It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3.25 gas/gallon now, where is the outrage?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

Well, not really.

My version of what regulation does, it creates monopolistic regulations.

No one but the big boys can buy the regulators to look the other way.

There are reports now that the current administration have gone the way of the red tape brigade on drilling permits. They are not allowing ANYONE now to drill. Not one permit given in 3/4 of a year.

Hmmm, that cannot have anything to do with the costs going up now can it?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

you have the right to be pissed. they don't care about us but there pockets

The big problem in all countries is that we the people complain individually, and when we unite our voices aren't heard because its not loud enough. until the whole nation rebels the powers at be wont listen because no matter how many people complain they still sell there product and we will buy.

can we really complain when we want to charge our battery(cell phone, ipod,ect). we are so lazy and home grown in this country, we dependent on every aspect of the controlled system. just think about it, its like being dependent to meds. if we don't get our fix (the way we go about our every day lives) we go threw withdraw. the human psychology adapts to its given environment. we have no power, we are puppet consumers. until a revolution we the people will never have our way.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

so its safe to say use the windfall tax now, now that we need it

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

WOW, take a LOOKY at this!

You are NOT paying for fuel, you are paying for taxes!

People are still PAYING out of pocket, regardless of the taxes on petrol.

But it's ok, as those high taxes have lead to greater efficiency in the use of oil. When oil is more expensive, people care more about fuel efficiency, house insulation, renewable energy etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aaa2500

Yeah, do not complain about your food price going through the roof than. Or anything else for that matter.

You have made a slight point, but is THAT really the purpose for the tax? Really?

Paying a 500% tax on something is kind of ridiculous don't you think?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm in the rare position to manage a company right across the street from my house. It takes 60 seconds, depending on the light to walk to work.

My car is used for weekend travel and to pick up the essentials. Gas prices for me do not affect me, much.

When I travel to downtown LA, I take the subway with a congested freeways I arrive to my destination much faster!

I feel pretty lucky in that sense..

Cities should invest in better public transportation systems to ease energy costs. I've seen the drastic difference it's made in my own life, imagine the affect it can have on a large scale!

I got in an argument with my girl friend the other day because she feels like I'm not a good environmentalist, I'd say I'm more of a practical environmentalist while she sometimes has a more radical view point at times. Needless to say I pointed out the obvious, I walk to work and I hardly use my car.
Lets just say I won that argument!

A practical view is that consuming gas has all sorts of affects, some good, some bad. One obvious affect is prices, especially with inflation are only due to rise while living standards are falling. People need to adapt, a species we need to think of practical things we can do address this issue.

edit on 15-1-2011 by oconnection because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

Alright, everyone keeps saying that the price does not affect them if they do not drive, blah blah blah.

What about your food prices? What about your remodeling prices? etc etc etc

Also, I guess us people in flyover country just have to suck it up huh?

This is reminding me of the main cause of the civil war. The industrialist states using the food and material production states as the cash cow.

Or a way to move everyone into the metro prisons. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HAMMERAX

Do you know how peak oil works, they at the stock market who deal in oil, price a Barrel of oil 3 months ahead, $120 a barrel to sell at that price in march, for june $135 a barrel, remember prices go up in may (driving season) but, the market demand can being the price down but until that happens it looks like $4.30 a gl. thats my view its $3.35 where i live

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Sadly, I believe humanity has all but given up trying to fight "Big Corporation". The resistance has dwindled, and those who used to have a fighting chance are slowly becoming less capable of fighting back. They'll just continue allowing their money to be swallowed.

That's just the vibe I've been getting.

link   
reply to post by bone13

Peak oil is a fairy tale.

IMO, it is the absolute limit that the entire world can create the production of oil and would not be able to create enough to sustain society.

It is RUBBISH. Heck that story has been around for 5 decades now.

Same story with the peak food possibility. Rubbish.

I do not think you are saying that, just giving my viewpoint on peak oil.

link   

Alright, everyone keeps saying that the price does not affect them if they do not drive, blah blah blah.

I remember paying $5 a gallon at one point, it affects everyone to a certain degree, but I've minimized it to a large degree.

What are you doing, personally to address the concerns, beside complain?

[
What about your food prices? What about your remodeling prices? etc etc etc

I can't speak for society as a whole but what have I done? I've curbed some of the cost by planting my own food, it's healthier and saves me a nice chunk of money.

You see, becoming independent, even in a "metro prison" is the best remedy when possible.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If peak oil is a fact or not, it's besides the point in my opinion. We've seen all the cancers and ills from a modern society. I believe in a better alternative that is healthier in both a humanistic and economic point of view.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

....straw the breaks the camels back just like I believe it was in 2008 when it was over $4 a gallon and everything went belly up, I believe it will happen again but with far worse repercussions this time around.

You can say that again. When the price of gas doubled the price of a hundred lb bag of corn doubled.

The food safety law are going to add major amounts of red tape for farmers in 2012. Obamacare is going to add huge amounts of red tape in 2012 not only to medical but also to every business with the new 1099 tax regs going into effect in 2012 Now you will have to report to the government every vendor you buy $600/yr of product or services from.

The USA is going to be drowning in paperwork and that means ALL prices will skyrocket but productivity will go through the floor.

I Really think the District of Criminal is trying to wipe the USA off the map.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yeah, I was in Fresno during the last redistribution of wealth until 2008.

I had a job of supervising large construction projects. Running around getting things from the shop and warehouse paying about $200/week in gas. That is why I left and went back to flyover country. At least here you can do a little more on the savings components you are speaking of.

I wonder if the new Food Bill is going to shut down your garden. Some are saying it will. Will have to check once they get the regulations up and running. The legislation means nothing until it is codified.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I wonder if the new Food Bill is going to shut down your garden. Some are saying it will. Will have to check once they get the regulations up and running. The legislation means nothing until it is codified.

Well when/if I get raided it may be time to move.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It is the increasing price of capitalism. This is the way it works...profit for a few...breaks for some of the upper classes and the bulk of the burden upon the mid and lower.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Elderlight

Really?

Like the example I gave of the UK.

500% taxation is capitalism? Of course it is.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Really, increases in energy costs can be a good thing. I remember when gas prices were at it's highest in recent times, I saw a surge of innovation for alternative energy.

At the same time I believe alternative energy that is life changing has been bought off or killed off. But I believe eventually we will get their.
edit on 15-1-2011 by oconnection because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Americans are so ungrateful...

I would LOVE to pay 3.25usd a gallon... right now in europe we pay around 6usd a gallon.

Stop whining.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Americans are so ungrateful...

I would LOVE to pay 3.25usd a gallon... right now in europe we pay around 6usd a gallon.

Stop whining.

You are right, it could be a lot worse. =)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join