It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News criticizes memorial before it's even over

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Gee, it was a pep rally.

PROOF

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

wow. i hadn't seen that before, but the reports I've gotten was that it was orchestrated just like a campaign rally.

Good find!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think the "rally" sucked

I don't blame Obama, I blame the people who decided to hold it at a day care center, or University.

Fox bends opinions til distortion in many cases, this one is not a case really. Fox is making good political hay
with a bad event, you drop the soap in America you are getting your ass cleaned alright!

edit on 17-1-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Gee, it was a pep rally.

PROOF

Thats awful

Mr. O looked nauseous

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I cant understand why anyone would get bent with Fox when the others were making charges of fault at thier usual targets before the blood was even cleaned off the sidewalk.

Heres what the game has come down to.....get that seed in their minds at all cost.....outrageous wins the day....even the dead are tools and weapons in this war.....a dead child with blame attached is worth 5 in the bush.....never mind the facts if you can get bullstuff into the mind first....and our ratings are slipping anyway.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Gee, it was a pep rally.

PROOF

Uhh...notice the word "School. "?

The Jumbotron was showing Closed Captioning for the deaf.

In stadium settings a man doing sign language on stage doesn't cut it.

The bracketed "Appluase" means appluase is occuring...not calling for it.

It's a matter of causation..

Applause occurs....the Closed Captioning indicates it is occuring.

Whereas an appluase sign asks for appluase and then maybe appluase occurs.

Geez...the crazy BS never ends...and the people that create this crap seem wholey unashamed of the dishonesty.

No acknowledgement of dishonesty or even error or inaccuracy...that speaks to a strong intent to decieve.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just a sampling of lies…though I will be overly generous and assume that posters actually believed what they posted and were duped once again by idealogical propaganda..

ALEXANDRO: Claims “PROOF” it was pep rally with a Jumbotron image that he says is calling for “Appluase”
While it is clear the Jumbotron is showing closed captioning for the hearing impaired.

post by maybereal11

GREENEYEDLEO posts the following:

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

White House operatives passed out t-shirts to the crowd with Obama's new campaign logo, 'Together We Thrive.' The words were also taped to the seats in which mourners would sit during the service.

Malkin also reports that buses from the University of Arizona at Tuscon flashed the Obama campaign theme prior to the event.

All of which were proven to be complete BS.

post by maybereal11

MMPI2 threw this doozy in for good measure

Originally posted by MMPI2
White House staff members, in cooperation with ACORN functionaries, along with MOVEON.org and other Obama sycophants handed out the t-shirts, just like they orchestrated the whole rally. It's been reported, the film is out there, the reporting has been done, and the copy has hit the presses.

AND NO ONE EVER ADMITS THE INNACCURACY OR DISHONESTY…BUT RATHER KEEPS HAMMERING AWAY???

JUST AMAZING for a forum whose motto is “Deny Ignorance”

edit on 17-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Really?
Organizing For America Website

Together We Thrive By John Berry IV - Feb 11, 2008 12:49:37 AM ET Also listed in: Collin County for Obama | Obama Dallas

For too long Americans have been set one against the other, it is a side affect of a free market society. How can profits be maximized, how can I get the work done for the lowest possible costs. This continually sets one group against the other, especially in the blue collar sectors of America. It has become a part of the American Business model, whether it was indentured servants, slaves picking cotton, sharecroppers, the industrious people that built the railroads or todays migrant workers. As long as we remain divided, fighting for the scraps that America has to offer it will be one group against the other. What I see in Obama is a chance for a revolution. A chance for every group to participate and be heard; A chance to live the American dream that has been denied to so many. Together we can and will change the world and return America to the shining beacon of Hope and Prosperity that we were and that we can be again. Only when we work together do we accomplish feats that rival any ever accomplished in the history of mankind. Diversity is our strength, that is what this campaign brings us a promise of. For many this is a scary prospect and thought, getting to know someone different from myself. We all want the same basic things for example a safe place to live, health and a quality education for our kids. In a previous career, I was the global leader of Diversity for a global fortune 500 corporation, I have studied the affects of diverse groups working together and the results can not be denied. Together we Thrive!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
There was a memorial event? Really? When I was flipping channels I could have sworn it was some Obama rally complete with souvenirs and cheering fans!

Really....Fox has every right to criticize. It was a disgrace!

