It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Slapped With $150 Million Emotional Distress Lawsuit From Florida Resident

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This guy is a joke far great and better things to get distressed about why didn't he get distressed with his corrupt goverment when they went to war twice?? This guy needs a cat scan

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
If anything the judge should rule that this guy have his TV, newspapers and computer take of him. And he should be in psychiatric care.

I say give him the green eggs and ham to sink his thoughts into and see how paranoid that makes him.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
yet obviously this guy kept going back for more.... ?

Can only cause distress if he read the while thing to reveal all..

you americans will sue over anything lol

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Sending him to a psychiatric treatment facility would then be COSTING you (the taxpayer) money. If you don't mind that, then, well, what else can you do?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It would seem only in America could such a BS lawsuit be filed, how can he even prove Wikileaks is the cause of his so called "anxiety and depression?". He should build a bridge and get over it. 150 million could make a pretty good bridge though.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar
yet obviously this guy kept going back for more.... ?

Can only cause distress if he read the while thing to reveal all..

you americans will sue over anything lol

LOL
Hey don't Aussies do the same thing? Sue each other? Or is there really nothing to sue over? It seems all the action (most of it relating to Truth and Wall Street) happens in America?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

only if they have money.

seems like i could sue all you guys too and ats. you are all rich because you are here all the time and don't have to work.

some of this stuff really stresses me to the point of madness and sorrow.

i say go for it fla guy!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Freedom....this is what make this country great, isn't it.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
If I'm the judge for that case, I'd tell this "baby" to man-up instead of blaming every little thing on somebody else.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If this goofball does win this case, it will be okay, I will then sue him for distress and damage due to the fact that I now no longer have access to, or any new information concerning what I deem important issues that assist me in making decision regarding future plans. Law suit will be for $160 million, I will then become a silent financier for the new and improved wikileaks.

If he can get this lawsuit rolling and win on such proposterous terms, then my lawsuit would be a walk in the park to win

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow! Never knew this was an option. Gotta go! There are so many people/organizations/governments owing me money and that's a lot of paperwork.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What an asshole. Its people like him who are ruining this country.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Cases like these are more like a political stunt. Its a farce, and nothing will come from this...

Assange is having a hard time funding his defense, and his website. Where the hell are they going to get 150 mil from?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I swear that there is something wrong with Florida...completely ridiculous and there is no chance in hell this is valid.

I have emotional distress from the success of American Idol...right; I am suing Fox...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

THis should be thrown out as a frivolous law suit.
And, he should be fined for taking up the court's time.
This guy must be plain old fashioned "nuts".
The article does not say why exactly this man has gotten himself upset over this.
What has he done that he fears will be revealed?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Perhaps everyone has missed this in his statement:

Pitchford claims to have done "exhaustive research" that shows WikiLeaks and Assange "have no known association with any known jourlism (sic) entity with the exception of that which is self proclaimed."

So your claims of suing cnn, fox, msnbc are mute. He is holding Assange & Wikileaks as guilty as they are releasing unauthorized documents to the public under the pretext that they claim to be like a news organization hence no known association with any known journalism entity. Geez knee jerk reactions much people? While I think it is all just sillyness he might have something of a case, and lets be honest here if the United States government wants Assange so bad surly something like this would get pushed through right, I mean any help to the government to bring them down would be a plus right?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
Okay if he can sue wikileaks for causing him emotional distress then I can sue CNN & MSNBC & FOX News for the same reason. While I'm at it my ex girlfriend causes me distress can I sue her? What about my cat? She made me bleed once and it hurt really bad.

Freedish,

I have to inform you that your avatar scares and depresses me and reminds me of a crown of thorns which implies torture and crucifiction causing me intense and needless suffering. I have had to take time off work because I am so badly affected.

Therefore I am suing you for $200 million, which I feel is entirely reasonable and a suitable recompense for the sheer hellish torment I have been put through.

PS. Your cat and I share the same lawyer and I hear your cat is countersuing you for witholding vital medicine (catnip)

:-)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yep.. It must really suck for the people she condemns. Having to worry if the jury trying you are Nancy Grace fans who have already decided to put to death or in the pen because Nancy has been talking about what a guilty disgusting person you are for weeks before you even got to trial.

If you read about her she is actually a disgraced lawyer, she pulled the same shameful tactics in the courtroom.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Good luck getting 200 million of me. I barely have 200 in the bank

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I agree...the article just touches on the surface of the subject, but never really dives into the real facts that support his justification for such actions! Could this be a conspiracy towards WikiLeaks and to make that site look bad in front of the public?

If someone can prove what this guy is all about, maybe a background profile, that would be great. I will be on this guy too

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join