It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA Looking Into Gold As Alternative To Dollar When SHTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
www.kitco.com...

In what could be the financial shot heard around the world, the state of Virginia is considering the establishment of a joint subcommittee to study whether the Commonwealth should adopt a currency such as gold or silver to serve as an alternative to the currency distributed by the Federal Reserve System in the event of a major breakdown of the Federal Reserve System.

Virginia considers it their Constitution right and cites experts warning that the FED system could break down, largely due to not backing their currency with gold and silver. If you haven't as insurance against exactly the scenario Virginia is concerned about, what are you waiting for? Selected parts of HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION NO. 557 are below.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.

edit on Sun Jan 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: added esternal quote tags: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Surprised you did not get any comments.

I found this on the Virginia Bill Tracking site-lis.virginia.gov...

So this is going forward.

Oh by the way, anyone that has given me guff about my gold and economy threads over the past two years-

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Thanks for the info! Yes, I'm really surprised there's no interest. I think this is really major news.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Unbelievable that no one is interested in this story!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Gold is pointless to own for the average consumer period. why you may ask? how much gold is required when shtf to properly barter for goods? how many people do you know that can properly weigh gold and place a worth on it?
The best way to buy and trade is bartering commodities. need some ammo to hunt? trade some of your rice. Stockpile a room full of ammo use it to trade for food.
Think about it guy comes up with a ounce of gold needs food for his family out of desperation gives the entire ounce of for a bag of rice and gallon of water. once things normalize the guy with all the food and water has a stack of gold and all you suckers that had that gold just gave it to him. I can only hope i live near a major city the day this happens once things normalize ill be a very rich man

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

No one is interested because it is a non-story.

This is a bill introduced by one man to create a committee to study the feasibility of Virgina adopting its own currency.

This IS NOT a bill trying to convert Virginia over to its own currency.

Does anyone really think it is even remotely feasible to have one state on its own currency? Does anythink that, with a such a large number of Northern Virgina residents working in D.C. that this bill has ANY chance of going anywhere.

Even IF this bill created a committee, what it is going to find is that it would be devistating for Virginia's economy to have its own currency. They would need to have their own currency exchange at every border. They would have to convert their banking system which would cost how many millions? They would have to create their own coinage system, again how many millions to start up?

And this is just off the top of my head, imagine what a committee would find.

Now if a bill was presented to start hoarding precious metals in preparation of the Fed crashing and burning... well that would be a story.

- mike
edit on 15-1-2011 by subversivemike because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by subversivemike

I guess the big story here for me is that we as a nation are beginning to have to wake up and deal with the fact that our nation is collapsing and our dollar may not just go down but become worthless. If Virginia seriously takes up this issue, think about what they will be doing.

They will be looking for an alternative to the dollar. Think about the magnitude of this! They will be creating THEIR OWN CURRENCY. Whether or not it involves gold or silver is not the point. They realize they may need to develop within their state a trading mechanism other than the dollar.

The dollar for the last 70 years has been THE dominate currency on the planet and now within our country we are starting to look for a "Plan B" for when the once almighty dollar collapses. This is confirmation we ARE going down folks.

This folks is HUGE news and why no one on this board seems to care is a mystery to me.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamLael

I guess the big story here for me is that we as a nation are beginning to have to wake up and deal with the fact that our nation is collapsing and our dollar may not just go down but become worthless. If Virginia seriously takes up this issue, think about what they will be doing.

They will be looking for an alternative to the dollar. Think about the magnitude of this! They will be creating THEIR OWN CURRENCY. Whether or not it involves gold or silver is not the point. They realize they may need to develop within their state a trading mechanism other than the dollar.

The dollar for the last 70 years has been THE dominate currency on the planet and now within our country we are starting to look for a "Plan B" for when the once almighty dollar collapses. This is confirmation we ARE going down folks.

This folks is HUGE news and why no one on this board seems to care is a mystery to me.

One man entered this bill, with no co-sponsor, maybe with the backing of some of his constituents, but that's it. You keep writing "they" like the entire state is behind this bill. They aren't.

- mike

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I think I qualified my opinion by saying "IF they take up the issue."

I realize that VA hasn't yet (and may never) legislate into existence a dollar alternative. My point to reiterate, is that we are pretty far down the path to our financial doom if domestically we are beginning to even think about looking for alternatives to our own currency..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is bad for me. I live in VA and have my whole life. I can say that VA is definitely one of those places where the rich are RICH and the poor are POOR. Ten years ago there was a middle class but that is long gone.

