It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News criticizes memorial before it's even over

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by maybereal11

I consider any event where politicians show up with plastic smiles and cheesy quips to be "politicizing" in some way shape or form.

I get that is your opinion...mine is that I did not see smiles and quips...maybe you saw a different service than I did.

Even the President showing up and hosting a memorial is politicizing to some degree,

He didn't "show up"...he was asked to speak.
He didn't "host it"...the University did.
And he knows Gabrielle personally and has been working with her. He is not exactly removed from the tragedy.

Whatever opinion you have I believe the families that lost loved ones feel a modicum of solice to have thier deceased publically memorialized and honored by the President of the United States.

It's the nature of the game, I know, we expect the President to show up.. but everyone that followed on his heels with their plastic smiles and the "hey look I give a damn" attitude is politicizing purely. I'd say the same if it were Republicans that showed up or pulled this kind of stunt.

I didn't see that. Was there a lot of glad handing? Becuase I watched the event and didn't see it.

The President is responsible for the events he attends. That's that.
He's responsible for everything said around him,
at him,
by him,
whether he's even in the room or not while he's at an event..
It's totally UofA's fault, but because he was there, it's his fault too.

Uhhh....I'll give you he is responsible for what he actually says, but the rest is off the deep end.

If that is the case...that the POTUS is responsible for everything that is said by others in his proximity...even if they are not in the same room...even is he is not there yet...and responsible for everything that occurs at every meeting, event etc...GEEZ then the Potus has to apologize to America for a whole lot of stuff the GOP have said and done as well as every other country at every conference etc. That has to be the farthest REACH I have seen yet in the "Blame Obama" fest.

Not much to discuss if that is your opinion. It has no logical or rational tether.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join