It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Idea of Jesus was Created by the Devil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you sure "angel of the lord" is not refering to Metatron? Who in hebrew texts, is translated as "lesser YHWH".
edit on 1/17/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV

Are you sure "angel of the lord" is not refering to Metatron? Who in hebrew texts, is translated as "lesser YHWH"

no, the Book of Enoch is a forgery by a false prophet. It contradicts the word of God.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
To organize. God, working through his Son, Jesus Christ, organized the elements in nature to form the earth. Heavenly Father and Jesus created man in their image (Moses 2:26–27).

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, Gen. 1:1
Let us make man in our image, Gen. 1:26 (Moses 2:26–27; Abr. 4:26).
All things were made by him, John 1:3, 10
By him were all things created that are in heaven, Col. 1:16 (Mosiah 3:8; Hel. 14:12).
God made the worlds by his Son, Heb. 1:2
Man was created in the beginning, Mosiah 7:27
I created the heavens and the earth and all things, 3 Ne. 9:15 (Morm. 9:11, 17).
All men were created in the beginning after mine own image, Ether 3:15
Jesus Christ created the heavens and the earth, D&C 14:9
He created man, male and female, after his own image, D&C 20:18
Worlds without number have I created, Moses 1:33
By mine Only Begotten I created heaven, Moses 2:1
I, the Lord God, created all things spiritually before they were naturally upon the face of the earth, Moses 3:5
Millions of earths like this would not be a beginning to the number of thy creations, Moses 7:30
The Gods organized and formed the heavens, Abr. 4:1

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by illuminateme

Just for fun, look at the times the phrase 'Angel of the Lord' is used in the OT and read that verse and a couple afterward and you'll find out that the Angel of the Lord is God Himself.

Those are called "preincarnate" appearances of Jesus. That's why he said "Before Abraham was, I AM."

Aren't there multiple Angels listed in the Judeo-Christian bible? Is every angelic occurrence in the OT God, as in preincarnate Jesus or only those passages that specify with Angel of the LORD?

thank you

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abovo

Just for fun, look at the times the phrase 'Angel of the Lord' is used in the OT and read that verse and a couple afterward and you'll find out that the Angel of the Lord is God Himself.

Those are called "preincarnate" appearances of Jesus. That's why he said "Before Abraham was, I AM."

Aren't there multiple Angels listed in the Judeo-Christian bible? Is every angelic occurrence in the OT God, as in preincarnate Jesus or only those passages that specify with Angel of the LORD?

thank you

Anytime it specifically says "Angel of the Lord", it's the preincarnate Jesus.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
To all the Christians stating the "trinity" theory, I ask you this;

Why did Jesus cry out "Father, why have you forsaken me?"

Isn't that the same that as "Me, Why have I forsaken myself?"

If he were the same god, surely there would be some understanding as to why the events were occurring wouldn't there?

H

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I am not talking about The Book of Enoch. He is mentioned in the Talmud. How can one throw out the original hebrew texts/oral traditions which predate the formulation for christianity?

Do you have some hidden knowledge that proves christianity is greater(or more accurate) than Judaism in accuracy?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
I am not talking about The Book of Enoch. He is mentioned in the Talmud. How can one throw out the original hebrew texts/oral traditions which predate the formulation for christianity?

Talmudic Judaism was birthed after the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D. by jews who rejected jessus as their Messiah.

Do you have some hidden knowledge that proves christianity is greater(or more accurate) than Judaism in accuracy?

"Hidden" knowledge? No.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

no, the Book of Enoch is a forgery by a false prophet. It contradicts the word of God.

Please explain then, your evidence that your Bible is the real, un-altered words that
God himself wrote down in the book all those years ago. I would say that it's the Bible that is a forgery. Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I like your thread, well written and clearly defines truths. I have always thought, if the ten commandments tell us, do .not place any gods before me, nor do we worship graven images, why is it the churches across the board do just this? I believe when christianity took its rule it was formed in the eye of lucufer/satan. We were warned by god to beware of the false gods, To worship Jesus before god is clearly denying god. I was raised southern baptist protestant. at age 8 or 9 I remember realizing I am being taught to worship a false god. I endlessly questioned the pastor, to the point by age 18 I was thrown from the religion, this speaks volumes in itself. I have feverishly researched most other religions and find the exact same errors happening. God clearly tells us, not many will realize what they are doing and be fooled by lucifer/satan. I am in the deepest appreciation for this post, and it is truely well written...It is good to see others see past the manipulative lies the religions have instealedinto our memorys. peace to you..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Glendaddy

