It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3.25 gas/gallon now, where is the outrage?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
geez, some of u folks are still thinking 2 dimensional.
Convert ur vehicle to run on water H2O.
There are youtube videos showing how
to do this and lots of web sites show
blueprints, plans and diagrams.

fill ur tank up with $50.00 in gas ???

or

fill ur tank up with a nickel's worth of water from ur garden hose ???

but ur friendly international Oil Conglomerate don't
want you to know this.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
As you already know, Oil is a commodity in which gasoline is refined from. The outrage hasn't yet manifested due to the fact that we have already seen $3./gallon gasoline here in the US. Outrage will not occur until it surpasses the previous high for gasoline here in the USA, which was over $4./gallon in July of 2008.

gasbuddy.com...

Historically, due to the need to heat our homes during the winter, OIL and Natural Gas ALWAYS go up in price and never down during the winter heating season.

The big banks know this and buy OIL Futures Contracts for investment which also drive up the price of OIL.

With the Chinese now competing for the OIL on the markets as well for all of the cars that they're buying. It too drives up the prices of available OIL on the markets.

Are we going to see $2.00/gallon gasoline anytime soon ?

Highly Unlikely.

Take a hint from those who deal with $6./gallon gasoline such as the Europeans by driving a smaller fuel efficient vehicle. Or find another means of transportation such as an electric powered vehicle.

Unfortunately, The price of gasoline, as with everything else, due to a weaker dollar as well as demand for resources is destined to go only upwards in the future.

The POTUS has little to do with it. Prices due to inflation are going up around the world as well.

edit on 15-1-2011 by nh_ee because: Typos !

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Conventional crude production peaked in 2005 ... as was finally admitted 5 years later.

The only reason production numbers have been flat for the last 5 years is because unconventional sources of oil are being added to the numbers. Cheap conventional crude is in significant decline globally. It is being offset by energy-expensive unconventional sources.

Never mind paying 3 bucks to move 1500 pounds of steel 20 miles down the road. Start thinking about how you're going to do that without oil.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

We've been under the proverbial thumb of the Rockefeller's Standard Oil Dynasty for the last Century.

They actually funded/invested in General Motors to quell the American trolly car industry making us more dependent on gasoline.

It's about time for something new. Perhaps this Hydrogen Gas from Water is it.

I do know that there is a company called HH2 that was at SEMA this year who market a bolt on Hydro kit claiming gains of 30%+.

Here's their vid of 28 mpg @ 70 mph in a V8 Toyota Sequoia (normally around 15 mpg).

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
Best way to express your outrage is to WALK, or cycle. We need everyone to though. If they wanna screw with us, let's screw with them by taking away their business.

Too bad it'll never happen.

Lazy no good...

*drives away in disappointment*

Not everyone can walk or bike to their job. I have to wake up at 3:30am to make sure I can get there by 5am by driving. It would be completely ridiculous for me to walk or bike that distance in freezing temperatures. Even our public transit system here is really slow. Are you going to start walking or biking?

link   

Best way to express your outrage is to WALK, or cycle. We need everyone to though. If they wanna screw with us, let's screw with them by taking away their business.

Lazy no good...

*walks away in disappointment*

If gasoline continues to climb up in the $4.00 to $6.00 a gallon you will see a nightmare happen..No one will be able to drive very far.
It will get serious just at $3.50 a gallon will be bad.

link   

Lazy no good...

*walks away in disappointment*

Don't forget the Nissan Leaf !!! It works! All they need is a better battery.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hydrogen driven vehicles don't work everywhere. First you need permits and you can't drive when temperature goes under 0 Celsius. Biking is not an option if there is long distances. We don't have many choices here, we have to use gas. Only option would be electric cars but they have problems too. Basically high gas price leads to financial losses. When there was war in Iraq, many transport companies had to quit, because fuel was way too expensive.

This high gas price leads to overcrowded urban areas and food price goes up, since less people farm. Electricity price goes up, since some power plants use heavy oil, even more in cold season like this year.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you live far from your job or plan a long road trip and your not making great money you will never be able to afford gasoline over $4.00 a gallon or higher.Doubt if you could afford it over $3.50 a gallon.The road trip would cost you hundreds and hundreds of dollars on gasoline.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

And I think they can get rid of the .9 crap. if it's 3 bucks, don't advertise 2.99.9. It had it pupose back in the days when gas was 50 cents a gallon, and stations would have 'gas wars' for lowest price, but these days?

