It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91

Fair enough, I could say the same to you because it's pretty easy to imagine that you're not allowing yourself to see that things sometimes really can be as simple as people doing wondrous things with corn.

An open mind doesn't entail falling into a belief simply because it sounds neat, it means looking at all of the available angles and coming to a conclusion based on available evidence, then being willing to change that stance once real evidence is presented which doesn't conform to the previously held view.

What that means is that, yes, I will absolutely change my stance on the subject if more evidence becomes available that shows me I'm wrong. But look at it from my point of view and consider your own views. Aliens haven't even been proven to exist anywhere in the universe, let alone visiting Earth, let alone leaving us mysterious messages in fields. We should probably be starting at step one before we decide what's causing step three, shouldn't we?

The available evidence is that man-made crop circles are a reality. People can do it, they have done it, and it stands to reason that they're continuing to do it. Without even knowing aliens (or any number of other paranormal excuses behind crop circle theory) exist, why would we attribute their creation to anything other than men?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Simples:

nice try

Give a person enough room, and they'll make themselves look totally ridiculous. That video is showing circles done 'AFTER' the snow had fallen. Get a grip on reality, buffoon! The sort of non-thought out, knee-jerk response you gave just to try and score a point is the sort of really amateurish reply that irks me. It tells me that some posters just do not have the skillsets required to participate in a discussion.

I'd have been fine if the video showed it snowing whilst the circles were forming, but you automatically assume that it must have been...you are wrong. When I said that circles do not appear in bad weather, I meant (and this is for your clarification, because you obviously show yourself to be incapable of comprehension) when it was raining or snowing...that is what I mean when I said "...in a snowstorm or a torrential downpour." Hello! Anybody in there?

Okay, to the poster 'Simples', I apologise...I should not have sought to ridicule your reply of ridicule to me, it's not the way to go about discussing things.

I see reading the posts following mine that one or two other posters assume that I have not done any research, or that I must be ignorant of my own country's history. Their assumptions are wrong on both accounts. What I see is their appeal to anecdotal hearsay and self-evidency, and other people's research attempts. I've visited a crop circle back in the early nineties, I walked inside and around it, and I sensed nothing wonderous about it. My interest in them as a mystery was high at the time, but because I've done the research (I do have an open mind) I no longer accept them as mysterious, but as the man-made crop art that they are.

I'm not hear to convince anyone elsewise of their beliefs, or to beguile them of their want for mystery and enigma. If a person wants to accept things at the face value that others present, then fair enough, but don't call reading others research as if you were researching...that is not research. Visit the things, walk inside them, get a feel for them, measure them, etc. then look at other's research and see if things correllate with your own findings.

So let me reiterate certain facts about crop circles...

1) they never appear during bad weather
2) not one circle or agriglyph has provided any medical, scientific, or techo-mathematical advancement.
3) all claims to crop circles affecting electronic equipment are hearsay, but never seem to affect the cameras recording the film of the circle...seems to me that the circles are quite selective in what they affect.

By all means be open minded, but don't be so open minded that your reasoning faculties fall out.
edit on 16/1/11 by elysiumfire because: To apologise to a poster...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

Before I start I must say I did not mean to imply you were crazy by my last post, just that I use to think people who looked into this stuff were crazy

I think a lot of this has to do with belief...where do you get this belief that "aliens" are creating these crop circles? I'm not so sure of that myself, and I actually do believe in these, err, "aliens". It really all does come down to belief. We have had so much programmed into us from birth. What teachers tell us, our parents, what the tv says, religion, etc. It seems these days we are supposed to believe everything we read or hear.

I see in your signature you have the thread about not all ufos are alien spaceships....it makes since why you would be skeptical if you think we are all saying crop circles are created by ufos!

As far as me interpreting these symbols as being messages to our subconscious, well, this is something you really need to research yourself. We can argue whether or not they are man made all day long, putting that argument aside, what is the agenda? I have a hard time swallowing the tourist attraction story. And why use sacred geometry patterns?

I ask that you look at the spiritual side of these things, it will help you make more sense of it. I honestly cannot go into more detail about it and you understand what I mean without looking at the spiritual side. And I'm not trying to force some tyrannical religious god on you, I am anything but religious! Its just that the sooner I started linking all this "paranormal" stuff together instead of looking at it all as individual nonsense, the more everything began to make sense. Don't wait on science to publish everything (you could be waiting a loooonnng time) and trust your intuition. When you read something with an open mind and you get that feeling, like its all starting to click together, you will know what I mean.

I agree many times we overcomplicate simple things, but you could also turn around and say we try to rationalize things we don't understand. Both are true. I'm inclined to believe that some of the more complicated crop circles that I KNOW couldn't be created in mere hours at night (some accompanied by mysterious phenomena mentioned by other posters) cannot be explained away as something simple. That leaves us with the symbols. So research some of the symbols!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

EsSee,

Here is your proof if you care to read,
Please explain how, of all ways, did a "human circle maker" become so smart that they created:

www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

Because it is more lucrative to create crop circles than teaching some of the highest and unknown math equations ever to befall mankind.

It's smacking you in the FACE and you still disbelieve it.

I feel pity.

Sirric

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sirric

The problem with using the "It's too complicated" explanation as proof of non-human involvement is as follows:

If a person can understand the message a person could have created the original. If a person can't understand the message we would never have known there is a message and it would just seem like gibberish to us thus never knowing it wasn't from man.

