It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisian President quits country - reports he is coming to Malta not confirmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Tunisian President quits country - reports he is coming to Malta not confirmed

Tunisia's president President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali has stepped down and left the country amid rioting the capital, but international media reports that he could be heading for Malta could not be officially confirmed.

A spokesman for the Maltese foreign ministry said he had no information that Mr Ben Ali was coming to Malta.

Prime Minister Mohammed Ghannouchi has taken over from President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali and called on the country to unite.

A state of emergency has been declared.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i missed this one damn me and i passed nearly half of my day on ATS today :/

guess i've been carried away with the 2012 thingy

anyway things got super red hot in Tunisia with now even the president is on the run, airports shutdown, deaths...

all this deserves all the attention

"The protests over the past few stays, which stemmed from corruption, unemployment and rising prices, has seen several people killed."

we are having same protests here in Malta today...

Thousands protest against rising cost of living

www.timesofmalta.com...

nothing though of such magnitude

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
3 weeks ago...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
it will only get worse and global when it hits home!
wish we could see some good news on the news channel for once!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Take notes americans, here is the method to relieve a government of its functions: go down the street.
Food for thought

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I didn't realize or even know what was going on with Malta. My G,G, Grandparents are from Malta, I'm very interested in the country and want to know how things are going there. Sad to hear of such things...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yey! Well done Tunisians. I wonder where the President will be going into hiding. If he's got lots of money, no doubt US PTB will find him somewhere to stay - after all, they took the Nazis in too. They had gold and and other assests, like lots of technology for torturing and killing people.
edit on 14-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Yey! Well done Tunisians. I wonder where the President will be going into hiding. If he's got lots of money, no doubt US PTB will find him somewhere to stay - after all, they took the Nazis in too.

sry my friend if i scared you but lol malta's protest is just a protest..in fact it finished few minutes ago..peacefully...though i remember when i was just a kid things got pretty huge over here...70's

we used to have a great leader way back then

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

the news over here just announced he is coming to Malta

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

Yey! Well done Tunisians. I wonder where the President will be going into hiding. If he's got lots of money, no doubt US PTB will find him somewhere to stay - after all, they took the Nazis in too.

sry my friend if i scared you but lol malta's protest is just a protest..in fact it finished few minutes ago..peacefully...though i remember when i was just a kid things got pretty huge over here...70's

??????? No, you didn't scare me, I was posting about the topic of the thread - which is that the President of Tunisia is fleeing his country as a result of the riots. My post had nothing to do with Malta, lol!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

??????? No, you didn't scare me, I was posting about the topic of the thread - which is that the President of Tunisia is fleeing his country as a result of the riots. My post had nothing to do with Malta, lol!

hahah i quoted another reply Oo
edit on 14-1-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
[SIZE=5]Tunisia: the miracle of revolution.

Behold Condi's mighty hand.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The allegory of Condoleezza Rice as Moses bringing revolution and freedom to the people of Tunisia.[/SIZE]

Condi as a young girl with her mother.

God of Abraham, take my child into thy hands that she may live to thy service.

Condi as a young girl outside the White House.

and I will send thee Condoleezza unto Washington that thou mayest bring my people out of segregation

Look at her face. She has seen God.

Hear my word Ben Ali and obey.
If there is one more problem upon Tunisia it is by your word that God will bring it.

Arise oh Tunisia, behold the dawn of freedom!
For hundreds of years we have waited. The Almighty has heard our cries from bondage.

You are the chosen one.

Fear not. Stand still and see the salvation of the Lady.
The Lady of Hosts will do battle for us.

Algiers, September 6, 2008. Condi parts the sea of people before flying to Tunisia to set the people free.

Condi photoshopped as "Moses" leading the people of Tunisia to freedom.

Behold her mighty hand.

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice waves to photographers upon her departure from Tunisia on September 6, 2008 after pressing the now ousted President Ben Ali for democratic reform.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Mr Peter Dow because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2011 by Mr Peter Dow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I wonder where the President will be going into hiding.

the news article I read says
he's in Saudi Arabia

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yes, the President left, but that article is all kinds of wrong.

First, he went to Saudi, he's already there.

Second, the Speaker of the Parliament is the interm President.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 15-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I wonder where the President will be going into hiding.

the news article I read says
he's in Saudi Arabia

That figures!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I was on Holiday there a few years ago and the sentiment was there, we were warned by our taxi driver(great guy) to be carefull with the police and not go in to certain areas even tho we were in Hammermet the big tourist areas

Shame tho its a really nice country and for being a "Muslim" nation its really laid back so i guess the former presidents regin has been sliping for a while good luck to them!

country number 1 to overthrow its goverment, im predicting 20+ to do so this year

top topics

join