White House operatives passed out t-shirts to the crowd with Obama's new campaign logo, 'Together We Thrive.' The words were also taped to the seats in which mourners would sit during the service.

Malkin also reports that buses from the University of Arizona at Tuscon flashed the Obama campaign theme prior to the event.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Breaking...memorial service in Tucson turns into political rally - National Conservative | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

edit on January 14th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

A disgrace is when a MOD...for the love of god...quotes the "Examiner" as a source

BY THE WAY..."Together we thrive" was the theme of the Memorial...Not Pres. Obama's new campaign Slogan...and the T-Shirts were being distributed by the University and they weren't Obama T-shirts

Really a MOD? Thanks for interjecting BS where I would expect a MOD to interject Honesty.

University of Arizona spokesperson Jennifer Fitzenberger told me that the shirts were, indeed, provided by the University. “The University wanted to give people something to remember that symbolized community spirit and continued the event’s positive energy into the future,” she said.

According to Fitzenberger, the shirts were designed by a University of Arizona student, and they cost about $60,000. “The University will pay for them,” she noted. “No tuition, state allocations, tax dollars or student fees will be used.”

Malkins basis for "Together we Thrive" being Pres. Obama's new slogan...despite the whitehouse and everyone else saying no, what the hell are you talking about....was finding those words as the title to a blog piece an Obama supporter wrote for "Organizing America" 3 years ago!!!!

Update: Some on the right continues to grasp at anything it can to try and demean what was a moment for people to come together. The latest is a widely-circulated post from the Fire Andrea Mitchell blog entitled “‘Together We Thrive’ slogan first used by Obama’s Organizing for America February of 2008.” See if you can spot the lies:

Hey. don’t take my word for it. Check it out at the Organizing for America blog archive. Oh, and in case the Obama regime that this has gotten out and decides to this page,Free Republic has a screen shot. Yes, this is the same slogan that was on all those t-shirts passed out to the cheering section for Obama last night at the basketball arena.

The post links to a blog on MyBarackObama.com (now called Organizing for America) that uses “Together We Thrive” as its headline. At the bottom of that blog, of course, is the tidbit that makes this entire premise a lie:

Content on blogs in My.BarackObama represents the opinions of community members and in no way should be interpreted as endorsed or approved by the campaign.

www.mediaite.com...

Serioussly...does the right want to be both dishonest AND stupid??

Why on earth would anyone introduce a new Presidential campaign slogan at a memorial????

It doesn't make sense....Is it his "Secret" campaign slogan that he convinced the University of Arizona to pretend they came up with???

Seriously...WTF is wrong with some peoples thinking?
edit on 14-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljtg123
Really?
Organizing For America Website

Together We Thrive By John Berry IV - Feb 11, 2008 12:49:37 AM ET Also listed in: Collin County for Obama | Obama Dallas

Yes Michelle Malkin found a blog posting titled "Together we Thrive" on the Presidents old campaign org site from 2008. It was a blog by member.

I have already pointed out that the White House says it is not thier campaign slogan for 2012...that the people at the University of Arizona have explained in detail how they were entirely responsible for the slogan, t-shirts etc...FOX News even did the interview debunking the claim!

And I won't explain again how deranged the logic is that the Whitehouse would have a "Secret" campaign slogan that they deny is thiers while at the same time convincing the students at the event planning committee at the University to lie and cover it up...what good is a slogan that is "Secret" that you can't use?????

It gets insane quick.

BTW "Together we Thrive" is also the motto of the "Western Mass. Library Association".
thrivegrant.blogspot.com...

"together we thrive" is also the name of a christian empowerment organization.
www.cwclarity.com...

"Together we thrive" is also the name of a farmers association
www.netsquared.org...

"Together we Thrive" is the motto for "Headstart"
www.coloheadstart.org/images/pdf/2010_Program.pdf

Etc....etc...etc..

Insanity at it's best.
edit on 17-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Let me say it again for those that may not have had the chance to read it before...

Look.

This issue is settled, and the debate is over.

There were lines within Barack Obama's speech was that were designed for applause and cheers, just like the lines in his early campaign speeches.

Everybody acknowledges that components of the Obama/leftist machine were there in Tuscon, "getting out the cheer", spreading out the money for T-shirts and other campaign related materials, and assisting with the "organizing" in an effort to leverage this piece of the tragedy for political gain.

