It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3.25 gas/gallon now, where is the outrage?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Where is the outrage?
Your kidding right?
You can't get 2 Americans to stand together for NOTHING..Sure they will whine about it under there breath but that is about it..No one in this country has a back bone anymore..We allow the government to walk o all over us and no one does a damn thing about it..
I remember back in the late 60s and early 70s..Truck drivers all stuck together for there cause,now you can't get 2 to stand together for nothing..The whine on the CB radios about diesel fuel prices but don't have the back bone to STOP there trucks..thats all it would take is to just STOP..It would shut this country down so fast and it would get there attention..just like our rights being taken away,I read on here all the crying and whining but no one has the back bone to really get off there ass and do anything about it..Sure they post lively comments to rile the crowd and sit back and hope someone does the part where you actually have to get up off the couch and DO SOMETHING..But no one does..Its all for nothing..No one is going to do a damn thing..PERIOD..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Think your self lucky you dont live in the UK!
Petrols £1.30 a Litre
Deisel is £ 1.37
What a Rip Off

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
All I have to say to people who drive is:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Oh, did I mention?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

One day, when all the oil drys up, and there is no more gas for cars, and people start starving to death because they can't possibly walk more than 20 feet. I will laugh again.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by shauneastmond

Your right Tesla ROCKED..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Where is the outrage from the Media and Politicians? Well that's easy.. like usual, the media fails us. It is the Politicians that create these problems, then we rely on them to fix the very problems they create. Make sense to you?

It's worrisome that people out there really believe that Deregulation will make a gallon of gas cheaper. The following ideas are based off of my own experiences.... So from these, I don't know how anyone else can come to that conclusion and I then realize that people are just misinformed... As a trader myself, Deregulation is a dream b/c it allows us to rip off the American Public by increasing the cost of oil and gas. do you know why Oil went up to $150 a barrel a couple years ago? It wasn't b/c of Regulation from government, or OPEC reducing oil and supply, it was b/c massive Hedge Funds were manipulating the price and the price per oil of barrel sky rocketed. I was right in the thick of it and saw it with my own eyes. It was the constant supply and demand b/w traders jacking up the price. Why also do you think the California Energy crisis around 2000 to 2002 sky rocketed energy prices? It was b/c of Energy Traders, mostly at Enron jacking up the price b/c guess why? DeRegulation. Deregulation allows greed to run rampant and I'm tired of hearing to allow more deregulation b/c its NOT going to work. Everytime they reduce regulation, more greed and corruption occurrs b/c individually we can't control our greed and will take advantage of the system. Granted there are people out there who will be ethical and not take advantage of it, but most will and cause the little guy, like usual to get screwed..

We will probably never see a gallon of gas go below $3.00 a gallon. Japan and parts of Europe pay overr $5, $6 or even more per gallon and the USA still has some of the cheapest gas on the planet. So we should be grateful.. Drilling of course is NOT the answer. The population explosion we face on a daily basis does not allow for the oil supply to meet demand. 15 years ago we had 5 billion people on the planet, now we have 7 billion. that's an addition of 2 billion people of which, 80% (in my opinion) rely on energy in the form of fossil fuels. Drill all you want, it will NEVER meet demand! On top of this, why can't we learn from the BP Oil spill? How many screw ups do we need to realize we need new forms of energy. the whole process of finding new oil wells and then drilling them just NO longer makes any sense as its a logistical nightmare drilling these wells.. And of course, add global warming into the mix and its time we change to new energies. This will be the best option. even for those who don't believe in GW, it still makes sense to use different forms of energy. (which I will never understand how people can be that irrational not believing in GW and how we are messing up this planet. I feel like I'm the only republican who cares about our planet.. Planet comes first before country - everyone should remember that.. But that's a different topic..) Fossil Fuels are so harmful in so many ways. And the process going into producing these forms of energies is unreal when you go to the simplicity of Solar or Wind Power.. It just makes sense all around..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Submitted as a Public Service in the spirit of: "It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."

gasbuddy.com...

ETA: There are 4 stations within 2 miles of my house under $3.00/gal.
edit on 19-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I ride a bike!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I bought a mountain bike recently for this reason. I use it whenever I can for errands close to home, and only use my car when I really have to.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
just to let you know
we pay about 9 $ per gallon here in europe

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The Governments are hurting for money and free markets are about profits broken down into quarterlies. Unfortunately this entire planet is solely dependent on oil. We have had access for free energy from Nikola Tesla but because the power companies couldn't profit off free energy so it was scrapped. Thing are the way the are because governments and oil companies want it that way because the the mass majority of people are not demanding it let alone even aware that such technology even exists. I live in Canada and there are 5 major refineries just outside the city where I live, where most of the fuel gets shipped down south to the United States of America. Also our local gas stations get fuel from these refineries just outside my city. We still pay more than Americans would at the pumps. I have heard some reasoning from ceo's in oil companies say that a lot of it is from the cost of transport. Well clearly it would be cheaper for me or anyone who lives around refineries. But it is not.
This is and always have been a big scam to keep the public under their control and influence. And it will keep rising at the pump until people cannot afford to drive their poorly constructed inefficient vehicles around anymore. Or they will keep it where we can barely afford it as a necessity just to get to work and work our 8 to 16 hours days. And a lot of people still can barely even to afford to pay their mortgages or rents. Unfortunately as well people are to busy working how ever many jobs just to make ends meet cant afford taking a day or two or three off with out missing some payments on something. So the oil companies and governments have us right where they want us completely dependent on a technology that can be profited of off . While only a a small percentage live in extreme wealth off the poor and weak freedom slaves. So I would say yes probably $4 something a gallon by this time next year

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

What is OBAMA going to do about it? Is he going to allow any drilling anytime soon?

