It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peaceful Meeting On Hopi Reservation Raided By Hopi Rangers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Dear Friends,

On Wednesday Jan.12, I was participating in a meeting between the Plaintiffs and their Lawyer for Civil Case (Resolution H-053-210) To stop the proposed Constitution from being forced down the throats of the Hopi people. The plaintiffs in the case were attending a peacefully assembled meeting with their attorney via speaker phone when the Hopi Rangers forcibly removed several people including myself from the village office.

infoleaks.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">post by jakofharts

I apologize for this lame response, but who exactly are the Hopi Rangers?

Why were people removed from the office...and what is the consequence of their being moved?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jakofharts

Are you saying that the Hopi rangers are Hopi people?

If so, shame on them.

I, too, am sorry for my ignorance about these issues.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Hopi Rangers are tribal police that respond to the Hopi Chairman directly.

In the newly proposed Constitution it would give Leroy Shingoitewa (Hopi Chairman) consecutive terms, which is one of the issues we are opposed to. Also, there would be no accountability for all financial decisions made on behalf of the tribe. A nation can't be run by just one person without any checks and balances. Tribal land issues is another sore point.
Granted our current Constitution isn't perfect BUT to completely throw it out and put a new one in it's place doesn't make any sense. Let's all come together and go to each village and see where we can make improvements and then have a vote based on issues with facts to back them up. This New Constitution proposition has been rushed thru without explanation of the changes and in regards to our elderly and Hopi's who need to hear this in their Hopi language.
Pls take 5 mins out of your busy lives to make a phone call to Trent Franks at 623.776.7911, Senator Mccain's office and Senator Kyl's office. These numbers can be found on infoleaks home page.
The chaos on Hopi does have a silver lining. I hope we can put our egos in check and look forward to building a tribal community based on tradition balanced with economic security for future generations to come. I feel change in the air!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

The tribal government has been taken over by bullies and thugs...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

OK,

I am so sorry about your problems, jak.

You know, it is sad that people who should be united are not.

This applies to all races.

Here, in NZ, I have to say all races are equal - then I stop and think - but then, I am overjoyed to declare that all races are equal here. It has taken a long time, after Britain over-ran the natural race here, the Maori, but before that the Maori over-ran the Moriori, the remnants of whom live on the Chatham Islands.

I am digressing - I wish you all the best for you and your people, who are our people (the world).

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
We live in a world where goodness, truth and a desire for peace are seen as seditious because the world is run by insane people who can only be described as psychpaths.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

You are absolutely right that it is never a good idea to give too much power to one man...or to not have proper checks and balances in place, so that people do not get carried away with their self-importance at the expense of the people they are supposed to be presiding over.

I think you are also right that you need to conduct a "grass roots" campaign to get the word out on why you object to the current direction of the powerful within your community. Let the people then decide!

Best of success.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I wish you and your people all the best! Keep us posted on what happens.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

This has been a long time in the making, the Elders have my blessings and the division which happened long ago has been the challenge that the Hopi now face. May I ask if you are Hopi or friends of the Hopi? Perhaps one of the reasons you were asked to leave was because if you are an outsider, they know that you would be the voice to the public, and they wish to keep the control absolute.

I was friends with Grandfather David and Grandma Nora.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Find out what the BIA had to do with the problem.

There is a good chance someone at the BIA is getting a payoff by some one involved'
The department of the interior is one of the most corrupt government agencies out there.
www.cbsnews.com...
www.biologicaldiversity.org...
www.mathaba.net...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.earthportals.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Find out what the BIA had to do with the problem.

There is a good chance someone at the BIA is getting a payoff by some one involved'
The department of the interior is one of the most corrupt government agencies out there.
www.cbsnews.com...
www.biologicaldiversity.org...
www.mathaba.net...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.earthportals.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Hopi Rangers are tribal police that respond directly to the Hopi Chairman

An election has been scheduled by the Secretary of Interior for January 27, 2011, to allow registered voters of the Hopi Tribe to vote on a document entitled “Proposed Constitution of the Hopi Tribe.” The Secretary scheduled the election after receiving a Resolution purportedly passed by the Hopi Tribal Council on August 4, 2010.

