It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new 13th sign is true.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sigh again...

What had happened was, the tropical zodiac has been wrong for a while now, and some professor decided to point it out, and it became mainstream news. I know that kinda contradicts my first post but that is the deal.

The constellation visible when you are born is your sign. There are 13 zodiac signs in both zodiacs, but some genius thought 13 was an unlucky number so he decided to take one out of the tropical zodiac a long long time ago.

Also if it were based on months, wouldn't it change when the month changes instead of being seemingly sporadic? And if it were based on seasons, wouldn't there only be 4 signs?

I think the moral here is the zodiac is a bunch of BS. Insecure people just need something to label themselves with, and someone to tell them generalized BS about how they think they behave. I can go through every horoscope right now and find something that relates to me.

Yeah I wonder how...I had my eyes set on different horoscopes too and wondering why they most likely attributed to my life better than my main horoscope....and probably some doctor who checks his horoscopes wondered the same thing and actually did his research...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
No the tropical zodiac never had 13 signs.

When Ptolemy in 2nd century reworked it into the tropical zodiac, it was specifically designated based on the equinoxes.

This is a mathematical issue. It's not about opinion. It's about a circle and how it has 360 degrees all the way around it.

By dividing that circle into 30 degree segments, we have 12.

There is no possibility that a 13th sign was ever in the Tropical (western) zodiac. This would be mathematically impossible.

Astrology is derived from astronomical calculations, which is also math.

There is no half-right answers in math. There is only correct and incorrect.
In history class you can make stuff up and bs your way through but not in math.

The fortune telling aspect of Astrology is obviously pretty bunk. But the math behind calculating positions of objects in the sky is not hocus pocus. It is Astronomy rather than Astrology.

Why 360degrees?
Well, how many days are in a full year? Circle around the sun?

Point is, you cannot add another sign into the tropical zodiac. It's illogical and mathematically incorrect.

If you wanna use a 13th sign, go pick up the sidereal zodiac and knock yourself out.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

To be fair you do need to have your natal chart done by someone or yourself to get the full scope of your horoscope. Your personality in astrology is not only affected by your Sun sign, what you normally go by as your sign, but also your Moon sign, Ascendant sign, etc.

I didn't know this myself until a few years ago. Finding out all these things and the personality it showed me to have fit almost to a T. I don't believe so much in astrology but it is a fun thing to do. Maybe you should try to get your natal chart done. No harm in it.

edit on 1/14/2011 by PhantomLimb because: grammar

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
No the tropical zodiac never had 13 signs.

When Ptolemy in 2nd century reworked it into the tropical zodiac, it was specifically designated based on the equinoxes.

This is a mathematical issue. It's not about opinion. It's about a circle and how it has 360 degrees all the way around it.

By dividing that circle into 30 degree segments, we have 12.

There is no possibility that a 13th sign was ever in the Tropical (western) zodiac. This would be mathematically impossible.

Astrology is derived from astronomical calculations, which is also math.

There is no half-right answers in math. There is only correct and incorrect.
In history class you can make stuff up and bs your way through but not in math.

The fortune telling aspect of Astrology is obviously pretty bunk. But the math behind calculating positions of objects in the sky is not hocus pocus. It is Astronomy rather than Astrology.

Why 360degrees?
Well, how many days are in a full year? Circle around the sun?

Point is, you cannot add another sign into the tropical zodiac. It's illogical and mathematically incorrect.

If you wanna use a 13th sign, go pick up the sidereal zodiac and knock yourself out.

13 months at a perfect 28 days each = 364. as opposed to a 365 day year with odd day months and leap years to fix the errors .Hmmmm what a mathmatical challenge .Give me a break , the lunar calander works perfectly and always has .

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
There is more than one zodiac, stop mixing them up.

The tropical zodiac is fixed to the equinoxes, and thus only has 12 signs.

Source

Read em and weep.

The Sidereal Zodiac used in Eastern Cultures has 13 signs because it is based on Constellations and NOT the equinoxes. LOOK, there is Ophiuchus used extensively in this zodiac.
proof's in the pudding

Debunked.

Pick which zodiac you like, 12 sign (tropical) or 13 sign (sidereal).
Stop mixing them up and then getting all mad when educated folks shoot it down.

Here is the problem with that.

We do not have a permanent sign for equinoxes. Every couple thousand years...the Sun will be in a different sign on the equinoxes. So how can we ever have a successful 'fixed' wheel?

Example is tropical stresses Spring Equinox is Aries. There was only a couple thousand years where this was really true. So how do we 'fix' something that was not always in Aries and will not always be in Aries?

How can we take a segment of time and say that is the time that the 'signs' should be 'fixed' to?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

13 months at a perfect 28 days each = 364. as opposed to a 365 day year with odd day months and leap years to fix the errors .Hmmmm what a mathmatical challenge .Give me a break , the lunar calander works perfectly and always has .

Your right...it is a challenge, even more so then what you pointed out...which is why the reason for the simple 'fixed' wheel man has been trying out for the last couple thousand years.

