It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me back my sign! Horoscope readers atwitter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

www.google.com

(AP) – 7 hours ago

Sofia Whitcombe began her day with the startling realization that she might not be exactly who she thought she was.

"My whole life, I thought I was a Capricorn," the 25-year-old publicist said. "Now I'm a Sagittarius? I don't feel like a Sagittarius!" It felt, she said, like a rug had been pulled from under her feet.

"Will my personality change?" she mused. "Capricorns are diligent and regimented, and super-hard-working like me. Sagittarians are more laid back. This is all a little off-putting."

Whit
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jy2AEeaiHU9d5RXI5QVeyGG7ao5Q?docId=CNG.7f112945a269a13e0b728d52293b7648.d41]www.google.com[/ url]

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
After doing some Googling after reading this thread: abovetopsecret.com... I found this article about it.

I haven't yet had a chance to see if my own sign has changed. I was really into Astrology as a teenager but lost interest as I felt that I could have fit any of the star signs.

I will be interested to see if others have a new sign and whether their old or new sign fits them better.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

A few more links:

What is My New Zodiac Sign? List of New Astrological Dates 2011

New zodiac signs 2011: Can one guy just change the zodiac like that?
And the counter to the argument:

Astrologer Walter Mercado disagrees with astronomer's zodiac change

I'm not sure how reputable those sources are but they give some different angles.
edit on 14-1-2011 by SerialLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You know, as one who is a bit flippant when it comes to horoscope sign, I guess I've the luxury of not being put-off by this change, but I remember looking up this information with a friend of mine in LA probably 5 years or so ago. I don't know why it's come to such prominance right now, but I have definitely seen this information long before it's sudden "emergence" into our popular culture, and just as it indicated then, the recognition of a 13th sign took me from Pisces to Aquarius. I don't think this is at all new, just newly popularized.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
From what I've read from real astrologers, nothing's changed astrologically. This 13th sign thing is nothing new, and this round of hubbub is just something scientists do every 20 years or so when someone notices and publishes something about it or tries to correlate it to unrelated things. The way this has been picked up in the press and in the blogosphere and the discussion surrounding it is just noise and opinion. There is no change. There will be no change. Your daily horoscopes with not include Ophiuchus now.There are still only 12 signs in the zodiac, and that's how it will remain.

After having written that from memory and opinion and having been through it before, I looked for a source that might explain more clearly and maybe act as a starting point for you to research further if you so wish.

No, You Don't Have To Change Your Zodiac Sign
edit on 1/14/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I thought this was only applied to people born after 2009... can anyone clarify that?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
From this post and detailed in Wiki the answer is yes, depending on the system one chooses to use, the signs will be different.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
please dont believe in the 13th sign,its bigger then what you humans really think.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I stumbled on this while looking for my "new" sign.
Ha, anyway I was already on the Virgo/Leo cusp.

Signs
edit on 14-1-2011 by Kaleob because: Broken Link

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think I'll just stick to the Tropical Zodiac then
Although in both of the alternate systems my sign has changed
I'll have to do some reading and see what one seems more accurate (well, for the moment. I guess I can always swap back if I want, heh).

Okay, well, after looking up the two, I definately fit my "old" sign better, but that could also be subconcious conditioning...
edit on 14-1-2011 by SerialLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I was born a scorpio...13 november
I have all the scorpio traits. In fact it fits me so much that, Its kinda scary.
To change now is just stupid.
and here is why

WE HAVE MORE SERIOUS THIINGS GOING ON IN OUR WORLD THAT SOME DUMB A ASTROLOGIST SAYING THE SIGNS ARE WRONG!!!

mass flooding, birds and fish dropping like crazy, earthquakes, volcanos, if that isnt enough our crooked Govt.

and some guy decided that its all wrong.
Ok I thinks its all wrong to I want to be a ....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

I'm glad they started doing this, hopefully it will cause the gullible folks who buy into cons like astrology to look at it with the proper skepticism for once.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Think about ppl........ if you were born a "______" then you still are one.... the fact that its moved/changed only means(if you believe in all that) that when they say the whatever is in this time.... then it's just in the next time. Does that makes sense? So when your supposed to be in "your" time of the year or whatever, just jump one ahead or behind....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Horoscopes are stupid, I never brought any of that crap anyway.

2nd line
edit on 14-1-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
I thought this was only applied to people born after 2009... can anyone clarify that?

Yes,
The published horoscopes
the ones in newspapers and most over the counter books
are using tables and ephemerides developed before 2009 (or 1997 depending on your definitions)
and as we have entered the age of aquarius they are all woefully wrong.

Now what do I mean by that?

Specifically, and limited to only those who are doing the horoscopes,
[size=0]my response here has absolutely zero to do with any 13th signs,
are publishing information and conclusions based on so-called wisdom
designed from before the age of Aquarious.

The easiest way to explain this to the [color=gold]average horoscope user
Is to tell them that they are reading the wrong sign, and should read
what the newspaper says about the sign previous to yours.

David Grouchy

Better yet, recalculate your sign entirely.

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
    Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
    Pisces: March 11-April 18.
    Aries: April 18-May 13.
    Taurus: May 13-June 21.
    Gemini: June 21-July 20.
    Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
    Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
    Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
    Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
    Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
    Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17.
    Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, I must be a Lirgo then right? I say this because my birthday falls on Mexican Independence Day (Sept 16).

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Well, I must be a Lirgo then right? I say this because my birthday falls on Mexican Independence Day (Sept 16).

TheBorg
That would mean you're on the cusp, which yes, would mean you share traits from both signs, but only in personality, and even that can be offset by the hundreds of possible aspects from the other planets.

The way I see it, the only people who should be exhibiting all or most of their sign's traits are those who are right in the middle of their date range and have only positive aspects highlighting their sun sign.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's just as well that they write horoscopes by putting random words like relationship, career, love, good, and bad in a hat and picking them out at random then else this might have had some serious consequences

Before you attack me please remember that It's not my fault I don't believe in horoscopes it's because I'm a typical Taurus
edit on 14-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think this is a conspiracy to cover up the fact we have earth changes which would scare the pants off folks if they knew the truth, this is just buying a little more time for those sleeping masses who soon will not be able to deny the fact the sun is no longer streaming through the dinning room when the sun rises or the living room windows as it sets.

The MSM has picked this up and treating it like it has always been, that is total manipulation if I have ever seen it. this is propaganda to keep people in their place and not questioning the incredible change which is happening, oh yes this has always been so. Well no not to this extent.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

PoorFool, I don't know who came up with this "born after 2009" qualification. The Ophiuchus constellation has existed for ages.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
All baloney to me..
How can which way the earth was facing at the time of my birth have ANY influence over my personality, luck or whatever.??

Wish it was this easy to convince the sheeple of real problems..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join