It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Ring Appears Over Australia On Satellite Imagery : Explained ??!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
By the way, I also found this quote from The World Today article interesting:

TANYA NOLAN: Professor Fletcher's view is supported by the water commissioner, Peter Cullen, who is quoted in the News Limited press as saying he is surprised the full $10-million has been awarded before the first step is taken of seriously evaluating the technology.

Chairman of Australian Rain Corporation Matt Handbury says he appreciates that argument, and agrees there are some holes in the science.

MATT HANDBURY: I can understand that logic, but as I said, even when you've worked out the science, how it works, we still wouldn't have demonstrated that it works, and the need for water supplies is so critical in Australia.

TANYA NOLAN: You're name has come up in connection with your uncle, Rupert Murdoch, as possibly a reason why you might be getting all this money at once without the rigorous scientific testing?

MATT HANDBURY: Oh, I haven't heard that Tanya. I think I don't seem to be able to get my name in the paper without my family connections, which I'm proud of and delighted in, but I don't see how… Rupert's aware of this, he's pretty interested in the environment and climate change at the moment, and very interested, but he has no direct involvement...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thanks again for your links

Who really knows what this is.

As the weatherman says it only happened once before,
and it was arcing in the magnetron...

Or as the other weathermans says, it was perhaps "dust in the atmosphere"

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Magnetron arcing is an excellent explanation for it (many thanks to Oz Weatherman)

It happens quite a bit at sites all over the place and isn't always a complete circle like the sample shown and there are a number of forms of what I'd call 'phantom rain'. I've seen it multiple sites simultaneously for brief periods but most events would be missed unless you had one eye on the national weather radar for 12 hours at a time like I do. Come to think of it, it hasn't been as prevalent in recent years as it was, say, 10+ years back.

Watch this non-stop for a few hours straight and you're certain to spot a number of anomalies.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Well thats kind of you to agree with Oz - but you earlier said you saw this all of the time?

Can you explain how you can change your story just like that?

And what of this other weatherman

Kalgoorlie-Boulder Met Office ([email protected])
Sent:Monday, 18 January 2010 7:18:17 PM
To: xxxx removed

Hi Allan,

Early Saturday there were sort of concentric circles of echoes between 200 Kms
and 400 Kms from Kalgoorlie-Boulder. However there was no weather around
this area from which radar signals might have been reflected. It would therefore
seem to be due to what is referred to as "anomalous propagation ".(false
echoes) or even possibly dust in the atmosphere.
source

That is three different explanations. One from you. One from Oz, and one from the Kalgoorlie-Boulder Met Office.

That is really confusing, not to mention that each time someone steps forward
with a different explanation and just says "nothing to see here move along" that
those "explanations" lose credibility.

Nothing personal, you know

So how do you explain the THREE different explanations that we have now???

edit on 15-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

np, but you have to consider the fact that even the weatherman can be wrong. For example, he said it could have been a malfunction of radar equipment? Like wtf, where was this state of the art equipment built? I call BS on that answer without hardcore facts!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I am with you there.

That is three different explanations, none of them similar.

So its "dust" or an only seen ONCE arcing magnetron or something that happens all of the time.

Take your pick.

Or we could choose NONE of the above.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

You make this sound like a Jeopardy question...how about....ohhh, leave the answer blank and wager $0 dollars!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Good choice because you know there is nothing going on ever.

And the experts all agree, even if they have no explanation that matches up...
its always the same...move along folks.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum

Magnetron arcing is an excellent explanation for it (many thanks to Oz Weatherman)

It happens quite a bit at sites all over the place and isn't always a complete circle like the sample shown and there are a number of forms of what I'd call 'phantom rain'. I've seen it multiple sites simultaneously for brief periods but most events would be missed unless you had one eye on the national weather radar for 12 hours at a time like I do. Come to think of it, it hasn't been as prevalent in recent years as it was, say, 10+ years back.

Watch this non-stop for a few hours straight and you're certain to spot a number of anomalies.

Cool link

Big lightning storm W & SW of Cunnamulla and nr Boulia, Qld., when I looked

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I have seen that exact anomaly many many times and really didn't take much notice of it except to see it as obviously false data. Magnetron arcing really fits the observation and the 'dust' explanation is a reasonable possibility also but 'HAARP' testing, ET activity etc are about as far as you can get from sane explanations for what is, I guarantee you, a relatively common occurrence on the weather radar. There have been threads before about the same thing (circles on the radar) so it's not a 1 off thing by a long shot.

