It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commiefornia at it again! new bill would ban open carry!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
more infringement upon our second amendment by the good state of California.

www.ktvu.com...

maybe if EVERYONE carried a gun, the US might be a safer place.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WJjeeper

California should just become its own country. Everything the rest of the country doesn't want is cool with them...let's see...drugs, prostitution, gambling, government owned everything, no guns, abortion...etc.

They are are dragging the rest of the country down...cut off the dead limb and be free.

Then again they do have nice beaches...and 49 states would be weird.

Does anyone else think it is odd timing for this bill to come up? Let's see a pyscho goes and kills a bunch of people and then a bill banning guns comes up.
When will people learn that guns don't kill people...people do.
I mean if you're going to ban guns then you have to ban everything else that could be used as a weapon...shovels, ice picks, ice skates...scissors...knives (HOW WILL YOU CARVE THE TURKEY?)
icicles...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
no, californias great! its just the politicians and laws that suck. (lets not forget the smug ass extremist liberals)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Carrying a gun is cheating.

We were not born with a gun, so I think all guns should be banned for personal carry except in a war situation.

That means, the only God given right we have for self defense is - Jiu-jitsu

Honest and honorable self defense.

FX

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
As soon as California can protect their citizens, then we'll see. However, the state, the police, aren't able to protect you. Maybe something to do with lawsuite when people get killed and no cop in site! Yea, either sue California and the PD's every time someone gets shot or let the citizenz protect themselves like the founding fathers made it so!

Until then, open or concealed carry. They'll get the point. Government by the citizizens, not the government!

This country is in a sad, sad, state.....

edit on 15/1/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I'm confused...

Was this thread created to discuss the second amendment and the possibility of the state of California infringing upon it? Because this is a very interesting conversational topic.

Or is it just a pretense for liberal bashing? Because that topic has been overdone and is boring anyway.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'm confused...

Was this thread created to discuss the second amendment and the possibility of the state of California infringing upon it? Because this is a very interesting conversational topic.

Or is it just a pretense for liberal bashing? Because that topic has been overdone and is boring anyway.

~Heff

ill bash whoever i think is responsible for my loss of liberties.

and obviously if you read the source, im not just liberal bashing (funny, it IS a lib who is trying to shove this law through)
edit on 15-1-2011 by WJjeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WJjeeper

Well then, your agenda is clear, admitted to, and owned. So why hide it behind threads entitled to entrap others into believing they are going to engage in a gun rights thread?

Misleading.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WJjeeper

Well then, your agenda is clear, admitted to, and owned. So why hide it behind threads entitled to entrap others into believing they are going to engage in a gun rights thread?

Misleading.

~Heff

so, "heff" do you think YOU should be able to carry a gun in public?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
heres another link to the story

www.insidebayarea.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I do believe in concealed carry, as long as the person carrying is properly permitted. But I also believe that there are public places which should be exempt from this... such as public buildings and bars.

I do carry a sidearm frequently in this manner.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I do believe in concealed carry, as long as the person carrying is properly permitted. But I also believe that there are public places which should be exempt from this... such as public buildings and bars.

I do carry a sidearm frequently in this manner.

~Heff

now, you have stated your standpoint on open carry... now let ME say, that i believe we should be able to own a gun without any discrimination of when and where we can carry it. danger is ALWAYS eminent.

on another note, i didnt mean for my thread to come across as "lib bashing" thread. even though IT IS true THEY are the ones trying to take away sovereigns liberties.

top topics

join