In the old testimate it states God will send a saviour, in jesus times he says he is Gods "SON" , The deciples asked jesus lord are yougod jesus replied no I am a son of god as you and all man are sons of god, the deciples asked jesus during the last supper lord where will you go, jesus replied to heaven to sit on my fathers right side you need to re read the book with your own eye, not that of the precher/pastor, popes eye. They are decievers and you are falling prey to lucifer/satan..
edit on 19-1-2011 by prexparte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Please explain then, your evidence that your Bible is the real, un-altered words that
God himself wrote down in the book all those years ago. I would say that it's the Bible that is a forgery. Prove me wrong.

Not only is the christian bible wrong, it has been altered more times then we can imagine. ALso when the so called words of god were being put into a book called the bible, firstly it was done in the minds of roman catholics secondly they did nto put all the text in, thirdly I believe all the text were stories of the times. Put into a book for the mass of people to worship and believe...it is all about going into self reaching our place of oneness with the creator...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

How We Got Our Bible: Old Testament; Chuck Missler Part1

How We Got Our Bible: New Testament; Chuck Missler Part1

Missler - Bible Heptadic Structure - Pt 1

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte

Not only is the christian bible wrong, it has been altered more times then we can imagine. ALso when the so called words of god were being put into a book called the bible, firstly it was done in the minds of roman catholics secondly they did nto put all the text in, thirdly I believe all the text were stories of the times. Put into a book for the mass of people to worship and believe...it is all about going into self reaching our place of oneness with the creator...

Wrong. There are more manuscripts of the bible than any book in history. And all of them agree with the KJB 98% of the text. (Textus Receptus) And the OT books are verified in the books found in the caves at Qumran. The only differences are minor copying errors and nothing in the differences concerns any doctrine whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I shall share some wisdom. We each were given a great gift, and this gift was given to each and every human, it is the gift of freewill. Do you understand what freewill implys? It is the right to choose our lifes path, our beliefs and our destinys. I personally choose to not follow a manmade book and a manmade religion(s) I beleive in the end I will be watching you as I am standing by our great creator God...If you beleive in your book you should know, God told us, all is revealed for us to follow in a rightous path, to beable to be with God, only a few will actually listen...Do you honestly believe some millions are a few? All religions believe they are the true religion, the true book. And your religion is the true one, because your man inspired book, which by the way was made some 325 years after jesus passed, ( the new testimate that is) tells you this? The other religions believe as deeply as you. pretty much all religions are wrong. I admit maybe at one time religion was true, but, in todays society it has been warped and changed to fit the pastors needs. Im ok with me, I dont live in fear of God. God did not intend this. You live with your fearmongering religion, you be happy with you...peace out and holy rollen to you
edit on 19-1-2011 by prexparte because: spell checked the errors

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

?? Who said we weren't created with free will? And secondly, the "few" you mention is roughly, "not the many" in the Greek. And I agree with that, the majority of people ever born will not place their trust in the Lord for salvation.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abovo

thank you

Anytime it specifically says "Angel of the Lord", it's the preincarnate Jesus.

Hi,

I did the search and i see what you mean. It is plausible. How do you reconcile the treatment of the Assyrians in Isaiah. According to that verse Jesus, apparently, did not have a problem with mass slaughter?!

Thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Abovo

Who am I to question the Lord? I'm just happy to live in the dispensation of Grace through Jesus's death. I don't judge God, but a possible reason is because God promises to return evil done to Israel in judgment.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. My question has to do with the commonly held view that Jesus wouldn't hurt a fly. That he is the epitome of God's Love. That he is in fact, God. So the characterization of avenging angel seems incongruent with commonly held perceptions. I'm not arguing for or against. He does say that he came to bring a sword? Could this sword be a symbol of the Angel?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Abovo

I see, but remember, He only came once as a Lamb of God. Next time He's going to be the Lion. He comes in Revelation, Isaiah, and Ezekiel to wage war against the beast.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join