It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loughner Salvia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Loughner Salvia

www.google.com

(google search)

#
News for loughner salvia

# Newsweek
Arizona shooting update: Jared Loughner used salvia says friend ...
2 days ago
Reports from Loughner's friends and former teachers lay the foundation for someone mentally disturbed. Could Jared Loughner's salvia use have triggered or ...
Examiner.com - 8 related articles

#
Arizona shooting update: Jared Loughner used salvia says friend ...
Jan 12, 2011 ... Arizona shooting update: Jared Loughner used salvia says friend, schizophrenia?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This guy simply fried his brain. The mechanism of action of Salvia is not as well-understood as other psychotropic drugs. His friend said that he was "used to" seeing the sky as orange and the grass as blue. This indicates he was either taking "heroic doses" or taking it almost every day. In any case, whatever receptors this works on, he seems to have peened them over to the point where they were permanently malfunctioning.
Salvia is what I would call a "severe hallucinogen", I have heard it referred to as a dissociative. This would be like Jimson weed or PCP, which can produce an entirely alternate reality with imaginary people, etc. Whereas most hallucinogens simply produce illusions of geometric patterns, hyperacuity of the senses, etc. I find the use of such drugs (dissocioatives) foolish, especially without a highly controlled environment before, after, and during, and a "babysitter" in case you try to cook or drive, or handle firearms.
As to the mechanism of action, I found this -

www.bluelight.ru...

"...salvinorin A is a potent kappa opoid receptor agonist. KORs are found on dopaminergic neurons projecting from the ventral tagmental area to GABAergic neurons in the nucleus accumbens. ..."

I find this unlikely, but maybe. In any case, salvia would be something to use less than ten times in a lifetime, it is not entertainment. Overuse of salvia could explain a whole lot of what is wrong with this guy. This information also runs entirely counter to any attempts to politcize his acts or blame them on anyone's political speech. He could well have thought that Bugs Bunny told him to do it that morning while watching TV.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This issue is already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join