just before he died and has some pictures hanging ot with him.

top topics

join