If this happens, the richies are gonna hoard all the gold and to hell with everyone else. That's pretty much the way it is here now.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

I think all of us in the middle class are getting wiped out regardless of what state we're in. If I lived in VA, I'd be happy they may actually try to have a currency of their own (whether its gold/silver based or not) that will give you all the means to trade. The rest of the states will break down into looting and rioting if the dollar collapses.
edit on 15-1-2011 by IamLael because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

Well, people here usually only associate with there own. This place is very divided. The rich are gonna be the ones initially with the gold, and probably only trade it between each other until they need real work done, then bring in the slaves. I'm really not liking this just because I know how people around here are.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

IamLael,

Article 1 Section 10.

No state shall make anything but gold and silver coin tender in payment of debt.

I have known about this part of the Constitution of the United States for many many years. Yet I find it very interesting that the US Government as well as state governments do not adhere to the Law they swore to uphold.
Nothing keeps government budgets in line better than sound money...better than a sound system of weights and measures. This is a concept and understanding which is hardly taught in public schools through college levels.

Honest moneys...just weights and measures.

Any time a government can create moneys through whatever system they devise they will outspend the public and use/misuse this power to maintain themselves in office against the public felicity and public welfare. It will always revert back to private felicity and against the public welfare.
The public will find themselves in competition with the government for goods and services in a finite collapsing market and against ever increasing amounts of weaker dollars.

The public is always the competition against government largess and it is the public..or the private business which will be held back and government interests will always come first...not the public felicity.

And government has the media shilling for them as well as the public school system..financed by government so they never teach you how this corrupt system works against the public. They don't dare.

The problem is that the US government somewhere along the line switched from a system of just weights and measures in our coinage to a system of unjust weights and measures. Not only in gold but also in silver. And now they have gone so far as to counterfeit the pennies. Scrape a copper looking penny dated after about 1982 and you will find a zinc slug inside a copper clad coat. This is counterfeiting by the government.

In silver coinage ...when they minted 90% silver coins as money the dollar was twice the weight and fineness of a fifty cent piece. The dollar was four times the weight of a quarter..and also 90% fine silver. The dollar was ten times the weight of a dime in 90% fine silver. The dollar in silver was also 20 times the weight of a half dime coin and 90% fine silver.
When you stacked up two newly minted fifty cent silver coins next to a newly minted silver dollar...they weighed the same.
It was the same with four quarters..weighed the same as a newly minted silver dollar.
Same with ten dimes
Same with twenty half dimes.
It was a system of weights and measures..just weights and just measures.

It was the same with gold coinage...a system of just weights and just measures. Just balances. Right out of the Bible.

This constituted a system of just weights and measures just like measuring spoons or cups in Mama's kitchen.
It made sense..it was a linear system of weights and measures in silver. The system also made sense in gold...a system of just weights and measures. Copper coins were for smaller denominations and the system made sense and was in copper to the pennyweight.

Remember ..these coins/coinage had on them In God We Trust because people knew that the Bible required a system of Just weights and measures..not a measure great and a measure small...but perfect weights and measures. Just scales and just balances.

Today because we have educated intelligent and sophisticated men running our treasury and coinage systems we now have a Susan B. Anthony dollar which is made out of copper/nickle and is 2/3rds the size of a fifty cent piece and yet claims to be worth twice as much. You have to go to public school to get this stupid to mint something like this. Yet here we have an example of a coinage system which says on it In God We Trust and yet is obviously a system of "UNJUST:" weights and measures...a measure great and a measure small.

What this means to people who can think outside the box in smarts and intelligence...is that somewhere along the line the US Government switched gods to the god of unjust weights and measures and away from the God of just weights and measures. And furthermore the government never told anyone they had done this to the public...to the nation.

This type of counterfeiting would be very difficult in gold, silver , and copper if the government had to make do in these metals...and not cheat.

The paper notes used to say on them down at the bottom..

"Will Pay To The Bearer On Demand"

Meaning the bearer can take the notes to a bank and get the gold, silver or copper. Meaning the note was not the money. This line "Will Pay To The Bearer On Demand" is now missing. You can find it if you have any olde notes. This too kept the government from over printing notes..because the notes could be called by the public...or the users. But it was not as sound a system of monies as was just gold, silver , and copper coins.

Hope this helps some of you in your thinking outside of the box of what passes for education today. The olde folks knew this as part of their every day thinking. Why do you think olde people used to bite into the coins..to insure that you were giving them the real metal..for the money was the metal..not the coin per se but the metal in the coin.

Thanks,
Orangetom

edit on 15-1-2011 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join