It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$3.25 gas/gallon now, where is the outrage?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Theres a couple things that should be taken into account with higher fuels.
first when it comes to hybrids when purchasing that car are you really saving any money? Lets say the car cost 20 grand now it gets 40 miles to the gallon a 50% increase in fuel economy over the standard. you drive approx 10 thousand miles a year.
car A you already own 20 miles per gallon at 3.00 a gallon your yearly expenses is 1500
car b you purchase for 20 thousand it gets 40 miles to the gallon your yearly expenses is 750
for car be to be worth the cost youd have to own it 25 years to break even with the cost of the vehicle this isnt cost efficent and your being tricked buy auto manufacters. Heres some tricks to saving fuel economy first sell your current car for a used fuel efficent vehicle at about the same price you sell your car for. The honda crx hf gets 41 mpg city these go for about 1500 cost of maintance is little to none these cars run cheap. theres many other cars like this for cheap geo metro, tercel etc...
Is your car carburated? switch the carb for a e85 approved version this will drop the cost of fuel about 20-50 cent depending on your area. Tune your car up switching to products like Royal purple have shown to increase mileage and reduce wear on your car, increase horsepower. ive seen up to 4 miles per gallon by switching all fluids to royal purple.
Make sure tires are properly inflated once a week improper tire inflation reduces fuel mileage. Make sure your suspension is in good shape and the cars tires are properly aligned and balanced.
switching a carburated engine to fuel injection improves fuel economy.
Take your car to the local race tuner get it tuned on a dyno for maximum fuel economy .

The cost of fuel wont go down its been going up for decades just like the cost of living. Also if possible and cost effective move closer to your location of work. The alaska pipeline should be running at 100% but its not generally around 60%.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

THAT is because we do not pay the HIGHEST TAX RATES.

It looks like we pay the highest for the product though. Our cost for the product right now is about $2.50/gal.

Just because you other countries love to pay 526% tax rates, does not mean we should.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

The World's Lowest Gas Prices: 1. Caracas, Venezuela — 6 cents/gallon 2. Tehran, Iran — 32 cents/gallon 3. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia — 45 cents/gallon 4. Kuwait, City, Kuwait — 85 cents/gallon 5. Cairo, Egypt — $1.17/gallon

Yahoo Finance Article

A few months out of date but still more or less accurate. We don't pay nearly the cheapest in the world, check your facts next time.
edit on 1/15/11 by Hypntick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

My one nephew that got back from Iraq said the price there was $.25/gal. Now get this, they have no refineries there. They have to ship the oil out and then ship back the gas.

Hmmmm, can you say manipulation. Thanks for the info.
edit on 15-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
outrage has been reduced to "Star & Flag" these days

it has been century since fat a's's' american drag their butt out of the house to protest

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

What is the normal demand and what is your evidence of your claim?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

If you could just take one week of Obama in office and compare it to the entire 2-terms of Bush. Honestly, who is worse right now?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
America's army is supported by enemy oil, middle eastern oil

America's society is supported by Canadian oil

Politics in Canada, mostly American influenced, have resulted in Canada's refineries closing

So our oil goes to America, gets refined to gas, then they are able to add a surcharge and we buy it back

IMO Canada should be paying the same as other oil rich nations

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The cost of gas there is so cheap because black market fuel(ask him about the gas stations that were on the side of the road and filled up vehicles with gas cans. plus they manufacture and refine it right there which btw is not the same as our fuel is very low quality. fuel from there has to be transferred by land to ship by ship across the ocean. taxed by the goverment of iraq, taxed by the ship. subject to hazmat/ quality control. once it hits our shores it again is subject to more testing quality control. then refined from there even more testing taxing/hazmat/ quality control etc... once it hits the gas station once more its subject to taxation and the gas stations themselves have to make a profit. Don't over simplify the cost of fuel. Cutting corners turns into the exxon valdez oilspill/ storage tanks rupturing/ gas stations blowing up.
Also we all know OPEC is the largest source of rising gas prices this is because they set a certain cost per barrel this is incase oil production drops in participating countries. Now just because all the countries run above efficiency doesn't mean they drop the cost to us this is because large fluctuations would reak havoc on other countries economy. Imagine the usa tommrow gas prices drop to .20 cents a gallon because these countries run at there maximum fuel production then the next day fuel prices run to 20 dollars a gallon because a freak tidal wave sunk all the oil tankers coming to the US. Imagine the havoc it could cause.

besides who else is going to pay for one of the biggest members in OPEC's nuclear program.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

If i recall correctly barrel of oil was about 150$ in 2008 and gas was about 1.50-1.55 euros per litre(in Finland). Few weeks ago, in late 2010, barrel of oil was circa 90$ and gas was ALREADY UP TO 1.50 euros per litre?!
I follow Alex Jones regularly and one of his quests was saying that the price of oil would go up to 150-200$ by the end of the year 2011.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The US dollar has been declining steadily since 2008. Before the floods in Qld, the Aussie dollar was worth $1.03 US. In 2008, during the height of the GFC, it was worth US 50c. Oil demand hasn't really changed over the past last couple of years, but since the US dollar has decreased in value, oil prices have increased (being sold in US dollars). Imaging what QE2 when it really gets going.

