It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we are the dominant species in the universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
We are always portraying ourselves as the victims of invading aliens/higher beings, always giving ourselves a role of subservience.

What if we start expanding, spreading across the galaxy, and realize that we actually are the most evolved lifeform? Are we ready to take on that role, that of the invading aliens?

I'm quite certain that we would keep to our ways of enslaving and dehumanizing anything that's different.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Perhaps. Maybe all this speculation of alien presence turns out to be the ultimate irony. I still don't think that the odds are exactly on our side, I mean sextillions of stars in the universe and even more planets/moons. But it turns out we are, I atleast hope we get to witness other intelligent species evolve. If not, and we're the ONLY intelligent species, then damn..a whole universe for only us. Kinda lonely in some way. To be honest I don't pay attention to any alien living on earth theories; atleast not until somebody has hard proof/disclosure/I see one myself.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vilkata

All very possible and I agree that if we were then us enslaving and pushing our views on others would probably happen. At least at this given point in our timeline.

Good thing for us ( or maybe bad) its more likely that we are not at either end of the spectrum of life in the universe but more likely in the middle

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think this may turn out to be the case.

And my first reaction is "BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....MINE ALL MINE."

Okay, after that I settle down to, gosh what can we do with an infinite amount of resources?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
read the bible and find out WHO IS THE DOMINANT SPECIES!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
We may have nuclear weapons, we may have HAARP, we may have NASA & satellites, but we "don't" have IDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS to colonize other planets. That said, we are still perceived to be second best

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vilkata

If we are the best God can do then he is going to get fired for incompetence!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Some species has to be the "First Ones". It may or may not be us. When (If) the human race finally ventures into the galaxy and Universe, we may find that we are indeed the first species to develope interstellar travel. we may very well be the ones that other races call "The Great Old Ones" a million years from now.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yeah, with opposable thumbs we sure like to get a grip on things --- building and destroying! Just look at the satellite images of the night skies and how much land mass humans have occupied thus far.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I don't know... travel the stars, create an army of cybernetic workers who quickly turn on us and get thrown into a galactic war with them with the only salvation being the minuscule chance of finding safe haven on the mythical lost planet of "Earth"?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loki41872

This is where a new Star Trek film comes out...or who knows, maybe there will be an alien reality tv show made! I can smell some profits to be made that day happens

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
What if we are the dominant species in the universe?

OH @#$t!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Okay, ignoring for the moment the extreme improbability that humans are the most powerful form of intelligence, it doesn't mean that we will be forever.

Enslaving, or proselytising of aliens will probably be impossible; they won't have the slightest clue what we're trying to tell them to do or believe in.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vilkata

In my world view this concept is irrelevant.

There is no such thing as a "dominant species." If any culture survives long enough to "dominate" all others, it has become so strong that showing its strength as domination is no longer necessary.

There is no way in heck that human culture here on earth is the most advanced of any culture out there. But no culture that would seek to dominate is really that advanced.

Earth culture is a unique mix and thus shows a lot of potential. But if we ever go down in the annals of the universe as the ones who finally brought freedom and happiness to the whole shebang, it won't be until we have progressed a lot farther than where we are now.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't think we are, but if we were, I don't think we'd go invading other species. As our intelligence advances we'd probably use our place as the most intelligent species to preserve and study the different forms of life in the universe. And as our technology increases, I don't think we'd have a need to invade other species planets.
Unless we were directly threatened of course, then it would be fair and necessary to defend ourselves
edit on 15/1/2011 by MortlitantiFMMJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
reply to post by Aeons

I don't know... travel the stars, create an army of cybernetic workers who quickly turn on us and get thrown into a galactic war with them with the only salvation being the minuscule chance of finding safe haven on the mythical lost planet of "Earth"?

There are many Earths. This has all happened before.

top topics

join