Obama and those close to him understood that this needed to be his moment to gain back those favorables and erode the unfavorable ratings. This is simply political reality. Pretending that it is not is childish.

This is fact. It is the modus operandi of the left. Remember, don't let a crisis go to waste! This is a standard Saul Alinsky tactic...strike while the iron is hot and mold your vision out of chaos.

MOVEON.org, ACORN, all of the usual suspects understand these facts, and they were on the ground there in and around Tuscon to make sure the thing went over well.

The problem was that the "progressives" there in the crowd that had been instructed by those political operatives turned the thing into a circus. Even Obama realized it. He looked taken aback at several points throughout the speech. You did not see him try to settle the crowd, though. No you did not.

Now, I highly doubt that barack has set up a t-shirt factory there in the oval office, or there on Air force 1, so calls to display videotaped evidence of such activities are likely to be for naught. What is clearly in evidence is that the t shirt campaign was developed and accomplished with white house involvement, and that obama's people took part in the charade.

It was shameful. Nothing can change that fact.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The way the left press tryed to drag the TP and Palin into this is worthy of Joe Gerbels. It really is and dont anyone kid themselves.

They really really hate the TP right now and blame them for the Dem losses in the last election. They also hate the fact that a handfull of voices can coause them so many problems. They see clearly that they must shut some up and discredit others. Its imperative...its war.

And dont buy into there calls for "working together".....they are Borg.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Let me say it again for those that may not have had the chance to read it before...

Look.

Everybody acknowledges that components of the Obama/leftist machine were there in Tuscon, "getting out the cheer", spreading out the money for T-shirts and other campaign related materials, and assisting with the "organizing" in an effort to leverage this piece of the tragedy for political gain.

MOVEON.org, ACORN, all of the usual suspects understand these facts, and they were on the ground there in and around Tuscon to make sure the thing went over well.

I have repeatedly asked you to provide sources or links to this claim.

I have provided sources and links showing the precise opposite including interviews with the U of A campus authorities and students who organized the event and created and distributed the t-shirts.

I am left with no other conclusion that you are being intentionally decietful...I will direct you to "About ATS"

The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within.

More than a slogan, our members have embraced the motto as our collective cultural standard, demanding all to aspire to a higher standard.

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

Ignorance is the social disease of history. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here.

Here, ignorance is denied.

I will also direct you to TERMS AND CONDITIONS...

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

15l.) [HOAX]: In the event you Post more than three items that are later determined to be of an obviously hoax, fraudulent, or faked nature, your account may be terminated without warning.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
The memorial insulted it's self. It was a disgrace and a pathetic and sleazy political rally under the cover of a memorial for shooting victims.

I agree. Two of the speeches were good (one being Obama's) .. but the rest?
The behavior of the crowd =

And the free T-Shirt give away = :shk: political rally stunt.

IF Fox news criticized the behavior of the people at the memorial 'before it was even over' .. then they were totally right. If they were criticizing the poltical rally atmosphere ... they were dead on. If they were criticizing Obama's speech .... they missed the mark. It was pretty good.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If they were criticizing Obama's speech .... they missed the mark. It was pretty good.

Yes, I think that's worth repeating. It was good.

The rest, however, was shameful.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

the citations have been made available by me and other posters, on multiple occasions.

Again, the issue is settled. The facts are, as evidenced by the eyewitness testimony, videotape documentation and by reporters who observed the fiasco.

Sorry but, again, the issue is over and the facts are undeniable.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The memorial insulted it's self. It was a disgrace and a pathetic and sleazy political rally under the cover of a memorial for shooting victims.

I agree. Two of the speeches were good (one being Obama's) .. but the rest?
The behavior of the crowd =

And the free T-Shirt give away = :shk:

Somewhat agree on the above. But I am not comfortable being a "critic" when it comes to such things and certainly not about a service for folks I did not personally know, weren't even from my home town etc.

I have been to an Irish funeral and wake...sat next to a Catholic Nun in full garb who was a sister of the deceased and she told me a dirty joke while we were waiting for the sermon to begin!

I thought the AZ memorial had an odd, celebratory, college rally like atomosphere, but I took no issue with it, becuase they...the fallen...were not my own...not my place.

