It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my hypothoses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
with all that hidden power the government posses, wouldnt they be able to totaly block all evidence of ufos/ aliens, but instead they continue to let books get published and tv shows aired...i think that theyre using ufos and aliens as a scapegoat to lead us off of what they are really up to, and what they are really up to is much much bigger then any of us could ever imagine

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's one of many possible scenarios. Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell what the truth is. My guess is that there's something we don't know about, but what that is, I have no idea.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
"they" are always working on new craft. some of it is probably just that.
as i see lots of weird stuff going on in the night sky, i am always wondering ; which is true...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
If ETs are coming here, then our governments are dealing with a higher power than themselves. They cannot hope to keep it completely hidden if the ET power does not wish their presence to remain a secret. Something so technologically advanced as a space-faring race of creatures could likely do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted to a more primitive civilization. Our governments can't keep it a total secret, so they keep it an open secret. The public sees and reports these paranormal incidents all the time, but through denial, threats, and evidence confiscation, the subject of UFOs/ETs can remain at a comfortable distance so as not to completely alter the current status quo of the earth.

Also, the United States is an alleged capitalist democratic republic where the people supposedly elect their rulers and enjoy more privelages than some other countries where laws are far stricter. In a culture such as this, a government cannot hope to keep such a secret absolutely hidden as the election process brings far too many people into and out of the governing body to control information flow. Capitalist media outlets, which overtly has no government restrictions on it, also pose a problem to keeping such a secret a secret. And because the United States is the way it is, that is why we know something about the reality of UFOs/ETs, but not enough to dispell the official secrecy that surrounds it.

UFO/ET reports are a good method of seeing what countries keep the subject more overtly hidden from their populace. The lower amount of reports, the more likely the media in that country isn't as free as in others.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There was a program on last night on the Discovery Science channel which basically said that the amount of money that the government is issued for research and the money in the books that are kept dont actually match up. Could this money be being used in the Alien technology or other such coverups that the government is unwilling to tell the public.

top topics

join