It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I completely and utterly believe in ghosts/spirits;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I was going to leave this for a little while until the regulars on this site were perhaps a bit more wiser to me, but I thought what the hell, if you've got something to tell then you might as well tell it.

This could turn out to be a bit of a story but I'll try to keep it as short and as simple as I possibly can.

In the summer of 96, making me 11 years old, I spent a week in a popular little holiday resort called Saundersfoot, which is located in South Wales. On a hot summer's day me and the rest of the family visited a nearby castle, Carew Castle, which is surrounding by countryside. One of the features of the castle is that there is also a Mill on the other side of the lake, and we decided to walk there first before entering the castle itself.

A little more than half way around the lake we stopped at what was a piece of wall if I remember correctly, just to have a drink and take some pictures, mostly of the castle which really is quite picturesque. My Grandad, who was carrying binoculars, noticed a lady dressed in white overlooking the lake in one of the castle's towers. Nothing at all strange about that at the time, and he simply commented that it would be a great place to take some pictures of the surrounding area as it was obviously high up. I also looked and saw this lady with my very own eyes, but as at the time nothing was at all strange about it I didn't really focus all that much on her.

Moving on, once we visited the Mill we made our way to and inside the castle. To our complete astonishment, we found that there was only a ground floor, and that there was simply no longer any upper level left for anybody to stand on. We were all so shaken up that we hardly spoke a word to each other for the duration of the visit. There is no way anybody could of climbed up to the top window of one of these towers, not without a huge set of ladders.

Sometime later, perhaps a couple of years, being a bit of a ghost nut from a very young age admittedly, I bought a book detailing a lot of apparent haunted locations, many of them being castles, all over Great Britain. In that book was a whole page about Carew Castle. It told of how there had been many sightings over the years of different apparitions, including an Ape (no, really!), and one of them was a lady in white that had been seen mostly in the tower. She was apparently Nester de Windsor, a 12th century Welsh princess who was well known at the time for her striking beauty and was once apparently abducted (willingly) from Carew Castle by a knight that had fallen in love with her at first sight.

So there's my experience, and I'm sorry if it dragged on somewhat but I really did try to get straight to the point.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Trapt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trapt

You didn't drag on, it's a good story. I enjoyed it. It must be a real thrill to later find your experience documented as having been seen by others.

eta: I just looked at the photo, and what a beautiful place. Nothing, nothing like that in US. It's quite
stunning.
edit on 1/14/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Interesting story.

Here in the States, reports of soldiers at Gettysburg are reported, and full apparitions seem to repeat the same actions again and again.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thank you.

And it sure was! I've been back a few times since and I've never seen her or anything, perhaps because I was now looking and instead of just stumbling on something I, or we, had absolutely no idea about at the time.

As you can imagine I'm now a true believer in spirits and some sort of afterlife, though I'd never even begin to try to convince other skeptics just because I experienced something that I guess not many people are fortunate enough, and I do think it's fortunate, to.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Trapt

eta: I just looked at the photo, and what a beautiful place. Nothing, nothing like that in US. It's quite
stunning.
edit on 1/14/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

Indeed. There's a lot of castle's and fortresses over here, particularly in that part of Wales, including Pembroke (where Henry VIII was born) and Manorbier, which along with Carew is my favorite of the lot as it's in such a lush setting.

The tower I saw the lady in white is the one on the right of the picture, but you can't see the window as it was from a different angle. In fact I think you can see the wall too that I mentioned we stopped at in that photo.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Trapt because: Spelling.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Great story S&F

i have never see or think that i saw a ghost before .. since i didnt live or visit a place where some peoples died
it is possible that earth have wandering souls .. blocked for a reason

next time if you see a odd woman at a strange place .. try to take her picture to see if she is visible on the pic

EDIT:
i only saw a UFO around the time you saw the ghost .. apx 1996
im still trying to figure out what it really was

edit on 1/14/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yeah. I still don't understand ghosts in the slightest, what they are, why exactly some remain, why you only see them when you least expect to it seems. But after that experience I just know that something does happen when our body gives up.

It also gave Ghostbusters, a film I can watch time and again even as an adult now, a bit more believability to me.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Great story, I saw a maiden ghost and a cook in a welsh castle about 10 years ago, i wish for the life of me i could remember the name of the place!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Great story.

Myself, I saw a spirit while on a scool trip to Aston Hall back in the early to mid 90s, nearly knocked everyone else down the stairs running from it as I was the last in the corridor to spot this woman float through a door we'd seen and heard being locked by our tour guide with no one else in that side of the manor at all.

new topics

top topics

join