Is there a difference now than just 3 years ago?

He is allowing drilling.

And the difference is 3 years ago it was a dollar more. $4.12

I am confused why people think that US suppliers would be any more lenient on the US Consumer than OPEC?

Out of patriotism? The goodness of thier hearts? Are you kidding me? I'll go a step further..the US Oil suppliers would sell to China at higher margin in a heartbeat and China will pay it.

The only difference with increasing the supply from US Drillers would be that US Oil Magnates would get rich (On taxpayer land btw) rather than a Saudi Princes...

We need short term increased fuel efficiency and a long term alternative to oil.

For efs sake we invented the Automobile while the rest of the world was still on horseback...we can do it again.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The gas went up over .40cents a gallon since before Christmas, BUT it can only go down .02cents when people start gripping about. We already have ships in Yemen, we have glass cutters, nuke the sh*t out of them. Food prices have already been sky rocketing out of sight. The A-Rabs don't have to worry about food because we are giving it to them.

I am IRATE over this crap. I think I will run for a legislation seat this next time around, I want some oil money!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We are so hypocritical sometimes.
We yell 'Gas prices are too high!!!" but when a country wants to drill off or on shore for oil, we scream about the environment. Which is it? Do we want more oil and cheaper prices, or do we want a cleaner environment? It's difficult to pick one over the other, because having both would be much nicer. Whether we empty our wallets at the pump or whether we scream about contaminated oceans and land,.. we just can't win.

No, I don't like to see the prices skyrocket for us. I paid $3.25 per gallon this morning, and it sucked. It's bad, but it's still not as bad as it was when I went to Europe last year and paid $4.00 - $5.00 a gallon while traveling cross country. Employers are paying employees less, and prices for things are going up. The standard of living in this country is dropping like a brick. Some days I wake up and I think to myself "How the hell did we survive the last two years??? It's a miracle!" I've learned to be satisfied with less, and happy about the things I'm still able to enjoy. Is it time for me to think about saving up for the Chevy Volt instead of that muscle car I had my mind set on? Maybe. Maybe we should all think about saving up for a hybrid vehicle to offset some cost,..... although if you have to charge the car every night, you still have to pay the electric bill. I wonder what the cost difference is. Anyone know?

Am I outraged? Yeah. Unfortunately I feel there's not much I can do about it except stop using gas. Am I able to stop using gas? Not if I want to continue to work where I work. For now I'll just have to prepare myself financially for the upcoming price hikes. I guess I'll be eating one or two steaks less every month.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rocket88

And you all sit there and take it up the A$$ like we do.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
outrage is there but there is nothing we can really do about the situation....if the price of a barrel of oil goes up then we pay more....it is as simple as that....maybe this will fuel the fire of alternative energy sources.....hopefully soon because I am tired of paying an electricity billl....where is free energy.....energy should be just like air and water: FREE. I can't wait for that day...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
As soon as more electric cars are introduced to the grid, electricity is going to skyrocket!

I got this in an email today,I think my gas and money problems are solved.....WOOOOHOOOO:

SCOTLAND PETROLEUM COMPANY LIMITED. LONDON OFFICE, 12 BISHOP SQUARE ET2 BH1 ENGLAND... DEAR SIR/MADAM, I AM MR. TERRY URBAN, WORKING WITH HEAD AUDIT AND CONTRACT PAYMENT OF THE ABOVE COMPANY OFFICE LONDON WITH DUE RESPECT AND REGARD, I HAVE DECIDED TO CONTACT YOU ON A BUSINESS TRANSACTION THAT WILL BENEFIT US... DURING THE COURSE OF AUDITING LAST THREE MONTHS, I DISCOVERED AN OVER-INVOICED FLOATING FUNDS $18.3M (USD) BEING PART OF OPERATIONAL COST FOR LAST THREE MONTHS CRUDE OIL SUPPLY BUT WAS NOT USED BY THE PREVIOUS BOARD. THE NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE SCOTLAND NATIONAL PETROLEUM COMPANY HAS GIVEN MY OFFICE THE GO AHEAD FOR COMPILATION OF ALL DEBTS WE OWE ALL CONTRACTORS THAT SUPPLY AND SERVICE OIL INSTALLATIONS NATIONWIDE, SO I WANT TO PRESENT YOU AS A CONTRACTOR THAT HAS DONE SERVICE FOR THE CORPORATION NOW SEEKING PAYMENT... N.B:- INDICATE YOUR INTEREST… BEST REGARDS, MR. TERRY URBAN.

His email is: TERRY URBAN What is he doing in Hong Kong?

When I get my money I will take ATS users out for a drink.

scam scam scam scam scam I smell a scam!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Folks I have to add to this, if someone else touched on it and I missed it, YOU ROCK.

Does anyone realize where the US gets the most of it's electricity from?

Coal fired power plants. So people using ELECTRIC cars actually cause MORE POLLUTION and problems than those using gas powered cars.

SUCK on that for a moment and realize you are being LIED TO.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Us common people get blamed for not saying anything to congress and the senators. We speak out, but the enviromentalists are pushing for going "GREEN". They have our US senate believing that the world is flat.
The only green we are going to see is the green pastures that we are laid to rest in.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Oh come ON!

You widdle my OP down to something that could be construed as attacking OBAMA only.

How bout you use some actual intellectual honesty for once in your bloviations. I was using comparitive analysis, but you attempt to use it as an attempt to attack your vision of OBAMA.

OBAMA is a puppet of the very corporations that you railed against while Bush was president.

By the way, who are the corporations and the unions that OBAMA bailed out? Hmmm, same ones that BUSH was in bed with. BUH BYE.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rocket88

Yeah and that $9 dollars per gallon is 81% taxes.

Hmmm, that is a 526% tax.

YOU were saying?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join