It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did NYC go from highest to lowest crime rate in the country?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I was hoping the crime-rate could go down without the police-state thing.

Back when I was there as a tourist of 2 months in 2000 and again in 2006 I didnt notice any more police presence than in other cities. Maybe thats because I was in the wrong part of town.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Heavy Fluoridation of the water drops the crime rate.

Also New York City has been cutting Police. Less Police= less reported crime.

Crime across the country has gone down. Why? Less Police. More Fluoride. Poisoning works.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Answers so far:

"It's Flouride"

"It's Climate Change"

"It's the Montauk Project"

"It's 9/11"

"It`s a Police State"

"It's ending the Crack Epidemic"

Pretty interesting mix of answers...
edit on 14-1-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

doesn't 516 murders in a year (admittedly I'm getting this figure from a letterman sketch)

still seem a bit high?

he was only making a 'bit' about NYers seeing the figure and thinking "apartments" so I had no reason to doubt the figure given..

I just think there must be a lot of murder going on if 516 is the lowest rate in America...

-B.M
edit on 16/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

When i talk of the montauk project, something definitely happened there and the techs do exist.

Just see how much ireland has changed since the mobile phones system has been set up. They most definitely use the system along with alot of other things obviously.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

They will not want to stop all murder, as i also reckon they will be doing testing. These people see humans as nothing, and they do what they want with them.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Simple, they made it more expensive to live in NYC to force them to leave. In short NYC deported their "undesirables" to North East PA and New Jersey. Hence I loathe NYC and am sad that global warming isn't real.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

The police do not appear to be "jacked up" in NYC. They have a presence, but that's not a really accurate description at all. Much of it was cleaning up areas where drugs and prostitution were rampant.

Also, yes, the crime rate plunged well before 9/11 under Giuliani, who with his many missteps and misspeaks since, gets a lot of the credit for cleaning things up from what I understand. I think this was partially achieved by putting more police on the streets.

I'm still not convinced, however, that a lot of the decrease has to do with how crimes are reported.

A lot of the crime moved south to Camden, NJ? They now seem to have the highest rate along with St Louis, which is corrupt as hell from what I hear from a friend who was on the force there until very recently.

Newark is another area that really cleaned up its act. From what I remember mostly with community outreach programs and a reset of priorities...again not a "jacked up" police state.

edit on 1/18/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
You maybe have to think in another manner.
It can also be that crime rates in other states or cities went up so New York wasn't first anymore.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Did NYC get nuked and I missed it?

Because that is the only way the crime rate went down there. Don't believe everything you read on wikipedia. Most likely the government changed how it reported things to massage the numbers like they always do.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

That's exactly what I was thinking, that it might be because of a change in how the crimes are categorized/reported.

After all, if a politician makes it a point to state that their goal is to reduce crime (or makes any other promise), they have to make it appear that they have achieved their goal, or their opponent can use that against them when re-election time comes around again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join