It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is where it starts.. Wiki leaks blamed for Tunisian riots!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Was flicking through the uk's trashy tabloid the sun this morning and stumbled across an article..
The article talks about the riots in Tunisia and the fact that British people are being advised to leave the country by the foreign office.
On the side of the article is a separate box with this small article..
Sorry I can't link as I'm posting this from a phone but I'll type it out word for word so you can read it..

WIKILEAKS REVOLUTION
The Tunisia riots have been dubbed the first "wikileaks revolution" after us cables released by the website likened the president and family to a mafia regime.

So here it starts.. Wikileaks blamed for the riots.. What next? What else will they blame wikileaks for? Will this give the governments of the world, a good reason to censor the Internet?
If anything else like this happens will it cause the masses to call for censorship and revolt against wikileaks?
Tbtp and the controlled media like to brainwash the masses, even the way the article is placed in the paper is quite eye catching, in a blue box with the red flag of Tunisia on the top, it stands out and is the first thing you look at.. Personaly I think this small peice of information is the whole point of the article and the information they are actually trying to get out..
Thoughts please..
P.s for all non uk users.. The sun is britains biggest selling newspaper, owned by news Corp. It is known to many people to be a bs newspaper which fabricates the truth..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The sun news paper is a load of rubbish anyway -wouldn't suprise me if they pinned any future event or anti goverment uprising on wikleaks .
The fact is people around the world are seeing there own goverments for whom they really are LIARS

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
This is actually quite a serious issue as the OP is not far off the mark of what will happen. It is fine to say The Sun is one of 'those' papers but the truth is alot of people who buy The Sun actually believe it all. People where I work buy it everyday and lap it up. If it says so in there then they think it must be true. It doesn't matter how much information leaks out about how bad the governments are, the governments will always come out looking better than the people who leak. They will make certain of this by manipulation of the masses via things like The Sun.

Good thread, flags up!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The Sun (newspaper) = News Corp = Murdoch

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okandetre
This is actually quite a serious issue as the OP is not far off the mark of what will happen. It is fine to say The Sun is one of 'those' papers but the truth is alot of people who buy The Sun actually believe it all. People where I work buy it everyday and lap it up. If it says so in there then they think it must be true. It doesn't matter how much information leaks out about how bad the governments are, the governments will always come out looking better than the people who leak. They will make certain of this by manipulation of the masses via things like The Sun.

Good thread, flags up!

Very good point.. People I know lap it up too and completely believe what they read. If I ever make a comment the reply I usually get is "if it is in the paper, it has to be true.. They couldn't print it otherwise" then I am usually labeled as the conspiracy nut

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
similar thread for cross referencing and a flag and star too

The First WikiLeaks Revolution
www.abovetopsecret.com...

kx

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'd say WL is not being blamed, they are being honored for starting this revolution that is removing the dictatorship in Tunisia.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
I'd say WL is not being blamed, they are being honored for starting this revolution that is removing the dictatorship in Tunisia.

Only time will tell. It depends on the victors. This might be the start of something big.

new topics

top topics

join