It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First WikiLeaks Revolution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

That Norwegian paper Afternposten just launched new cables that show U.S. knew all about massive corruption in Tunisia back in 2006 but went on supporting gov't anyway, making it "the pillar of its North Africa policy." Juan Cole cover here. Meanwhile, Libya's Gaddafi (left), "saddened" by events in Tunisia, warns Tunisians against being tricked by "WikiLeaks which publishes information written by lying ambassadors in order to create chao

www.thenation.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

What is the deal with you posting quoted posts with no response? Sorry it just gets annoying.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

the process is ongoing... i am watching the events recording that.
Do you think everyone that reads responds with a comment.
Updating a thread is as far as i am aware well within the terms and conditions...
i dont understand why it would enoy you. ..

kx

edit on 16-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Excellent post. This is exactly the type of of sentiment and action that Wikileaks is able to present. Kudos to the people who are telling their corrupt government to royally shove it and take measures into their own hands. If takes a considerable amount of courage for Wikileaks to present the information but even more for people to use it to their rightful gain. There are some folks, and always will be, who seem to apply warped and nonsensical logic that Wikileaks or their leadership is wrong. They bring up ridiculous notions of accountability and personal responsibility as means of attaining transparency for global governments. They fail to comprehend that sometimes you have little in the way of choice or option as to what is fundamentally right, essentially you are left to endure government suppression. The very same process they advocate is heavy weighed to be advantageous for corrupt governments, not the people that they are allegedly serving. Corrupt governments do not maintain or provide a democracy they instead impose a plutocracy. Government apologists repeatedly dismiss the fact that taking the path of least resistance is a futile and pointless effort. Its laughable because these goofball thoughts will NEVER succeed, history shows us that revolution brings forth necessary change.

I applaud the people of Tunisia and hope that more nations threaten corrupt government.

Wikileaks said they would change the world, this is a fantastic first step.

brill

edit on 16-1-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Well when you start reading a thread thats 3 pages in yes to me it gets annoying with the flow because number one I have to try and figure out where or who your quoting and then I have to guess why you are quoting? I understand the ones with links, I was merely questioning the ones with just a quote and nothing else maybe that clears up my question.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

im soz i know it is bad practise but some things i cant really quote a website...

kx

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Gotcha I understand it's more or less my thickheadedness, will follow along either way as many of your threads force me to rethink my opinions on many things!!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
s15.zetaboards.com...

OPERATION PRESSURESTORM Tonight's storm will be in the direction of putting pressure on the UN to get over there and help Tunisia. There is no call for them people over there to continue being slaughtered. They have sacrificed enough. When you see tweets coming through showing the pressure articles from the Voiceleaks main page - retweet them and make some tweets yourself advertising the articles. Code: voiceleaks.blogspot.com... voiceleaks.blogspot.com... voiceleaks.blogspot.com... voiceleaks.blogspot.com... The articles (and you can read them) are designed to put pressure on the UN and/or other countries to get over there and help Tunisia. The people have done all they can and yet they continue to be slaughtered by militia and/or snipers. It has been speculated that the militias and/or snipers are actually Libyan Soldiers, but this is yet UNCONFIRMED. We will storm for as long as it takes. If you want to bring about change for the Tunisians - then you will join the storm. If you are confused as to what you are supposed to be doing, please visit this link: voiceleaks.blogspot.com... Hashtags to be used during this storm: #tunisia #sidibouzid #tunisie #tunis #tunileaks #tunisien #tunisian Any questions - please let me know on the contact button on the main forum or post to this topic. We need as many people here retweeting as we can. The message must be LOUD and the UN MUST HEAR IT. Don't think that governments don't read the things posted on Voiceleaks - we have their locations when they come on the site. NO FEAR. ONLY COURAGE. FOR THE TUNISIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Storm begins NOW. Member Avatar Administrator [ * * ] Posts: 15 Group: Admin Member #1 Joined: January 12, 2011

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Uprising back on the street: Tunisians are protesting against presence of Ben Ali's party in new interim governme

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join