It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a UFO while watching the Perseid Meteor Shower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is my 1st post about a ufo sighting in general. And im posting this hesitantly due to all of the disrespect and bashing people get when posting threads like this. But I am hoping there will be some good people to chime in.

August 2009:

Me and my friend "Rob" went to visit his family up in TAWAS MICHIGAN. His family has a house on the lake which is directly across the road leading into the Tailor park where he has more family and where steve lives.

"Steve" who was maybe 20-23 years old owned his own and we where staying in a pop up in his yard for the weekend.

As the peak time was approaching we walked to the beach and saw a couple of nice meteors and a really cool bright one with a green trail. Our necks where starting to hurt from looking straight up in the air and we wanted to go back to the trailor park directly accros the road. So we all laid outside looking into the skies. I,layed on top of a picnic table looking up,Steve,laying back in a lawn chair and "Rob" Laying on another table facing up.

A half hour went by and it wasnt picking up in activity. Then we see a very faint light start to move up(Up because we are laying on our backs.) It moved pretty slow and went up and to the left. Look at this picture to get a better idea. The arrows are the directions of the showers. The dashed lines are where it started to get very faint and disappear.

Rob was asleep but me and Steve where still up on our phones checking twitter to read reports when I asked him if he saw it and he said yes. you had to look just next to it to be able to see it good. Just like when looking at stars,DONT look at them,look right next to them.

It continued "up" while drifting left before slowly dimming out,going behind clouds I think. Back then I didnt even think of it as being a UFO

Thinking back im almost sure it was a ufo because it was moving in a complete different profile then the way the showers where going and lasted more than a split second.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Additional info:

Brightness was dimmer than a normal star.
Smaller than a normal star.
Didnt Shine,just lit up.
PinHead Size.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Sounds like you seen a satellite, just following the curve of the Earth then vanishing into the shadow. Theres loads you can see with the naked eye, exactly as you described, and they don't all follow the same path.....made me wonder first time i seen one

edit on 15/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Sounds like you seen a satellite, just following the curve of the Earth then vanishing into the shadow. Theres loads you can see with the naked eye, exactly as you described, and they don't all follow the same path.....made me wonder first time i seen one

Awesome. Now Im no longer wondering!

That'd be cool to see more.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Keep looking up, theres an awful lot pass overhead every night, I don't think it depends on location either, they're everywhere! The best ones, if you can see them in your area are the ISS (space station), and the iridium satellites....ever heard of iridium flares? It's when the sun catches the largest part of the iridium satellites (ie solar panels) and it gives of a brilliant flash in space.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join