It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3.25 gas/gallon now, where is the outrage?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Okay, everyone bringing up the price in their countries, thanks for the comparisons, but you have to compare it to your own prices.

A lot of your countries have VAT besides the normal petrol taxes.

By the way, how do you folks like paying a tax on a tax? That is one of those that really angers me when I buy my cigarettes.

On a pack of cigarettes we are paying like $5/pack and they go for about $7. When you buy them, you pay a sales tax of 5% here. That means I am paying a sales tax on a tax.

OH the humanity!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well it isn't gonna get better.........I don't expect a response from the WH either, they are too busy planning the next election and how to screw us out of some more rights, all while making it the evil rights fault.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What do you mean, outrage? In Israel it;s $10,00 a gallon. In my area it's $3.50. Most of the world pays a lot more for gasoline than in the US.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Is that a tin foil hat on your dog???
That's great!!! I love it

link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
You are paying 86 cents a litre

In Canada, we are paying about 1.10 a litre, or 4.17 a gallon

The sadder part is it is Canada's oil

Oh man! That's beyond sad. It's Outrageous! Where is all the production cost? To pump it up out of the ground using 1850's technology???!!! They're charging us How Much!!!!
These Rockafeller types, TPTB, Globalists or what ever label you to stick on their @$$, need to GO! When are the people going to say," Enough is Enough!"
SnF

link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Well there will be no outrage until the movie that programmed us for 8 to 10 dollars a tank, I Am Legend Starring Will Smith, comes true. Then we will shoot the zombies. lol 3.25 is nothing we got Obamacare, so lets get sick everyday and take advantage of the savings, this way we piss the man off.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's time to bring the troops home I think

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Yeah but Canadians gt free health care, all the vaccines they need. LMAO!!!!!!!! you are all idiots.................. ok ok me too me too but still lol

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Actually, Isreal is going to be sitting pretty by next year. They just found a deposit of petrol off their coast that is HUGE!

Isn't it weird. Every time you think we are beginning to run out of energy sources A HUGE find is made.

By the way, how big do you think that one is that was involved in the Gulf Oil spill.

Have not heard much about THAT lately.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Canada doesn't have free healthcare

Ya if you are wounded or severly sick you will receive medical attention, we aren't mongrels

However, goodluck getting any prescriptions, dental work, or any kind of health problem

without a job with benefits

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
One of the President's campaign promises was that "energy prices would necessarily skyrocket".

Promise kept!

Exactly!
For those people that voted for Obama, How's it working for you now?
Had to give you a star

edit on 14-1-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

From what I have heard from some of the oil field workers in Texas, this article could be right on target; it is predicting about $4 per gallon by May of this year., similiar to what happened in 2008:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The thing about 2008, the country was not in a depression yet. The depression was just starting. Most people hadn't lost their jobs or homes yet and still had money. Now, people have been out of work for a couple of years in some cases, food prices are going sky high also because of the coming food shortages and now gas is going up.

This year is not going to be pretty at all. I believe the outrage will come sometime this summer....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

About 200 million gallons of oil, to bad fish don't run on petrol

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
When the cost of getting to and from work is greater than the wage earned, then calamity comes...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

By the way, how do you folks like paying a tax on a tax? That is one of those that really angers me when I buy my cigarettes.

On a pack of cigarettes we are paying like $5/pack and they go for about $7. When you buy them, you pay a sales tax of 5% here. That means I am paying a sales tax on a tax.

Same here in Australia though petrol and fags cost a lot more than in the US..

BTW, it's not a tax on a tax..
It's a tax on a tax on a tax...
You missed one biggy..They tax our salary first....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

This year is not going to be pretty at all. I believe the outrage will come sometime this summer....

Agreed, when everyone has nothing left to lose...

My problem with that is, it seems to be planned..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Over 8 bucks a gallon here in Germany. The sheeple still drive and they just take it. We are so taxed over here it´s sick as hell.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

Well, that was what was spilled. I am talking about how big the reservoir is that they tapped into.

I do not ever remember the size being mentioned during it or after.

Something to think about.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

Here in the US, I'm self-employed. That means I get to pay a self-employment tax (another 13%) So 45% of my income goes to the gov. And everything I buy is taxed, so I figure the gov makes more off me than I do.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by StlSteve

Well, that was what was spilled. I am talking about how big the reservoir is that they tapped into.

I do not ever remember the size being mentioned during it or after.

Something to think about.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a possible answer for you:

"And Rob Kall claims that a source inside BP tells him:

Size of reservoir - estimated by BP and its partner, Andarko to be between 2.5B and 10B bbl. (that's 100,000,000,000 gallons and 400,000,000,000 gallons).
Yes - all of those numbers are BILLIONS.
Given that BP's nearby Tiber and Kaskida wells each contain at least 3 billion barrels of oil (see this, this, this and this), estimates of more than a billion barrels for the leaking Macondo reservoir are not unreasonable."
Source: www.georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join