Each 'sign' is not of the same amount of space. The Sun only passes in front of Scorpio, for example, for about a week of time. This causes issues of 'true perspectives and positions'.

We have great systems now that let us know exactly where everything is. We should use them and catch up with where the cosmos really are.

Think about it...its as if man has not stepped out into the night sky to look for his/her own self...for about 2000 years.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
People go read the bible. If any of you spent half as much time reading the bible you would see that you are chassing evil. You will be cut off from god. soon!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
People go read the bible. If any of you spent half as much time reading the bible you would see that you are chassing evil. You will be cut off from god. soon!

God is within everything...the stars...you, and all others. The God in you...knew every position of every star...when you were born. Its a natural compass within you....and to observe the stars in the IAM within you observing thee's great emanation, in the cosmos.

There is only ONE of us really here...and that is IAM.

Humans have been denied so much for far too long....other man trying to scare them away from seeking anything outside of what another man has told them in a earthly book.

The truest path, is seeking life within all things, even life in the stars. Seeking your place, amongst it all. You are a part of a greater 'whole'. Aligning with it, being in sync with all 'life'...allows the IAM to really work through you and guide you for a greater purpose. Much greater then just seeking salvation for the self.

Do you really want to go here?

'Truth' is not something another man has to tell you of....'truth' is something you can find in life, all by yourself. Its in the very design of our making, our being, and all that surrounds us.

Bara..the Hebrew word in your bible that we translate as 'created'.....actually means more of a 'filling'.

"So God, filled the heavens and the earth".

We did not come from nothing....nothing can be, without the 'be-ing' of God within it and of it.

This life is not about 'salvation'....its about awakening, and being an instrument for Thee to work through for Thee's highest prime image to manifest.

The Kingdom IS within you. No....you dont need and sun sign to find this....but for some, it offers them a starting place of something they can work on in this life. We have opportunities around us all the time....chances to look in the mirror and see what we are, what we stand for, and change if we feel it need be.

I would not be who I am today, without some of the 'wrong' things I have done. I embrace those moments, for they helped me learn and shape me to who I am now. God did not shun me in those moments...but waited, for me to see. Unconditional love. You are of Thee. We all are of Thee. We can try to buck it away...and it wont go. If one is not ready to see it for what it is....there is no force that will come upon them...only more chances to look in that mirror, only more opportunities and tests for them to see when they are ready.

You should not tell people they will be cut off from their own truest self. Its impossible. Tell them, they are loved.
edit on 15-1-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I also went from Pisces to Aquarius. This is a big change for me, as I always known myself as a Pisces.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You don't just read your horoscope..

Where are your links and sources to back up your opinions, since that is what this is.

There is more to horoscopes than just reading them randomly.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think the moral here is the zodiac is a bunch of BS. Insecure people just need something to label themselves with, and someone to tell them generalized BS about how they think they behave. I can go through every horoscope right now and find something that relates to me.

Would you like a detailed copy of MY personal reading for the last week or two? I will tell you the zodiac and ALL that goes with it is not BS. Mine has been dead on accurate and it scares the crap out of me...Use to study astrology for years and it freaked me out too many times so I stopped until recently.

It's not BS and maybe people should look into it more than just magazine horoscopes, which are vague. Do an indepth chart, then tell me it's BS.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1

No you go read your bible find God ! The 13th Zodiac is Christ getting hold of the serpent .There shall be great signs in heaven .You are the one being decieved friend .

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

PaR3v,

Here's my ATS thread on this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarredAus
IM outRAGED Scorpios Stand Together They are Trying To elimainate usby the way!!!!
by the way, how long ago did this happen? How can i go to bed a scorpio and wake up a libra????

It happened centuries ago. They only waited to tell you so they could watch your rage unfold in real time.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
one scientist, ONE scientist can change the signs, without any scientific studies by the scientific community.

Sounds to me like there will be a new religion and new messiah as well soon, history repeating itself again and again, and once again, just did not think that i would be living through it. hail repression as that will be coming next, as this next life circle will be changed through pain, death, and suffering, to get the agenda put in line. my god people this ride is going to get rocky

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
If you've still fallen for the skeptics telling you otherwise that the 13th sign doesn't exist. Don't let them sway you. The 13th sign is now in effect. Read your different horoscopes now.

PaR3v,

Ophiuchus is NOT new. It has ALWAYS been in effect -- as part of Scorpio. If you want to use the Sidereal Zodiac (my recommendation), Ophiuchus affects those born from Nov 29 to Dec 15. You are still a Scorpio, but you have this ADDITIONAL effect of Ophiuchus.

Also I added my comments on Jared Loughner's chart.

Read my ATS thread:

SeaWind
edit on 15-1-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by minigunner
This is your post? What exactly is your point? I don't mind going out and doing research, but you haven't provided or contributed anything here other than a one line personal opinion.

Its these kind of posts that irritate many of us on here. From now on, please provide some of your supportive research along with your theory. This is simple stuff and if your going to dedicate your time to your theory I would think you would want to provide your proof so as to debunk the naysayers.

Minigunner, read my ATS thread on this:

SeaWind

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join