It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Soldiers? Advisory Group Urges Pentagon To Map Genes Of All Personnel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Genetic Soldiers? Advisory Group Urges Pentagon To Map Genes Of All Personnel

www.huffingtonpost.com

It sounds like something out of a dystopian science fiction novel, but it's not.

A new report from a secretive, highly influential group of scientists is urging the Department of Defense to begin collecting and mapping the full genome of all military personnel -- a move that could well give the Pentagon the ability to select for certain genetic predispositions.

Noting the dramatic decrease in the cost of fully mapping individuals' genomes, the report suggests that some traits relevant to war-fighting "are likely to have a strong genetic component,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Umm, I suppose this could be looked at in two ways:

A) It may help with genetically growing tissue to repair soldiers who have been destroyed in these wars, and to create possible vaccines against agents used in wars.

or:

B) It may wind up being used for an entirely new type of genetic warfare itself, possibly in new weapons that attack a specific genome type, or to even create (god forbid) a HYBRID type of soldier, with specific traights?

I well let my fellow ATSers draw there own conclusions, but to me personally, this has creepy written all over it.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This could also be eugenics by another name...

What if a certain genetic group were found to be better at certain tasks? What if a specific genetic pool were found to be poor soldiers?

I can see it now... Hey, guess what? Black guys, it turns out, are way better at disarming bombs and avoiding enemy fire... or some such.

Dangerous ground if you ask me.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
In other words they have been doing it for 20 years and now they want permission. They have blood from everyone who has gone through basic for the last 40 years at least. You want to know why michael crichton died - read the book 'Next' - his last book. It's all about the capabilities they have right now with genetics.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What about this group of scienists the Jasons?
www.fas.org...
Notice it's all under the Mitre Corporation?
Didn't John Wheeler work for them?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sounds like Gattaca.

Genetic discrimination that would allow only certain "better" genetically qualified people to get specific jobs.

Then people would seek Gene Doping or Gene Therapy to qualify for them.

Its Liberal Eugenics.

new topics

top topics

join