It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

of 27,000 pelicans. a serious question!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Fox News Phoenix yesterday morning reported that pelicans are starting to show up around town. even one sitting on her nest. say they came here for food.
honest to god i thought pelicans ate fish!
somebody set me straight or tell me what in the hell is going on!
thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Is this part of the missing Pelicans from North Dakota?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Found the info on this story...

www.azcentral.com...

These are brown pelicans. Not related to the missing 27,000 pelicans from ND.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"they" didn't say that, they said they are from the west coast, but not where specifically. i will try to find a link for you

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Going by memory but I believe the missing Pelicans from ND were white. Could be wrong. If they were the brown ones then they are WAY of course.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
no. the girl pelican sitting on her nest was white. i remember perfectly because i have never seen a white pelican before, nor one that wasnt standing. she was beautiful

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
never seen a white pelican b4 that? Damn. Thats the only colour we see in Australia of pelicans. I've never seen a pelican that isn't white.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
We mostly have brown pelicans here in FL, but I think I have seen some white ones...I don't know about pelicans, but I know that it's not rare to find seagulls pretty far away from the oceans and tributaries...but I would have to agree that Phoenix, AZ does seem a bit of a ways off from their normal habitat...are they surrounding or being seen around any large bodies of water? Poor fellas...dive bombing the asphalt....lol....that's sad to hear

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a sign of the magnetic pole shift...They say the birds will begin behaving strange.......

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hey maybe there are just some yummy fish in lake pleasant? I went downtown to the northern part of phoenix today and I didn't see anything. Is it like southern , by the skyscrapers, or the airport? Where?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
27,000 white pelicans go missing in South Dakota, 27,000 different, brown pelicans turn up in Phoenix. How freaky is that?

Somewhere there's a guy, sitting by his local lake, trying to work out why the 27,000 brown pelicans he saw yesterday have suddenly turned white!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Poor birds. They do eat fish. Arizonia....they are way off base. I don't live far fror the coast and I go there alot...they're real cool to watch, just don't try to touch them. Hope they get relocated.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i was wondering about an earthquake because Fox claimed they were from the west coast?
i also thought of the magnectic field. save a program about the 'shift' on PBS/Nova about a month ago. i guess magnetic north is shifting a bit each year. explains why my compass doesnt concur with known due north landmarks.
it is an enigma. i thought some one would have a reasonable theory.
i just thought it was weird, that's all.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
up-date. it is brown pelicans on Fox this morning. lots of them. i guess the white one i saw the day before might have been just file footage. they sometimes do that you know.
i apologize

new topics

top topics

join