It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun rises two days early in Greenland, sparking fears that climate change is accelerating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The sun rises two days early in Greenland, sparking fears that climate change is accelerating

www.dai lymail.co.uk

Experts say the sun should have risen over the Arctic nation's most westerly town, Ilulissat, yesterday, ending a month-and-a-half of winter darkness.

But for the first time in history light began creeping over the horizon at around 1pm on Tuesday - 48 hours ahead of the usual date of 13 January.

The mysterious sunrise has confused scientists, although it is believed the most likely explanation is that it is down to the lower height of melting icecaps allowing the sun's light to penetrate through earlier.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't know if I buy into either the global warming or cooling scenarios, but I'll tell you what, SOMETHING weird appears to be happening to our planet in recent times, no matter HOW one cuts it.

Could this be related to climate change? Or perhaps the magnetic pole flip?

It appears as if things are becoming displaced, even by my own observations.

I come from a warm desert climate, and this entire last year has been very strange-It is almost like the SEASONS have been 'off-placed'. The summer temperatures did not set in till MUCH later than normal, and extended into a time where things usually have cooled down for us in this region.

I wonder, have other ATSers noticed things changing dramatically in their region as well?

The earthquake activity and floods also appear to be escalating. The planet appears to be going through some wild changes and shifts in these times.

Now WHAT is the cause is something that nobody can seem to agree on...

www.dai lymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There are already 2 threads on this. I think this is important enough to contain all news and opinions in one thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Someone else mentioned this in another thread, but I hadn't seen a thread on it's own.

Very interesting. "First time in history"? Wow. Seems like the Earth has tilted.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"most likely explanation is that it is down to the lower height of melting icecaps allowing the sun's light to penetrate through earlier. "

Errr...another explanation would be that the earth's rotation around the sun is being affected in some way...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP,

Would you at least copy/paste your assessment on my thread? I think people would like to hear/read what you have to say.

Thanks friend!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm in Texas and it was still quite hot here in December. The temperature finally dropped earlier this month, but it was supposed to do that a long time ago. The weather really is changing and now it's far from normal. It should be getting worse over the next few years.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Done brother.

Also starred and flagged it.

Great thread!

Some really strange things are happening right now.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
how lame was that reason they gave lololol.

earths wobble is increasing......pre pole flip i rekon

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

My bet is that the 2004 Indonesian quake-tsunami bumped the planet off its axis.

...The date for daylight savings time was changed the next fall, and a lot has shifted - seasons, weather, ....

S&F btw

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Those 2 days sure are interesting...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No expert here but it seems that if this was from melting ice...it could have been minutes early,
but two whole days?

S&F, and also to all the other threads posted here.

Stay on this folks, remember if anything ever was really going on...
We know that we will be the last to find out.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just for the record I have absolutely no idea what the hell I’m talking about, but with that being said I think you hit the nail on the head when you said (Shift). It would appear that the planet is going through some form of climate shift.
My personal thinking on this is, as posted earlier, that the magma and high concentrations of iron ore are slowly shifting their position under the earth’s crust. This is causing the shift in the magnetic field and quite possibly changing the wobble and tilt of the earth’s rotation around the sun.
Another possibility is that as we get closer to the galactic plane we will see changes in the magnetic poles around the objects in our solar system. Could are poles shift as we drop trough and below the galactic plane? Could this be the reason for past polar shifts?
Some interesting things to ponder.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Melting polar ice caps? If you critically think through the issue presented, it's clear to see the latter explination is complete bullsh¥t. IMHO it pretty obvious that the Earth has tilted on her axis. This axis tilt was SO significant that daylight arrived two days early. Wow! LOL, those global warming purveyors just can't admit that everyones onto their scam!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
wouldn't this point to an earth axis shift? this is what i have been saying for the past few years. there is no global warming going on because we the humans polluted the hell out of the planet. i say the earth is cooling down and heating up in certain areas because the axis has been slowly shifting for the past so many years. it makes the most sense.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
While there is little doubt that the earth itself is going through a magnetic shift, and a period of increased seismic and volcanic activity I have a little trouble believing the notion that the Sun showed up two days early as if the Sun keeps our schedule and not it's own.

You would think people living with out it would be happy to see it, but evidently this is not the case, in our over regimented and regulated world where everything must work in precise and prescribed ways this is clearly a disaster to our way of thinking and life.

I think we should all do the sensible thing and write our congressmen and senators and demand that they declare war on clearly what is a renegade sun that has no respect for our traditions and schedules, and is certainly not going to be paid extra for the two unrequested days of light, warmth and cheer it's trying to force on us.

A full nuclear assault on the sun should impress on it in the future to perform only in the manner we expect it too.

I think an audit of all the Sun's financial accounts and communications to see if it has been plotting with Al Queda is in order too.

We need to teach this sun once and for all it's place in the universe and who is who, and that we aren't going to be bullied or pushed around by it in this fashion where it decides it can do what ever it wants to do.

It should live in fear of us, not us of it!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Please post your comments in one of the existing threads posted above. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join