It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeopathy - Cure or Con? - CBC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by C0bzz

You would be fine because it is a healthy medicine. Do you think all medicines should be poisonous to the body?

No, but I think that all medicines should have the desired effect. What I meant by 'fine' was not sleepy at all.

edit on 2/3/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

What did you take?
Everybody has a different body chemistry. My friend isn't affected by kava tea at all, but I feel it quite strongly.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Personally I find homeopathy offensive, I guess that is a broad brush but I am talking about the dilute form of homeopathy. It is shameful that tax payers have to subsidise millions of pounds/dollars of public money to fund this sham and to fund homeopathic hospitals. Furthermore it is absolutely disgusting that this industry, one which has direct impact on a persons health and life, is poorly regulated if regulated at all. So much to the effect that some homeopaths are playing roulette with peoples health and safety offering alternative vaccines for children and adults which is even condemned by the Faculty of Homeopathy.

So sure, if you believe in these treatments then more power to you, that's fine I hope you continue to reap the benfits of the placebo effect. But public funding for this has to stop!
You should not be able to walk into a pharmacy and have these treatments even in the same shop, this has to stop too. Governments need to get off there backsides and save taxpayer money, introduce a strict regulatory body and be honest with it's people.

This was an episode of Horizon titled 'the test'. Basically sceptic James Randi is so convinced that homeopathy will not work, that he has offered $1m to anyone who can provide convincing evidence of its effects.
It was very interesting watch.

There was another show that was good but I can't find it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join