It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Must Be Civil

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Do you reserve your criticism for just one party, or for any elected official that is not living up to their committment.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i think the arizona shooting makes it very obvious that the media wants any excuse to blame all violence on extreme political groups, they will even make up evidence if need be, which is why we must always invoke that phrase "the pen is mightier than the sword" or in this day and age the blog is mightier than the bomb. The truth shall be our weapon and that is protected by the first amendment and tyrants really hates that.
edit on 17-1-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Do you reserve your criticism for just one party, or for any elected official that is not living up to their committment.

I have never once in my life allowed anything such as a political party affiliation, government label, coloquial address, etc to prevent me from criticizing.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I would say that, because of your last response, you are likely not the intended audience of this thread.

Keep doing what you are doing.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I just really like monkeys in people clothes.

Besides, I felt this thread applied because I have no problem admitting that I am not always on my best behavior. I can say that there are times when people really get under my skin and I lose my cool but that is still being dismissive of my own weaknesses. I understand that we are all people and subject to "moods." These are also reasons that I do not have a national show on a news network and I will never run for public office. We should all try to be more civil all the time, myself included. I would like to think that the people that have the most heard voices would somehow equate to the people who maintain their civility best but alas, that is just a silly dream.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join