I agree that it makes it much less likely that this was man-made and at least if it was it was likely done some really smart people possibly trying to show off, possibly trying to reveal an Illuminati plot, who knows?

This is evidence that the circle contain complex geometric shapes suggesting theorems nobody has even completely published until they were created in the fields and studied. Thats it, this isn't evidence of non-human origin. Everything else is conjecture and looking to what makes the most sense which obviously many people still disagree on.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well, we are here to speculate upon the meaning
of the non-man made crop circles and their relation
to us, not to play "here is, here isn’t". On this base
I can continue, otherwise the discussion is senseless
for me.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Jingle,

To say human Circle Makers are smart and able to create wonderful geometric patterns in the fields, I can agree. But to jump to the conclusion that they also created new geometric math equations that had never been published and then just decided to create them overnight in a crop-circle....Just to show off? I just can't buy that logic. That's not how human nature works. If you discover something new, you want everyone to know it was your idea, there would be a "tag" so to speak to allow proof that it was your discovery. There are none at this circle.

On top of this, if you didn't know, there are some crop-circles that the "math community" still haven't figured out and are still trying to decipher.

I'll agree with you that there is a possibility that all are hoaxes done by "human" government black ops funded money which I will believe before I believe it is circle making clubs of kids with boards coming up with new math equations.

Sirric

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Back in the 70's when crop circles began to appear in wheatfields in South England, I was initially interested in them, and followed their continuing appearance over the last few decades. They seemed to peak in the mid-nineties and have have tailed off since then, although the few that do continue to appear remain highly pictographic, organised, and enigmatic.

The thing is...you never get one appearing in awful weather; in a snowstorm or a torrential downpour. If their authors were truly intelligent off-world entities, their technology and advanced capability would overcome both snow and rain, and other inclement weather situations. The truth is, as enigmatic and artistically interesting as their appearance present them to be, crop circles are nothing more than a small cottage-industry for tourism in the area they appear. They are man-made, appearing mostly (in the UK at least) around sites of mystic and new age interests. This region, combining Somerset and Wiltshire and adjoining counties, where you will find Glastonbury, Avebury Stone Circle, and of course, Stonehenge, have very little sources of generating income for their area except by tourism. Crop circles were never anything more than an attempt to generate tourism for an area that has little to no industry apart from farming, which has been in decline for many years. The areas are steeped in mysticism and legends (ie, Arthurian) around neolithic sites of interest, but apart from Somerset, the areas are inland and do not have a coast that helps to bring in visitors.

I know for many of you that this is not what you want to read, and will no doubt cite examples of witness-observed circles forming under flying balls of light, or that their complexity and size must disclude man from having a hand in their appearance and formation. The truth is, not one circle or agrigraph has appeared that could not have been made by human hand. Not one formation has attributed to the avancement of mankind, in either a medical or technological, or scientific way. I predict that you will see a decline in the coming years of their appearance, as it is a man-made device that has lost its mystery and drawing power, except for those die-hard new agers who just don't accept reality.

Is that so? So Gerald Hawkins, who is a famous astronomer, has no credibility now either?

Now, I know for you, that this is not what you want to read, and you will no doubt cite examples of "experts" who contradict such a credible individual...

But seriously, if you had bothered to look at the links I posted in a previous post, or even bothered to read anyone else's posts as well, you'd see that several crop circles have in fact contributed to advances in different fields and ideas.

One such example, and a quote from Dr. Hawkins:

"Only after I published them. Before that they were unknown. The intellectual profile of any supposed hoaxer has therefore moved up one notch: he has to have the capability of creating new geometric theorems not found by Euclid!" was the answer given by him after being asked of the new theorems - "Those five theorems are based on Euclid’s work, but Euclid did not write them down. Are they widely accepted?"

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Euclidean geometry, but there are too many fields of science to name that are dependent on Euclidean geometry, most importantly, physics and the make-up of the entire physical world around us, down to the atom. Without going into a rant, without Euclidean geometry, many laws of physics break down.

So in the theme of denying ignorance, I think you should do some research of your own before making such assumptions. There are people who are HIGHLY qualified in the different fields of science who have investigated these formations, and the only reason they don't put their names on anything is because of the social and peer pressure, which would ultimately result in their funding getting pulled for other projects. It is NOT because these areas are for tourism, you are buying into the propaganda.

The hardest thing for people to accept is the unknown, and so to ease fear, people try to put anything logical that is easy to accept, even though it may not be the truth. Deny ignorance, it is not bliss, truth is.

~Namaste
edit on 17-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is a video of a conference where Colin Andrews covers his research and conclusions based on said research. Colin, lost his job, wife and his homeland due to his research on crop circles. I watched this video today in length and believed that it would be of great assistance to you in deciding what you prefer to believe.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandypie

Apparantly, I am still trying to learn how to embed videos on ats. lol Sorry, let's try this again...

www.youtube.com...

I don't think that will embed it to ats either, however at least now you have the proper link to view the video.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandypie

I think I already posted this video on here however the video may not be credible at all because he clearly states that he is good friends with nick pope who is disregarded as a non credible source within the UFO community.

I am a believer in crop circles aswell so I'm not just shrugging this video off just for the sake of it.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Some amazing cropcircle videos here - cropcircles1.blogspot.com...

Regards
Micky

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join