It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3.25 gas/gallon now, where is the outrage?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You think $3.25 a GALLON is something to cry about - we nearly pay that per LITRE! (1 litre is 1/4.545th of a gallon). It is $9.60 per gallon!

They think at this rate, it will be $15 per gallon by the end of the year.

Try living in the UK if you think you got it bad. Fuel economy means nothing when gas prices are astronomical.
edit on 15-1-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I see all these posts about how we should go to Europe and see how much there gas prices are, but it's not a fair comparison when the commute time for Americans is a lot longer than those from other nations. American's spend more time behind the wheel than citizens from any other nations, when you tally it all up we are paying about as much as yall do for gasoline, things are spread out over here. The size of most European nations is the about the size of an average state in the US.

I paid $3.13 for a gallon today in North Alabama.
edit on 1/15/2011 by Uniceft17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
We pay U$ 17,80/gal here for a thing they sell as being gasoline. Seriously, people who import a car from the USA, like a mustang, have to tune it before, or it won't run with our gas. People here are sick and tired of being ROBBED by the government, yet we do nothing. I really, really LOVE my country, but we must be the most apathetic people in the whole world.

Greetings from Brazil.
edit on 15/1/2011 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

Hey, at least you guys will continue to pay the same price five years from now when the rest of the world is paying 20$ a gallon, because that "thing your country sells as being gasoline" is produced right there in Brazil, ethanol. It's a small price to pay for energy independence.

-rrr

Sadly, that's not true. Prices here rise constantly, and for sure we'll be paying over $ 19,00 by the end of this year. as for being "independent", the oil extracted here isn't the most adequate for our refineries, so we export the thick oil and import the thin oil we need. Things are much more complicated than it appears to be.
No, ethanol isn't sold here as gasoline, we have both fuel to choose at the pump. what i meant is that our gasoline is so low in octanes it doesn't even appear to be gasoline anymore.

edit on 15/1/2011 by Raven_Heart because: forgot to add

edit on 15/1/2011 by Raven_Heart because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hey, everyone bringing up prices compared to other countries listen up.

I ALREADY showed that it is YOUR country's tax policy, not the price for the product.

The thread mainly was about the disconnect from 3 years ago to today. The coverage on the MSM and the politicians.

Can anyone remember 3 years ago? They were saying that Bush was doing it on purpose.

Funny how that is different today. Hmmmmm, why is that?

Hey SG, this was mainly for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Hey, everyone bringing up prices compared to other countries listen up.

I ALREADY showed that it is YOUR country's tax policy, not the price for the product.

Yes, I understood that, but thought it would be interesting to bring it up anyway. Sorry if it is a little out of the thread's main purpose.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

The U.S. Allocates millions of acres designated for oil firms to drill on. They buy the leases but don't drill on the land and rely on offshore drilling and importing to make a profit. It is a cleverly organized scam. If you want I can link a lot of articles connecting the dots of the oil industry.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You are whinging because you are currently paying less than any other country?

Never mind 'cause Benake has the answer, just print more money.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hey, everyone re read the OP please. I was not specifically complaining about the price.

I was pointing out the difference of the outrage from 3 years ago in the MSM, the politicians and the people compared to now.

Anyway, CARRY ON!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by robinmorningstar
When the cost of getting to and from work is greater than the wage earned, then calamity comes...

I am already there.................

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Well, in europe the price including taxes is paid now, whereas in the US, half the price including taxes is paid now and the rest is paid by borrowing money from china.

What do you think that the price of oil would be in the US, if the US didn't have troops in Saudi Arabia and Iraq?

The price you see at the pump is never the real price.
edit on 15-1-2011 by aaa2500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Hey, everyone re read the OP please. I was not specifically complaining about the price.

I was pointing out the difference of the outrage from 3 years ago in the MSM, the politicians and the people compared to now.

TRANSLATION:

I was once again blaming President Obama for things that aren't his fault.

Please continue to post only if you agree with me.
edit on 16-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

His/her family will have to suffer, and soon enough the politic boy will take care of it.
I hope, if not, we allways got horses!
edit on 15-1-2011 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It's very simple, it's called price conditioning.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Should I dig up the HATE BUSH threads regarding the gas prices there kk? Hmmm?

Would I find you on EVERYONE of them squealing?

I bet I would. Just for fun, let me see

First word search fuel

2nd word search prices

3rd word search Bush

Let us take a LOOKY SHALL WE?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Challenge accepted.

If you can find a single example where I did so, I will refrain from future replies to this thread.

Dealio?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There are 3 explanations for this:

1. Gas is worth $3.25/gallon to the majority of Americans. AKA consumer surplus is still pretty large.

2. Supply of gas is down. AKA we're screwed.

3. It's not a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Alright, I have been through 10 threads so far tying Bush into the price of oil going up. At least it was put forth in the threads. But you are not in one yet. I will check the next 10.

You know the search function here is worthless. Google works a lot better though.

Here is one of them I have gone through so far-www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Inasmuch as I accepted your challenge, I would only ask you retract your accusation should your search yield no replies. Seem fair?

Agreed. Search function is weak. The same query keywords often show different results.
edit on 16-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm sorry what is your problem exactly?

You are burning a fossil fuel which is getting more costly to extract, so the price goes up at the pump. This is pretty simple and as time goes by the prices will simply continue to rise until driving is no longer economical and we switch over to electric and/or hydrogen vehicles.

And the idea of asking the president to fix such a complex issue is simply ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Apology given. You specifically did not accuse Bush of causing the fuel prices to rise, but boy oh boy there were about 40 threads on it.

But one thing I found HIGHLY peculiar.

You referenced me twice on different threads complaining about my threads. One in particular is the New York Union debacle with the blizzard. By the way, now that there are criminal investigations going on currently, did you ever go back to that thread and admit I was right?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join