It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loughner video with 'genocide' and 'torture' ramblings is released

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Loughner video with 'genocide' and 'torture' ramblings is released

www.latimes.com

YouTube video that prompted the suspension of Tucson shooting suspect Jared Lee Loughner in September was released Friday by officials at Pima Community College and included rambling statements such as "We are examining the torture of students" and "This is genocide in America."

The video, no longer on the website, was released to The Times following a public records request and offers the extended example of Loughner's voice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well there you go folks. Proof positive that Jared Lee Loughner had raised enough red flags before this tragedy occurred. He was allowed to proceed whether through negligence or intent, but we can all agree now that it was not ignorance.

Link to video is provided, but if it doesn't show up correctly it is here : www.latimes.com...

I'm not sure what disgusts me more, that he did this horrible deed, or that he repeatedly sent up red flags and should have been stopped long before this happened.

Thoughts?

www.latimes.com

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
thanks for bringing us the latest
and speaking of red flags lol check out this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
woah wait!! when he was @ the bookstore in the reflection that wasnt him holdn the cam

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
woah wait!! when he was @ the bookstore in the reflection that wasnt him holdn the cam

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It would have been great if he was stopped because of his history and red flags, but nobody had any idea he was going to do what he did until he did it. Do you really want the Gov. to start arresting people because of what they think people COULD do before they even do it? It is like that move 'Minority Report' where they look into the future then arrest people before they commit the crime they were going to do. If he had stated his plan then by all means arrest him, but they really didn't know how crazy he was until he carried out his evil acts.
edit on 14-1-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
How exactly is this video supposed to have raised any red flags? There is absolutely nothing about this video that is threatening, demented, or even beyond the logical analysis of his thoughts. He mentions genocide, yes, but not in a way that would indicate he was thinking about doing so. If this is what is supposed to raise red flags towards someone's mental instability and predisposition to a shooting rampage, then there are millions of people online right now that we need to worry about.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12

He had it near his head, I had to watch it a few more times to be sure. He's looking through the eyepiece so it's hard to make it out in the crappy quality.

Any theories doubting this guy's insanity can consider themselves debunked.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

i dont know , thats weird doesent look like him at all, when was it taken?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
It would have been great if he was stopped because of his history and red flags, but nobody had any idea he was going to do what he did until he did it. Do you really want the Gov. to start arresting people because of what they think people COULD do before they even do it? It is like that move 'Minority Report' where they look into the future then arrest people before they commit the crime they were going to do. If he had stated his plan then by all means arrest him, but they really didn't know how crazy he was until he carried out his evil acts.
edit on 14-1-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

I can agree with the first part of that statement. He did raise plenty of flags, and every now and then someone falls through the cracks. My issue really arises with the Sheriff, who quickly placed the blame on others instead of himself.

Being a former US Army Infantryman, I know that part of the job is accepting some form of responsibility when things go wrong. Someone has to take the blame. He was reported to the police numerous times, and even in the video spoke in a threatening manner to the teacher, who luckily couldn't hear the rest of the response.

I will say that Youtube, Myspace, Facebook and twitter are monitored within constitutional limits. If your pages are set to "public" and someone asks the police to look into you, they will look there first. We all know his Youtube was public, so it is the fault of the Sheriff for not looking into this as part of the investigation if they existed at the time. However, plenty of testimony to his erratic behavior, and general insanity were abundant.

If we're so quick to blame this on "rhetoric", why can't we first look at the laws we have in place that were not used or followed before we try to add more.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Anyone else find it rather interesting that Loughner's lawyer is Judy Clarke?

She defended, in part:
- Islamic terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui,
- the "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski,
- Timothy McVeigh

There are beliefs that all these individuals were framed or groomed (in the case of Ted Kaczynski, where his brother recently said in an interview that he believes Ted was a subject of MKULTRA).

What does Loughner have to do with the above three?

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I think something they could have done to prevent him from doing what he did would have been to put him on a list from buying or owning a gun. He may not have had a checkered past or been arrested, but he had five to six run-ins with campus police that caused him to get kicked out of school. For him to be able to return to school he had to get a mental health clearance indicating that he wasn't a danger to himself or others.

So, he was crazy enough to not be allowed into college, but sane enough to purchase a weapon and ammo? That doesn't make any sense.

We don't need to get rid of the 2nd amendment, but any red flag in your recent history should put you on a list that prevents you from purchasing a weapon or ammo legally until you are cleared or prove that you should not be on the list.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Honestly, after watching that video, Loughner reminds me of Alex Jones worshipers. The ones who twist every single fact of life into a conspiracy, and think every establishment is illegal and violates the constitution. He is definitely stuck in a conspiracy induced psychosis. In fact, he reminds me of Alex Jones himself, however I don't think Alex believes half the rubbish he makes other people believe.

I know Alex has an effect on the weak minded. Loughner is the type I worry about when I notice Alex Jones spitting fear, paranoia, and lies into the microphone as if it were the truth. It puts people into a mindset which can get them to see the world in a different way. That is good only in some cases, but mostly bad because you can get stuck that way. If you do it too much then you won't even see reality for what it actually is. It contaminates your view and opinion of reality and causes confirmation bias which causes you to think your opinion is a fact.

If you think everyone is out to get you constantly, you set your self up to misunderstand the intentions of others, and people who are not out to get you only appear to be because of confirmation bias. Then, you start to notice the ones who actually are out to get you more often, and that confirms your beliefs even more. That is when your reality becomes contaminated and you are stuck in a psychosis. I believe that is what happened to Loughner. He let conspiracies rule his life.

Interestingly, I heard Loughner actually was a Alex Jones listener.

