It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: The End? Or Is Something Else Going On?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hello all,

Now firstly let me state that in general I have always disregarded the majority of 2012 prophecies, I'll admit I do find the Timewave Zero theory particularly interesting but I have never really considered it to be a plausible reality.

However, and I don't think many people can argue this fact, the world at the minute seems to be in a very chaotic state, lets list a few examples:

Tunisia: President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali forced out

Brazil floods: Rain hampers rescue effort

Australia floods: Brisbane braces for surge

Swedish bird mystery: Deaths due to 'external injuries'

A thousand birds fall out of Arkansas sky

To name but a few...

Now, I'm not usually one to link un-connected events together but with the recent happenings around the world, one has to wonder; what exactly is going on?

I'm not exactly sure I can remember when so many negative events were occuring around the globe at the same time.

Why does this link to the year 2012, you say?

Well many have spoken about the fact that the world will slowly crumble and fall into deterioration before finally coming to it's demise, what if recent events are evidence of this theory?

Either way, year 2012 related or not, it would appear a mass of negativity is slowly consuming the human race at the minute with disastrous consequences.

Thoughts?
edit on 14/1/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I reckon its just another sprinkle of Chaos and Disorder on the planet Dk, Throughout history there has been many bad times and many good times.

Itll pass and everyone will be able to get on with their normal chaotic lives

Who Knows? Maybe some good might come out of it, Like an awakening, Maybe people will step out of their front doors and realise what a beautifull world we have with such endless possibilties to better ourselvs...But i doubt it

edit on 14/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It does seem to be like a snowball is taking shape, and has begun its decsent. I wonder if the new zodiac sign has anything to do w/ this as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Does seem extremely coincidental I must admit. Can't say for sure what could be happening but I'll follow it closely and hope nothing else happens.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'd say 2012 is the beginning of the end or the beginning of a new changes...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The powers that be have never had as much control as they do now (over Earth). I believe they have manipulated these events, through technology or negligence of global economy. But over the thousands of years that they have been in power, they have polished their skills, and have learned that indiscriminate killing only lessens their grip on humanity.

Therefore, I do not believe that the world will end in our lifetimes, not in the sense that they have projected in countless blockbuster films or the beloved History Channel. I believe this is all to boost Nihilism and fear. They will always give us something to be afraid of, and this is only the next card. There will always be catastrophes on Earth, especially when we allow our Handlers to exploit our great mother's gifts - it is only natural that Earth would pop us like a zit eventually, and they know this.

The Mayans have admitted that a strong part of their esoteric culture revolves around their belief that they have survived through many cycles of destruction. They have stated that all four (or five) cycles, the Great Flood, the Great Earthquake, the Great Fire - were caused because of Man's arrogance, as well as Man's lack of preparation.

All I have to say is, every time you read something that gives you Fear, re-evaluate it until it no longer gives you this feeling.

edit on 14-1-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this a lot as well. My question is, are things that much worse than they've been historically or has the internet just made us more aware? One hundred years ago you simply wouldn't have heard about stuff as easily. I also believe that more chaos we see, the more chaos we (as collective human consciousness) expect, creating a sort of manifest destiny. 2012, who knows. With all the pollutants we put out, it's only a matter of time before we destroy the planet entirely. We've got to have a clean ocean and forestry, but those are going away. We've come to a stage of history where to continue to progress, get bigger and better, is moving backwards. I don't know anything about 2012, but I do believe in the next two years there will be a global transformation. I hope and pray it's for the better, but my instincts tell me otherwise.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
in 2012 the aliens inhabiting earth have to leave and only the good may remain.
it will be a srange time of transitions where the evil is finally punished for their sins.
earth will become my paradise for i deserve it as gifted by the creator himself.
enjoy iy its gonna be somewhat blissfull.

hope you all enjoy sex.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

That's actually a very good point and one I have also argued before; people state that there was less cancer, disease, murders etc in the 60's for example however when you dig a little further you realise that isn't the case.