Just looking at the radar link I posted I see 3 anomalies taking the form of radial lines at Melbourne, NW WA and near Orange NSW. Those crop up far more often than circles.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
just like last year:

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Thanks for starting this thread, I have a copy of the image in the OP locked up in a dead seagate hard drive
I know this image because there were events hapening at this time, Firstly the anomily appeared and was
there for possably a couple days, Note the cloud coming into Bass Stait, There was high winds and heavy rains.
which continued for a while after anomily disapeared. Then on our local news station there was a report of an earthquake at Kalgoolie which injured people/person on April 20-2010. So the anomily accured in the days before the earthquake, I can't work out how to search history on this weather station. Can anybody find maps for these dates 16,17,18,19 -04-2010 here : www.bom.gov.au...
Thanks in advance.
Regards' rob

edit on 15-1-2011 by Robbo2006 because: Corrected town name

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Good choice because you know there is nothing going on ever.

And the experts all agree, even if they have no explanation that matches up...
its always the same...move along folks.

That also sounds like what government agencies say, or even police too...sound familiar? "Move along folks, nothing to see here..."

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
and maybe this thread is interesting for you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

These pictures are pretty cool from that thread!

That last picture I wish to speculate on that one as being a bad-ass category F5 tornado. But even then the pictures are much different....check out this radar picture of the F5 tornado. You can clearly see that it is definitely not the same as the pictures above!!!

To further disprove of that relating to any weather storm...here is another look at it from a VIDEO perspective:

edit on 15-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added video

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Circles such as that can be caused by a malfunctioning radar, temperature inversion, or a radar that is running in “Clear Air Mode”.
Clear Air vs Precipitation Modes

On days where there is no rain, snow, or thunderstorms in the area of the radar scan, the NEXRAD radar operates in "Clear Air Mode".
This is a special setting of the radar that gives it enhanced sensitivity that often picks up things in the atmosphere you wouldn't normally be able to spot on radar, like dust clouds, flocks of birds, temperature inversions, and also "ground clutter" from reflections off terrain and buildings in the area.

Temperature inversion

edit on 1/15/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
australia 22 januari 2010:

skywatchers.co.cc...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbo2006

Well your welcome and thank you for suggesting that you had seen this before.
I say that as it looks as if this one site has an immense amount of data.

I mean really this guy has gone over the top with his research. Its amazing.
You have got to look at each page as he presents page after page of satellite imagery.

Here is the link, scroll to the bottom, and find the red "next" button. He has pages and pages of proof!!!

www.colinandrews.net...

He even has had ongoing contact with the Australian Offices and you will be shocked to follow the story

Its late, and I intend to post many pictures of this here, if someone does not do it in the meantime.

What he found was shocking weather modification, that lead to the end of the 100 year drougt in Australia,
which is what is taking place now..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

You're taking what Oz said out of context and twisting his words, why?

This is what he said:

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
All the anomalies are known within the Bureau (my employer). Each has its own explanation, and each occurs more often than people think. Because we get the raw data (the radars actually sit on top of our met offices, or in towers next to the office), we probably see them more often than the general public, so none of this is new to us.

The below image is of the ring of fire anomaly, which occurs quite frequently with radars in Indonesia, but has only occured once here in Australia. It occurs when arcing is present in the magnetron

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb6f73d116c5.jpg[/atsimg]

The below two are more common examples of radar anomalies, caused by equipment malfunction (first one from Broome, the second from longreach or charleville, cant remember which)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f636f85d1e05.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e1caceb917d.jpg[/atsimg]

The arcing in the magnetron is what causes the 'ring of fire anomaly' and is what has been seen once in Australia.

He then goes onto explain other anomalies, which are caused by equipment malfunctions, these happen all the time, as Pilgrum said and is what is in your OP.

I've seen these often before as well.

If you haven't already realised why they're circles it's because DOPLA radars spin in a circle, so if there is any interference or malfunctions, they will show up as a circle or portions of a circle.

edit on 15/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Hi Defcon, appreciate your input.

If you are adding a fourth "explanation" this is going to get confusing really quick.

Here is why I say that, and no offense intended.

Weatherman

Kalgoorlie-Boulder Met Office ([email protected])
Sent:Monday, 18 January 2010 7:18:17 PM
To: xxxx removed

Hi Allan,

Early Saturday there were sort of concentric circles of echoes between 200 Kms
and 400 Kms from Kalgoorlie-Boulder. However there was no weather around
this area from which radar signals might have been reflected. It would therefore
seem to be due to what is referred to as "anomalous propagation ".(false
echoes) or even possibly dust in the atmosphere.
source

Our own weatherman - Oz commented here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then see Pilgrums post where he offers an even different opinion.

I am tending to go with the pages of research I just found here, and even included are the Aussie Governments condede that they infact do not know what caused this. www.colinandrews.net... - Scroll down to the bottom, and go through about all 6 pages.

The researcher has pages of evidence, accumulated radar and satellite images that all point to weather control.

Thank you for your opinions It is always great to have a Mod join in the discussion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join