It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horoscope Hang-Up: Earth Rotation Changes Zodiac Signs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Horoscope Hang-Up: Earth Rotation Changes Zodiac Signs

newsfeed.time.com

"When [astrologers] say that the sun is in Pisces, it's really not in Pisces," noted Parke Kunkle, a member of the group's board. Your astrological sign is determined by the position of the sun on the day you were born, so that means everything you thought you knew about your horoscope is wrong.

Read more: newsfeed.time.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
well there you go folks your not really who you think you are.

i have to laugh at all those people who have tattoos of their star signs. DOH!

I have never believed that i shared the characteristics of my supposed star sign and always associated with the one they say im supposed to be. so thats kind of strange. only problem is there is very little to no scientific evidence to suggest that celestial objects can influence personality. well apart from anecdotal evidence of hospital ER rooms being on high alert during full moons and the like.

But i havent seen any scientific experiments to validate or invalidate these claims.

newsfeed.time.com

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Awesome I'm the new one
good find
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Damn it, I'm no longer a Taurus...this will ruin my sleep tonight

Btw, thanks for the Thread...it's going to change how people view themselves now and just maybe see a transformation from who they were in the Zodiac to someone new! Awesome!

*S & F*

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

LOL @ all those people with Zodiac tattoos on their arms!
Hey, let's not forget there is some tattooing removal technology out there...so that means more business can be generated...it's a win-win situation

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing being a taurus, but beause I was born on the 18th I'm still a taurus.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord

well there you go folks your not really who you think you are.

i have to laugh at all those people who have tattoos of their star signs. DOH!

I have never believed that i shared the characteristics of my supposed star sign and always associated with the one they say im supposed to be. so thats kind of strange. only problem is there is very little to no scientific evidence to suggest that celestial objects can influence personality. well apart from anecdotal evidence of hospital ER rooms being on high alert during full moons and the like.

But i havent seen any scientific experiments to validate or invalidate these claims.

newsfeed.time.com

WOOT! I'm still a LEO! rofl

Go on and laugh at my tattoo. Funny you should mention that, the whole reason I picked it as my first tattoo is it was something I'd never want to erase because it wouldnt change. LOL!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Well, in case you lot don't realise this, Star Signs and Horoscopes etc. is the biggest load of BS going!

Why?

Do you really think that 1/12th of the population who are maybe Pisces, are all the same type of people with the same personalities?

Are they all going to have the same type of day, when it says so in the local Newspaper for your Today's Horoscope?

Come on, get real. Even your Horoscope varies a lot depending on whether you read it in the paper, online or maybe this months Cosmopolitan Magazine!

People are having their lives controlled by this garbage!

Maybe it says you shouldn't go out today in case you have an accident, maybe your Wife might have an affair and you will meet somebody special. It's ALL made up, nothing more!

What a load of croc, honestly, get a life!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Hey, let's not forget there is some tattooing removal technology out there...so that means more business can be generated...it's a win-win situation

That's funny. I thought about that too. I actually changed from Aquarius to Capricorn. But I did hear that it's only if you were born after 2009.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
As an older member I would think you would look at the boards before posting..There are a few threads on this already...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

you presume much. i did a thread search with the title and nothing came up.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I saw this on CNN yesterday. Very funny stuff.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Ha!!! I never even thought about that! Oh man...first Pluto, now this.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by robinmorningstar

Ha!!! I never even thought about that! Oh man...first Pluto, now this.

Well I suppose the good news is, we don't have to change birthstones, because they are determined by the month not the zodiac sign.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Oh good that means I am no longer a Crab - Cancer
, Mind you my boyfriend would disagree with my comment one supposes.

What a major cock up that is for sure. Will they need to rewrite the whole horoscopes?
edit on 15-1-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

i went from cancer to gemini. which is actually more accurate

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Please contribute to thread already existing in Breaking Alternative news, found here.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join