It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bodies Beheaded in Mexico Tourist City" - 1-8- 2011 - Officers Shot to Death in Front of Tourists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
"ACAPULCO, Mexico | Sat Jan 8, 2011 7:05pm EST

ACAPULCO, Mexico (Reuters) - Fifteen bodies, all but one of them decapitated, were found early on Saturday in the Pacific resort city of Acapulco as drug violence in Mexico intensified.

The victims, all male, were discovered at dawn near a shopping mall along with threatening hand-written messages that are typically left as a calling card by drug cartels, authorities said.

At least a dozen more bodies were found at several scenes of violence around the city early on Saturday, local media reported in more examples of drug gang skirmishes."

Source: www.reuters.com...:s0:a49:g43:r2:c0.097561:b40994428:z0

And so it continues.....When will this violence by the cartels end?

edit on 14-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
To be honest there is either gonna be complete collapse of the gov. system down there, or cartels taking power of the system (Some would argue this has already happened), or there is gonna be some sort of outside intervention due to profusion (I think that's a word if it's isn't it is now) across the border.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
wasn't this new a while ago?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
To be honest there is either gonna be complete collapse of the gov. system down there, or cartels taking power of the system (Some would argue this has already happened), or there is gonna be some sort of outside intervention due to profusion (I think that's a word if it's isn't it is now) across the border.

10 bucks says USA goes down before Mexico.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LipanConjuring86
wasn't this new a while ago?

?????
It just happened last week, and therefore a "current event" not breaking alternative news.... There was nothing found in a search of ATS prior to my post. Here is our government's embassy advisory on same:

Acapulco
"Federal, state and local police plan to meet with the military to consider ways to beef up security in Acapulco, where 14 decapitated men and two police officers were among the unusually high number of victims over the weekend of January 7-9. Within 48 hours, a total of 31 bodies were found in Acapulco. Most of the killings are believed to have occurred in just a few hours from Friday night to Saturday in non-tourist areas of the city. But the officers were shot to death in front of tourists on Avenida Costera Miguel Aleman, the hotel-lined thoroughfare that runs along the bay. "

source: mexico.usembassy.gov...
edit on 14-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador

Originally posted by Golithion

10 bucks says USA goes down before Mexico.

I will take that bet and raise you 10 on top of it.

Ha ha! Not the only one to say such things: www.kfoxtv.com...
edit on 14-1-2011 by Golithion because: Zing addition.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Thanks for that link!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Acapulco, albeit a coastal paradise in the tourist area, happens to be in the state of Guerrero one of Mexico's poorest and most violent states. This story got good media play because the headless bodies turned up in the popular tourist area.

This is a story I remember from last year. 25 dead in Guerrero in one day including several decapitations.

25 killed in Mexico drug violence www.canada.com...

Rest assured, I have no plans to travel to Mexico anytime soon. Mexico is gradually slipping deeper into cartel control with the passing of each day. They are bold and brazen like never before. These lunatics essentially sign their "work/executions" out of pride and to keep the fear elevated.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Sounds like what happened last week in Acapulco is a mirror of what happened in 2010.

I believe the Mexican government has lost all control over the cartels and appear powerless to stop them.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Definitely. It would seem that the Mexican govt. is merely just a formality these days. Can't send the cartels to the UN conferences ya know. Watch yourself down there in Texas.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yeah I can't see the cartels doing the conference thing any time soon...looks like we need to send in a team of special forces to me......
edit on 15-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

i wish i could say the same about not going to mexico anytime soon but my fiance and her family says i need to go and meet her parents and family because i have never met them before only talked to them on the phone and net. So does anyone know if the State of Puebla in Mexico is a warzone like to border cities and some other places as that will be where i will be living for maybe 3 months. Please someone help me with the question about Puebla state being bad about killings or not. I had a website on my old browser saved that shows all the recent killings in mexico and they are posted to the website as they are discovered if anyone wants to know this site just send me a pm or reply on here and i will look it up. Thanks in advance for helping with my question! beheadings in mexico are more common than in the middles east. well atleast it is starting to seem that way i hope it isnt true! If i die i want it to be as quick as possible if they are going to behead me then i hope it happens after i am already dead. I once seen a video of a beheading in mexico and the knife was so dull that when they got to the spinal cord and tried to cut it they could not so they started hacking at it with the same knife the person was already dead before they made it to his spinal cord he had bled out but everytime they hit the spinal cord hard with the knife the body would make different movements sometimes his arms would flail it was the most gruesome thing i have ever seen in my life besides the manic boys in i cant remember the name of the city but i believe it was in russia where they killed this man and redcorded it they basically tortured him and i have never heard such sounds come from a human i actually cried and puked and quit the film but i just had to throw what i saw in the mexican beheading in on this post and if anyone wants to see it send me a U2U and i will hunt it down for you!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurotachi

Well, here's one answer for you found on the net:

www.kansan.com...

Fiancee or not, you could not get pay me to go to any parts of Mexico right now. And this is coming
from someone who has previously visited their country on numerous occasions over the years.
Best of luck and stay safe. At the least, if you decide to go, try to get a connecting flight from Houston for example to Puebla instead of travelling by bus from Mexico City to Puebla, which is about 2 hours away.

edit on 15-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join