The increase in forms and availability of different media outlets is the highest it's ever been; with Radio, TV, Internet and an increasing trend to pick up "news on the move" is definitely possible that we are now aware of the going ons in the world because they are being more widely reported (and the news does tend to focus on the negative)

But in this case, it seems a little odd to me that so much is going wrong recently. At the minute, the world is seriously having a bad day, one that doesn't seem close to ending...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My thought is that if TPTB wanted to create fear and a social order and conformity then since the wars recently have sprouted anti-war sentiment and people wanting their troops pulled out then clearly that wouldn't work to control the populous. Therefore the natural choice would be to create events, mostly "natural" but also in the form of the home grown terror situations.

I still believe man-made climate change to be a myth but how to control people in an easy yet scary way....hmmm.....how about "the planet is destroying itself thanks to what we did to it, using deodorant caused the flooding in Brazil etc"?

Hell of a way to pass climate bills and control people huh?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Right, I'll bite.
Here's a stream of consciousness where I try to disprove some of the common 2012 disasters everyone else seems to think may come true.

Negativity, first of all. Yeah, okay. Everything seems to be negative... but we're in the days after Christmas and New Year over here, with nothing to look forward to for a while and bad weather still to come, so I think that's one possibility. Plus, with all the disaster going on around us anyway, there isn't a lot to be happy about. (Or, as we've both pointed out before, there is... It's just no one seems to notice it). People are naturally negative, in the majority of cases. It's the way the world works. And everything does always seem bleaker in January. Especially where we are.

Now, 2012. I have always been one to agree with Dr. Cox on the subject. The Mayan prophecy was brought about before anyone knew anything, and frankly, I doubt that would stand up for anything. When our calender ends, we don't bang on about the end of the world, we just buy a new one...

2012's galactic alignment is something I am greatly looking forward to. Just to know that everything in our solar system is in a line will be a really nice thing to think of. I'm a geek, I know I am, you know I am. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside. They may have known about this, and this could what their prediction refers to... But I don't think any of the mad things people think might happen, will, just because everything is in a line. Lines are good. Although it is entirely possible that the massive CME could be in 2012, but I doubt anyone could predict the Sun spewing out enough electrons to knock out the whole of our electricity, never mind people who didn't even KNOW about electricity...
Black hole, no... I doubt it. Niburu... No... Haha. Polar shift, possibly, but I doubt it'll cause an apocalypse... Aliens? I wish.
Plus modern Mayan's don't seem to think it's anything of significance. And the translation from the original text is really garbled anyway.

But really, there's not a lot of proof in anything coming about to cause the end of the world in 2012. Apart from web-bot and an ancient calender. And I need something more concrete than that. Like lights in the sky, or... A big rock hurtling towards us or something.

All in all, I'm not a believer in this, I mean, how many times has the end of the world been predicted? This one has just been picked up on and scaremongered into the general populace. You can see a correlation in anything if you look hard enough... Like in your shoes and how the moon moves. Or how whenever you eat cheese something bad happens in your family. Or how you trip over every time you see a pony. There's nothing in it, but you can see it if you want to. Hence how, yeah, there's a lot of natural stuff going on at the moment, but I don't think it's anything to do with the date more than the weather. I mean, yeah, there is probably something going on - massive floods, freezing temperatures, storms, and the Sun's plotting something at the moment, but that's another story... Haha.

I would love for it to be some sort of spiritual awakening or something, but we're human... So, yeah. I'm doubtful. I have little faith in the human race. I would also love it if we got contact with something, or someone else in the Universe, just so we know there something there. Maybe then we'd get up there and I'd be happy. But, yeah... I think it's probably just going to be another non-event that's chalked up to everything and then leaves a lot of people embarrassed.

But, I also believe that a lot of people will freak out closer to the time and there'll be some suicides and other horrific stuff because people are gullible and decide to 'end it' before something else happens. It's a horrible thought, but it's inevitable. Which is the worst thing about the whole 2012 hysteria. We can laugh and say people will be embarrassed, but I predict that some really awful things are going to happen in the panic beforehand. Cults will spring up left, right and centre like they have done in the past.