The annoying this is crude has rarely been cheaper from an Australian perspective. Shame the oil companies are still charging $1.25 Aus per litre. Profiteering, pure and simple.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm not wishing to be shot down in flames for this and I ask gunuinely ask is there any irrefutable exidence that oil reserves are running low and therefore the product becomes more expensive due to less of the resource? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Here's the outrage - STOP COMPLAINING - IN THE 2 COUNTRIES I HAVE LIVED FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS IT'S COST TRIPLE THAT.

With everything going on in the world and you think there should be outrage in the US over fuel costs - sheesh, buy an electric car (you'll also find they are about half the cost in the US compared to the rest of the world).

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Remember in 2008 when the price of oil was at an all time high? Even the sniff of a storm in the Gulf of Mexico or other oil extraction region would send the price of oil higher and higher, with no top in sight. Last year with the BP disaster 15 000 000 litres of oil (3.9million gallons) a day was being lost. What did the price of oil do? Hardly any rise at all, certainly nothing in comparison to what would of happend in 2008.

So one wonders why didn't the oil price sky rocket?? What has changed?? The american dollar lost it's place at the top of the tree, but other currencies rose comparatively. In those countries where it did rise, we are seeing petrol prices at similar prices to the 2008 highs, while the price of oil is half what it was in 2008.

The following link shows a graph of historical oil prices from 1861 to 2009, in relation to the value of the $US. Look at what happens to the 2 lines on the right hand side of the graph...they merge. This is because of the before mentioned decline in the $US.

chartsbin.com...

From what I see with Quantative Easing 1 and 2, and the printing of so much money I can only see petrol going much higher, because the $US is buying less than it previously has.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Why this is such a large concern in the United States with the raising gas prices is the rate of travel that used in our daily lifes, with such things as going to work for example.
My father travels roughly 100-200miles daily in a one way trip to work depending on what site they are at. I know a lot of people in my area they travel many miles to go to school, work, and shopping. My grandparents live 45 minutes from the next grocery store. I don't live in an area that is very rural. When I was still in school, I remember school buses traveling 10-15 miles to pick up students.
Don't get me wrong, the prices raising across the globe no doubt inpact each individual, but what I find many people concerned with in the US regarding gas prices is the struggles they face in trying to live. In smaller countries I don't see many people traveling as far for common accommodations, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
We pay U$ 17,80/gal here for a thing they sell as being gasoline. Seriously, people who import a car from the USA, like a mustang, have to tune it before, or it won't run with our gas. People here are sick and tired of being ROBBED by the government, yet we do nothing. I really, really LOVE my country, but we must be the most apathetic people in the whole world.

Greetings from Brazil.
edit on 15/1/2011 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
What is OBAMA going to do about it? Is he going to allow any drilling anytime soon?

You think simply drilling more is going to solve the fuel crises and influences of the oil cartel? Really? This is exactly what they want people like you to think. Simply let them drill more and continue on controlling.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by ADUB77
You are paying 86 cents a litre

In Canada, we are paying about 1.10 a litre, or 4.17 a gallon

The sadder part is it is Canada's oil

Oh man! That's beyond sad. It's Outrageous! Where is all the production cost? To pump it up out of the ground using 1850's technology???!!! They're charging us How Much!!!!
These Rockafeller types, TPTB, Globalists or what ever label you to stick on their @$$, need to GO! When are the people going to say," Enough is Enough!"
SnF

Hey, if you have a better way to pump it, pump your own

-rrr

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
We pay U$ 17,80/gal here for a thing they sell as being gasoline. Seriously, people who import a car from the USA, like a mustang, have to tune it before, or it won't run with our gas. People here are sick and tired of being ROBBED by the government, yet we do nothing. I really, really LOVE my country, but we must be the most apathetic people in the whole world.

Greetings from Brazil.

Hey, at least you guys will continue to pay the same price five years from now when the rest of the world is paying 20$ a gallon, because that "thing your country sells as being gasoline" is produced right there in Brazil, ethanol. It's a small price to pay for energy independence.

-rrr

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join