The Resolution, H-053-2010 was passed by a vote of eight in favor, six opposed, two abstaining, with the Chairman of the Hopi Tribe also in attendance. The Chairman votes only in case of a tie, but is a member of the Tribal Council pursuant to the existing Hopi Constitution and By-Laws.
The voting accounts for 15 members of the Tribal Council, but there were actually at least 16 members of the Council on August 4, 2010. One member was absent from the meeting. The existing Hopi Constitution and By-Laws mandates that any proposed change to the Constitution by approved by a majority vote of the Council. Resolution

H-053-2010 failed to pass by a majority vote of the Hopi Tribal Council, and therefore cannot be deemed to be a “tribal request” for an election as required by federal law. Because the Resolution upon which the election has been scheduled is invalid, the election scheduled for January 27, 2011, will be illegal and invalid. There were seven members of the Hopi Tribal Council that were summarily suspended and removed by Chairman Shingoitewa and Vice Chairman Honanie on March 1, 2010. Neither Chairman Shingoitewa or Vice Chairman Honanie had any authority under the Hopi Constitution and By-Laws to suspend, remove, exclude, or otherwise determine the qualifications or right of Plaintiff Representatives to sit as Council members. These removed members should also be counted in the vote tally for Resolution H-053-2010.

The Proposed Constitution violates provisions of the existing Constitution with regard to the villages of First Mesa and Mishongnovi. The Proposed Constitution destroys their traditional village organization that is specifically protected by the existing Constitution. The Proposed Constitution also splits First Mesa into three distinct villages, again in contravention of the existing Constitution. Continue Reading

This is a power grab by a would be Dictator. The Hopi Rangers were sent there to break up any opposition to
this highly their camouflaged Constitution. The People of Hopi need time to decipher what it all means.

UPDATE:

A preliminary injunction hearing for the Federal Civil Case (No. CV-11-8005-PCT-DGC) has been scheduled for Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 2:00p.m. MST. At: Sandra Day O'Conner U.S. Courthouse
401W Washington St. Phoenix`, AZ

The Hopi Plaintiffs ask that you pray for peace, harmony and oneness for ALL. Your prayers can make a difference for the greater good of the world.
edit on 20-1-2011 by jakofharts because: (no reason given)

Flaws of the proposed Draft 24A.doc
34 kb View Download

Congressman Trent Franks
He is our Representative in the 2nd District which includes The Hopi Reservation.
www.franks.house.gov/
623-776-7911
Leave message and email him if possible
Mention Resolution H-053-2010 concerning the federal Injunction to halt the Hopi Constitution for further review
John Kyl 202-224-4521 Email:
kyl.senate.gov/contact.cfm
Sen. John McCain 202-224-2235
mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.contactform
edit on 20-1-2011 by jakofharts because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by jakofharts because: Trying to get links to work

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakofharts

The People of Hopi need time to decipher what it all means.

Being someone from a different country with little reference to anything tribal I would like to respond to this. If only everyone in all societies would just take a step back more often to look at what's happening around them and analyze it from all possible angles with a multitude of outcomes they'd realize there are so many different options to choose from with so many different effects.

But it appears more and more can't take a step back to their own base of power, ever since "the rush" to conquer other bases thinking the more the better but forgetting what it is like without the rush, becoming scared overtime of losing momentum and associating that as something similar to being dead, without any movement. To preserve their existence they depend upon other bases of power more than they do on their own base, but have mistaken those other bases for their own. Basically sort of "If you lose now you have lost forever while I have your power". Without that power one cannot change things for oneself anymore, even though it is just an idea written on a piece of paper with the other's signature.

new topics

top topics

join