Still though, I can't wait to come on ATS the day after 'the world ends' to see the reaction. And, if I'm wrong and it does end... No one will be able to say I was wrong because we'll all be dead.
edit on 14/1/2011 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think in a way its a self fulfilling prophesy, in the sense of human downfall if it happens, but at the same time, it does seem like the world is acting very strange and violent. Granted all of us here are new to the world and don't truly know its cycles, but i think the most of us feel something is off. We are a product of nature, so is it possible were picking up on the warning signs? Who knows. The reason i say its self fulfilling, well many say 2012 will be at time of civil unrest, mass panic and so on. Even if nothing earth changing happens (i.e. great volcanoes going off, massive waves/earth quakes and so on) I do believe the mass panic of the of the 2012 "hype" has the possibility of causing mass civil unrest, i don't know the ramifications of that for sure, but i think riots, looting and even martial law could be possible if people let their fear get out of hand. It could be very dark times ahead depending on how we handle things. For now i feel the best action is to keep our eyes and ears open but our minds calm. Good post, star and flag, hopefully more people will comment and get a good debate going.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As Thesickness said, even if 2012 is nothing at all the hype of whatever event has been predicted would bring about blind panic regardless with people looting in case of the end.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Agreed. To me, 2012 is the next Y2K. All of the same hype in the media. All of the same panic and irrational behavior. You have to keep in mind that end-of-the-world prophecies are a dime a dozen. There have literally been dozens of such prophecies since the 1800's that never came true.

Now that doesn't mean that a change isn't on the horizon. This planet is always changing. Never constant. It is just that recorded human history only goes back so far. We know that the ice caps are going to melt. That sea level is going to rise. That the magnetic poles are going to shift. And that an ice age is most likely going to happen again. But none of it has to do with some self proclaimed psychic claiming to know the future. None of it has anything to do with an ancient stone tablet in the middle of the jungle. No aliens. No shadow governments. Just cold, hard facts.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
2012 is less than a year away, let me get out my crystal ball and see what will be,LOL.

i have a gut feeling that some major event will happen, what it is i do not know there are just to many possibility's from ET saying hello, we are here to eat you, make you slaves, will you help us fight our galactic war.
Then there is plant X, it is on a direct path and is to hit earth , moon,or sun, grab us and take us out in space as a solar sys.
Now we could have a pandemic 98% fatal, mutated H1N1, AIDS- HIV becomes air born, drills in the arctic could release bio germs.
It could be the, as some call it the, "RAPTURE" 3 billion people just vanish, right before eyes.
and lastly
WW3, caused by total melt down of the WTO WTB IMF all money, gold, silver, is not worth a penny, some one sets off a nuke China NK Iran. Oil becomes the black gold 200$ usd per brl. Food no were to grow beef and other meat become toxic.
Hallow earth invades!!! elven warriors , murolocks and fire breathing dragons seek our destruction, years of chem nuke and ind waist have done them a favor they are indestructible.
AI built by nasa dhs nsa turn on them and us.
NOTHING HAPPENS, we are still here going on about our daily lives fantasizing as to how to the world will end come 2020,
oh ya left one out the moon is a base and it time clock is set to open on 12 21 12 at 12 12 12, and then we are blasted.

Sleep tight.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
One way or another 2012 will be one interesting year.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Awesome thread brother... Undeniably, it's the beginning of a downward spiral.
I once had a friend who asked if we'd see the writing on the wall. Open your eyes!
This rate of moral and financial collapse is heading us toward a tragic conclusion.
If you have any interest in this subject, you must check out the address below.
Best book ever: The Angels of Armageddon and 2012: The beginning of the End

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Revelation 11:18 "The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great-- and for destroying those who destroy the earth."

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Book of Revelation
From the Holy Bible

READ IT FROM THE POINT OF VIEW THAT CHRIST WAS AN ALIEN.
SATAN WAS AN ALIEN WITH OPPOSING DIRECTIONS. (Antichrist)

“The Harvest of the Earth”

14 Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and seated on the cloud one like a son of man, with a golden crown on his head, and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat on the cloud, “Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the Earth is fully ripe.” 16 So he who sat on the cloud swung his sickle across the Earth, and the Earth was reaped.

17 Then another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18 And another angel came out from the altar, the angel who has authority over the fire, and he called with a loud voice to the one who had the sharp sickle, “Put in your sickle and gather the clusters from the vine of the Earth, for its grapes are ripe.” 19 So the angel swung his sickle across the Earth and gathered the grape harvest of the Earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. 20 And the winepress was trodden outside the city, and blood flowed from the winepress, as high as a horse's bridle, for 1,600 stadia.

What do those words convey to you?

Our population has reached its max.
It's time for alien gods to reap the rewards.

top topics

join