I've often thought about the .9, how its a scam and wondered how much $$ it generates, and even made a thread here a while back. When you pump gas notice how you can be on an even $ amount but can still squeeze a few more hundredths of a gallon before it goes up another cent. So if you stop as soon as it hits an amount say $20.00 you could be leaving a few hundredths before it would go to 20.01. Even if you do pump to the next penny there could again be a few more hundredths of a gal before the next cent and it never ends. 1 transaction is pretty insignificant just a penny worth of gas or whatever, but just think about how many transactions there are daily and it adds up fast.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

How about you cease complaining that fossil fuels are raising in prices, you could use your brain for once and create an alternate energy source. The Japaness have created a hydrogen powered car, in their country they have started replacing all vehicles with the new hydrogen powered ones.

Why? Because items more effient, safer for the envoirment and of course it is the future of the human race to adapt, in the beginnings of a type one civilization alternate fuel sources will come into effect, why should we live off of dead plants and coals? Only a mentally handicap neaderthal would choose to stick to the old ways.

So stop paying for gas, and hydro find and create your own alternate fuel and.power sources, you don't need to be a genius to know how, everyone has the potenional and it's about time the general populas realizes that.

We all have the same potenional.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
HAHA your complaining about $3.25 a gallon.
Here in the UK we'r paying $9.55 a gallon.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

In Australia we are paying $ 6.30/gallon.

.... so the smart money buys a car that does 45 m.p.g .

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There is no outrage as the news has been telling us for the past 2 months this will happen, be happy it is just $3.25 right know, by the end of this year it will be $5.00 it has been told to us..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Okay everyone, I was not specifically attacking Obama. I was doing a comparison of now and then. Does anyone not see the point I was trying to make?

Also, I will say this again to everyone around the world, does anyone know what your country's taxes are?

In the US, our taxes for petrol at the pump are-

$.321 per gallon for the state + 5% sales- for the state
$.184 per gallon for the federal

I think if everyone found out the rate for your taxes on gasoline, you would find why you are paying so much.

There is no shortage of oil, there never has been. So no one go down that road.

Also, how can someone use a little car or electric vehicle if they do things like handywork? Quit going to buy a small car thingy. Not everyone can do that. Also, who wants to be in a deathtrap.

Hey, thanks for everyone commenting, did not think this thread would go very far.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Correct, we have no shortage of oil/gas.

What we do have a problem with... Oil companies will not pull oil from the ground unless they make a profit. When gas prices rise, the companies pull the stuff from the ground, if they can make money on it. If not, it sits there untill they think it's profitable enough to pull more from that hole. There are thousands upon thousands of these wells. They're capped untill they can make a buck off them. There is no shortage.

On another note. I see gas prices are high, sometimes crazy around the world, compared to us, but I'm curious to know that an average decent paying job pays in these places. Is the cost of living comparable to the US? Salaries similar?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If 1 liter costs 1.50 €, taxes in it cost total 0,897 €/L. So most of cost (59,8%) comes from taxes.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

WOW, take a LOOKY at this!

www.petrolprices.com...

Hey you folks over in the UK, I do not want any of you saying that you pay more for your gasoline than we do over in the states. Why you might ask?

You let your government tax you at-

This took tax up to an incredible 81.5% of the total price of fuel.

You are NOT paying for fuel, you are paying for taxes!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Deregulation allows companys to regulate themselves. When the oil company writes the regulation legislation and manages the Mineral Managment Service it's self-managment. Self managment is regulation yourself.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138

How about you cease complaining that fossil fuels are raising in prices, you could use your brain for once and create an alternate energy source. The Japaness have created a hydrogen powered car, in their country they have started replacing all vehicles with the new hydrogen powered ones.

Why? Because items more effient, safer for the envoirment and of course it is the future of the human race to adapt, in the beginnings of a type one civilization alternate fuel sources will come into effect, why should we live off of dead plants and coals? Only a mentally handicap neaderthal would choose to stick to the old ways.

So stop paying for gas, and hydro find and create your own alternate fuel and.power sources, you don't need to be a genius to know how, everyone has the potenional and it's about time the general populas realizes that.

We all have the same potenional.

"Fossil Fuel" is a misnomer, at best.

I do appreciate the intent of your post, but I don't appreciate:

mentally handicap neaderthal
use your brain for once

(second line)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join