Now, I'm going to get attacked by the A. Jones cult.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
Honestly, after watching that video, Loughner reminds me of Alex Jones worshipers. The ones who twist every single fact of life into a conspiracy, and think every establishment is illegal and violates the constitution. He is definitely stuck in a conspiracy induced psychosis. In fact, he reminds me of Alex Jones himself, however I don't think Alex believes half the rubbish he makes other people believe.

I know Alex has an effect on the weak minded. Loughner is the type I worry about when I notice Alex Jones spitting fear, paranoia, and lies into the microphone as if it were the truth. It puts people into a mindset which can get them to see the world in a different way. That is good only in some cases, but mostly bad because you can get stuck that way. If you do it too much then you won't even see reality for what it actually is. It contaminates your view and opinion of reality and causes confirmation bias which causes you to think your opinion is a fact.

If you think everyone is out to get you constantly, you set your self up to misunderstand the intentions of others, and people who are not out to get you only appear to be because of confirmation bias. Then, you start to notice the ones who actually are out to get you more often, and that confirms your beliefs even more. That is when your reality becomes contaminated and you are stuck in a psychosis. I believe that is what happened to Loughner. He let conspiracies rule his life.

Interestingly, I heard Loughner actually was a Alex Jones listener.

Now, I'm going to get attacked by the A. Jones cult.

He's not, and though I'm not an AJ Fan, I have to come to somewhat of a defense here.

You can't throw out accusations like that, and not support it. That's the exact thing that the MSM is doing, which is exactly why people seek other sources for their news.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
How convienent this video this is a joke if nobody can see this epic adventure of lies and deception they better wake up . This is perfect spin doctor, patsie operation they always use. not buyin it

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
Thoughts?

www.latimes.com

Thanks for posting this.

My first impression is that hearing his voice sheds light on another dimension of this man's disturbed mind. His voice is full of wound-up anger and fear; everything he says is halfway between a choked-back sob and a whine of barely-repressed rage. From his writings, you get a sense of the fragmented and splintered thought process he operates on, but its another thing entirely to see it in action. He speaks at a faster pace then I would have imagined, but on reflection it fits the profile...schizophrenics are often full of jittery energy like this.

Listening to him speak, its an interesting exercise to let go of the meanings of the words themselves and listen to the emotional tone in which he speaks. You can definitely smell that this guy is disturbed, almost certainly in a chemical/organic sense.

edit on 1/15/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

He's not, and though I'm not an AJ Fan, I have to come to somewhat of a defense here.

He's not what? An Alex Jones listener? Or stuck in a psychosis?

He actually thought his math teacher was brainwashing him. That is like claiming 2+2= 4 is a lie, and teaching that is an attempt at brainwashing... Obviously he thought the entire school was against him, including his math teacher.

I am pretty sure he was an Alex Jones listener, that was an official statement. They saw his browsing history.

You can't throw out accusations like that, and not support it. That's the exact thing that the MSM is doing, which is exactly why people seek other sources for their news.

Not support what? He just walked around his entire ex-school and claimed the school was torturing students, and it was committing genocide, and violating his rights. He thought the entire school was just a big brainwashing facility. Sure some information you are told in school may not be 100% accurate anymore, but it's a starting point. Nobody is stopping you from continuing your own education from that starting point and learning more truth..

He even claimed his teacher violated his free speech. That is like claiming a rights violation on a librarian when they tell you to keep quiet in a library.

Nothing I said was an accusation, it was pure observational conclusions. The guy was obviously stuck in a psychosis. And if you read his writings you can see he often repeats himself in the same paragraph which to me points to untreated obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 15-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

You realize everything you toss onto Jones's shoulders could be just as easily be said about a number of ATS members, right? I mean, you can spend your time here tapping into exactly the same theories and minsets as you pin on Jones, conversing with people who agree with him and tout his ideas. So keep in mind ATS could be accused using exactly the same argument you use against Jones. I contend it isn't true for ATS, and it isn't true for Jones, either.

In reality, neither Jones nor ATS can be blamed. Nor can any political ideology, or the books he read, or any other form of media he consumed. You simply can't blame content -- any content -- for something like this. The guy is mentally disturbed and if you really want to blame anything other than Loughner himself, you are going to have to blame Loughner's crossed wiring, sizzling synapses, and misfiring neurotransmitters.

edit on 1/15/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm not defending this obviously sick man, but if anyone things this video is a red flag, they are far more astute than I myself am. It came off as a typical upset young mind making a video.

Yeah it was a little "off center" and incoherent....but red flag? I can easily find a thousand videos from young people online showing far worse content and grander leaps in logic.

If anyone made this video that you personally know, would you shake your head and say "yeah, that guy is gunna kill someone"?

Just saying- that video was no red flag. It only stands as a creepy video from an insane individual "now" after the facts.

Lets be honest...the video didn't scream "look at me, I am a danger to my self and others"...it was more of a "I'm board and recording my walk to class, so I'm gunna moan about how much I hate school".

I've seen far more "crazy crap" from this kid in his forum posts and other youtube vids. This one is no red flag at all, IMHO.

I'm sure so many would disagree now that they have the advantage of knowing this boy eventually became a murderer.

MM

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wow he is deffo a whack job,nut case. I cant see any sign's
of MKultra mind control that has been suggested in other threads
all i see is someone who has lost grip on reality,
NONE of it makes sense? utter madness.
Why alarm bells never went off sooner to stop this tragedy is sad.

How the hell did he get his hands on the weapon and ammo?
were they his? I have not been really following all of the details
Just a little to sick for my palate at the moment.

<<   2 >>

join