It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogger Criticizes New Congressman, Has FBI on His Doorstep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Blogger Criticizes New Congressman, Has FBI on His Doorstep

www.salon.com

CHRISTIAN COUNTY, Mo. — A local blogger who was critical of Rep. Billy Long during last year's congressional campaign has been interviewed by the FBI about his encounters with the congressman.

Clay Bowler, who lives in Christian County, says he was shocked to find an agent from the Federal Bureau of Investigation at his doorstep. Accompanying the agent was Greene County Sheriff Jim Arnott.

The agent asked Bowler if he was a threat to Long, a notion Bowler finds laughable.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
FBI: 1
Blogosphere: 0 and counting

Essentially, it appears last weekend's incident is going to be leveraged in an effort to cause political bloggers to think long and hard before printing their dissenting opinions.

Buh-bye, first amendment. I know we've all been waving goodbye a while...

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Its gone alot further than that, with the patriot act america can do this world wide, and the fbi does this world wide too, even if you never want to goto america.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I wonder what the blog said, I can understand if he had "crosshairs" on the guy..

Questioning the government and being critical of their decisions is the duty of any good citizen of a democratic state.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's hard to comment on this without seeing the blog in question...which is now password protected and not viewable.

If the blogger really thinks this is laughable...he should release the contents of the blog so everyone can read it to see that there was in fact no threatening language in it.

If he doesn't release it...I can only feel like he is hiding something that he doesn't want people to see.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have criticized my government on-line for years, also with letters to my congressman and political officials, until this day I have not gotten a visit from anybody yet.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The good thing is that the FBI and Sheriff came in daylight, knocked on his door and apparently had a civilized conversation with him. I kind of thought these things occurred in the very early morning and not a peep was said about it, if the person even stayed alive.

Two, his blog was not the reason they came to him. It was the congressman he criticized that sent the officials to his doorstep. Can't be sure why the congressman considered this guy a threat, but probably from personal encounters, the blog, and possibly other reasons.

Of course this is the problem, congressmen making 'Lists' of potential threats. If I was in office, all of my potential electoral competitors would be on the list, plus anyone I didn't like, or someone giving a family member a tough time. Not that it's right, but that's what they're going to do.

new topics

top topics

join