It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Answer this For Me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Ok i got a question? Ive been watching countless hours on of news lately, With all the stuff going on in the world, But my Question is this, Has anyone ever noticed how much the News Anchors on CNN Blink their eyes? WTF is up with this? i dont know anyone who blinks as much as these people. Ive watched local News stations and they dont blink nowhere near as often. Please Offer some insight if you have it.... as i am very interested Thxxxx

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It could be anything from a lack of humidity in the studio, bad poker faces when feeding the public lies, or maybe they are reptilians who left their Visine on the space ship. ( last one has a tad bit of sarcasm ). Honestly though, they get paid huge to lie and the mere size of the lies prolly gives them a glaring tell. That's my guess

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

They have either got a nervous tic.

Or they are lying.

Fact - people who are lying blink a lot more than truth tellers.

You probably knew that.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha
Ok i got a question? Ive been watching countless hours on of news lately, With all the stuff going on in the world, But my Question is this, Has anyone ever noticed how much the News Anchors on CNN Blink their eyes? WTF is up with this? i dont know anyone who blinks as much as these people. Ive watched local News stations and they dont blink nowhere near as often. Please Offer some insight if you have it.... as i am very interested Thxxxx

Im gonna say shape shifting reptilians

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

They are being held at gunpoint and forced to read what crosses their teleprompters... in response, over years, they have all learned Morse code, as a means of communicating to one another, while in their cells, between broadcast shifts... So their blinking is merely Morse code based cries for help.

Or the lights are just really bright... but I like my idea better.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthuluPrime
It could be anything from a lack of humidity in the studio, bad poker faces when feeding the public lies, or maybe they are reptilians who left their Visine on the space ship. ( last one has a tad bit of sarcasm ). Honestly though, they get paid huge to lie and the mere size of the lies prolly gives them a glaring tell. That's my guess

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
maybe beacause they are reading whilst speaking. its a telleprompter telling them what to say.
Literally fed lies

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
They have a Special Friend, under their desks, "Tickling their Fancy"

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Skynet has not been able to perfect the program yet for random eye movement and blinking. Until such time as that program is fixed, we have to deal with the CNN (Communist News Network -
) anchors as they are:

Animatronic instead of animated...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I am glad I am not the only one who has noticed this. My ex wife would always blink her eyes when she was telling a lie. Wonder if this is a sign the MSM talking heads are lying? I say, could be!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Lying mouths can cause blinking eyes or fixed, wide-eyed stares. I usually read the blinking as a sign of a lie that the speaker is not sure about, maybe because of denial of a known truth or because they are unsure of the veracity of the source of the information being imparted. With denial, the blinking appears more rapid. The staring is when the speaker is knowingly and deliberately lying.

join