It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Children of AIDS - Are they the new humanity? An article on evolving DNA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

Originally posted by Kailassa
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

I'm amazed that creationists don't even know what a human being is.
A change in the expression of four codons does not stop a person being a member of homo sapiens.

Yet its enough to make them immune to HIV - allegedly
So what are these children?
If they are still homo sapien, yet have managed to activate this significant portion of their dormant genetic information?
Mutants?

We are all mutants. Every single one of us acquires hundreds of mutations during our lives. Sometimes a mutation will protect a person from a disease. If this disease spreads badly and kills efficiently, you can have whole populations being immune because they are descendants of those who survived this disease in the past.

This is why white mans' diseases have been so devastating to native populations. Many of us are descended from ancestors who had already acquired immunities. However the ancestors of native populations were not exposed to these diseases, and so the bulk of the population was vulnerable. However the children of survivers, when they survived because of a genetic immunity, had a chance of inheriting it.

It would be silly to say those who lacked genetic immunity were more or less human than the rest. We are all different in various ways, but we can all interbreed, and we all have human anatomy, human tendancies and the human range of genetic code.

I have a son who is far more different than these children. He has extra chromosomes, which is a huge difference. However he is still human. (He's 48XXXY / 49 XXXXY)

edit on 23/1/11 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Do you have ANY supporting documentation besides the claims made in the original article?

....I've been looking, can't find a thing. Braden is NOT published anywhere in Pubmed, the US National Institutes of Health database.

Sounds great, but I'd like some facts before I jump all over this....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So it took about 20 or 30 years for human DNA to start to "outsmart" HIV?
Well, that's great and all, but the evolution battle doesn't stop there - on either side.

Also, something else to consider:
If we cured all epidemics, cancer, AIDS, etc., we would all suffer from overpopulation!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Do you have ANY supporting documentation besides the claims made in the original article?

....I've been looking, can't find a thing. Braden is NOT published anywhere in Pubmed, the US National Institutes of Health database.

I have nothing but the article - Yet I cannot see why the author of the book would lie about something.

Until we find proof that these children do not exist, I can't see any reason why we shouldn't believe that they do.

If plagues and virus's have taught us anything - Its that we can overcome anything.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
It's time for everyone to stop using condoms and get pumped up with AIDS!

Great article....... but i must say best reply EVER!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

Originally posted by soficrow

I have nothing but the article - Yet I cannot see why the author of the book would lie about something.

It's not about lying, it's about substantiation.

He presents a "point of view" and purports to interpret results (an interpretation I support, btw). I am simply asking for the background info sources.

Until we find proof that these children do not exist, I can't see any reason why we shouldn't believe that they do.

Because the interpretation is not "scientific" without supporting documentation. Braden is presenting his info as scientific - science is not about "belief."

If plagues and virus's have taught us anything - Its that we can overcome anything.

My own info, documentation and references suggest that "plagues and viruses" don't just spur evolution, they are the vehicles that bring complex organisms into molecular harmony with our (now rapidly) changing molecular environment.

...Again, I think Braden is on the right track - but it's impossible to evaluate his interpretation without access to his background information and references.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm wondering if perhaps he's protecting a military whistle blower or agent who informed him of these children?

Its not usually his style to just throw something like this out there and not back it up at all...usually theres some background info to it, but this one is just like BAM! "These kiddies beat aids! Deal with it!"

So is he protecting his sources? maybe...I still cant believe he would just make it up.

Maybe we'll learn more about this in years to come, meanwhile I will keep a vigilant eye to the news

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whitbit
This is HUGE. A huge feat to the war on forced depopulation.

It only works if TPTB have the same genetic mutation. Other wise you end up(not to sound like a trekkie) but a situation like in STTNG: Unnatural Selection. Doesn't bode well for the older models of Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join