It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berlusconi could face trial as alleged sex offender

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Berlusconi could face trial as alleged sex offender

www.guardian.co.uk

The chief prosecutor in his home city of Milan said the Italian prime minister had been formally placed under investigation on suspicion of having sex with an underage prostitute. He was also accused of abusing his position to pressure the police.

The offences carry sentences totalling up to 15 years in jail. Berlusconi had not been charged, but had been invited to present himself for questioning, according to the prosecutor's statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk www.theprovince.com

edit on 14-1-2011 by JustCurious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Rumours have bounded round Mr Berlusconi, however to make it clear what these "charges" are in a tl'dr summary...

Mr Berlusconi has been 'invited' to present himself for questioning, according to the prosecutor's statement.

The girl was 17 . the age of sexual consent in Italy is 14.
But paying for sex with a prostitute under the age of 18 is illegal.

The more serious charge involves 'Politicians found guilty of abusing their authority risk jail sentences of up to 12 years'

-Remember it's politics, rarely is anything as straight forward as it seems

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

(the following is not to be taken seriously I'm not making fun of the criminal act)
As I was posting this thread in another tab I had opened without looking , this is what it was..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about Berlusconi being guilty of sex offenses, but he certainly is guilty of premeditated nose-mining and first-degree booger-eating. See below:

Berlusconi and Boogers

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It’s a shame that Berlusconni is such a megalomaniacal idiot as it seems the only alternative are politicians like Romano Prodi who spent their formative years on the KGB’s payroll.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
berlusconi is a nutter lolololol

i feel sorry for him...hes from an old fashoned time whenn being an arrogant womanising mafia tycoon was accepted by the elite of italy...but times are changing....this is definately his last term and he will never be found guilty of anything...cmon wise up...his clan owns the country

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
berlusconi is a nutter lolololol

i feel sorry for him...hes from an old fashoned time whenn being an arrogant womanising mafia tycoon was accepted by the elite of italy...but times are changing....this is definately his last term and he will never be found guilty of anything...cmon wise up...his clan owns the country

dont feel sorry for him. the man is a cavone (pig) and an embarrassment to italians world wide

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

Nice to think that he's not above the law, but somehow I feel that even if he does get charged - like the drunk-driving MP in the UK (EDIT: can't find source, so likely my memory is playing up. The ones I can find charged with drink driving faced appropriate sentences) - he'll not face the usual penalty.

Just a show to make us think that they're not above the law. The vague, slightly paranoid meaning of "they", that is.
edit on 14/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/1/2011 by TheWill because: bad spelling.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
Well, I don't know about Berlusconi being guilty of sex offenses, but he certainly is guilty of premeditated nose-mining and first-degree booger-eating. See below:

Berlusconi and Boogers

ROLFLMAO!

I really needed a good laugh and that clip did it for sure.

new topics

top topics

join