Ironically I believe the white house felt the same way and what I take issue with is it being spun by the far right outlets...complete with lies and bunk stories...for political purposes....and the "got you if you did/got you if you didn't" attakcs of..."Either the Whitehouse managed the event...ugly politics or The whitehouse should have managed the event!...incompetence"

Just ugly, innapropriate lies, spin and BS.

Fox saying it "appeared" as a pep rally...they have a point...though my answer is I don't care about Fox's "Opinion" and it's not their place to judge.

Shameless politics and lies comming from the right regarding the event.

The Pres. called for tolerance...not politicizing the event and not making hasty judgements as to cause or interjecting political rhetoric...and this threatened the right so much that they needed to do exactly those things and manufacture BS the way they always do.

BTW

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 57% give the president good or excellent marks for how he responded to the shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and the killing of six others. Only 10% rate the president’s response, which included a major speech to the nation, as poor.

www.myfoxphoenix.com...

A Washington Post-ABC News poll released on Monday finds that both Democrats and Republicans approve of how President Barack Obama has responded to the recent shooting in Tucson, Ariz. in which numerous victims were wounded or had their lives taken.

The survey comes in the wake of the president addressing the tragedy at a memorial service for the victims at the University of Arizona.

According to the survey, 78 percent say they approve of Obama's response to the incident..

The poll finds that 71 percent of Republicans approve of the president's response. By contrast, only 30 percent overall say they approve of how Sarah Palin has responded to the tragedy

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 18-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

the citations have been made available by me and other posters, on multiple occasions.

Again, the issue is settled. The facts are, as evidenced by the eyewitness testimony, videotape documentation and by reporters who observed the fiasco.

Sorry but, again, the issue is over and the facts are undeniable.

You have repeatedly claimed the above despite having being shown evidence to the contrary and providing none of the sources you claim. You are precisely why ATS has the Motto "Deny Ignorance" and you are lieing. That is not an accusation, but a fact now supported by your history in this thread.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I think....... the biggest problem with the "crowd" was that they were not "friends" of the victims.. most were not from the victims neighborhoods, knew them personally, and since it's a university, many not even from Tuscon... The problem with the crowd is that they were college kids who went to see Obama, that's it. Not all of them of course, there were family and friends there.. but the majority of the people especially those making the noise were students.

Now, had it been church members of the victims, classmates, co-workers, family members, neighbors, friends and so on cheering, I'd say hell, I'm glad they can keep a positive spirit after such devastation. But this wasn't the case.. it was college kids and politicians having a party, and that's disgraceful.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think....... the biggest problem with the "crowd" was that they were not "friends" of the victims.. most were not from the victims neighborhoods, knew them personally, and since it's a university, many not even from Tuscon... The problem with the crowd is that they were college kids who went to see Obama, that's it. Not all of them of course, there were family and friends there.. but the majority of the people especially those making the noise were students.

Again...no real issue with that opinion. Personally I feel it is not my place. If you feel that it is an opinion that is valid and needs to be voiced then I ask you to direct the criticism at the Event Planners and Student Body of the University of Arizona as they have explained in detail that they were responsible for the event from T-Shirts to slogan etc. etc.

What I take issue with is right wing outlets and posters creating lies to help them politicize this and hang this on the Pres. and the Whitehouse. To me that is much more offensive than any percieved innapropriateness by the U of A planners.

Now, had it been church members of the victims, classmates, co-workers, family members, neighbors, friends and so on cheering, I'd say hell, I'm glad they can keep a positive spirit after such devastation. But this wasn't the case.. it was college kids and politicians having a party, and that's disgraceful.

even here you reached toward the end to politicize it..."politicians having a party"...Nope...not one bit of evidence to support that the politicians in attendance were whooping it up in any way.

BTW...Do you know who is entitled to say anything the hell they want about the event and it's tone? The family and friends of those killed. Everyone else ...left/right whatever...should shut it in my opinion.

And the only thing I have heard the family say publically that is remotely political is various flavors of begging the political media not to use thier dead loved ones as rhetorical fodder.

So I find the whole tact of attack plus lies trying to discredit the event doubly offensive.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I consider any event where politicians show up with plastic smiles and cheesy quips to be "politicizing" in some way shape or form. Even the President showing up and hosting a memorial is politicizing to some degree, scoring political brownie points. It's the nature of the game, I know, we expect the President to show up.. but everyone that followed on his heels with their plastic smiles and the "hey look I give a damn" attitude is politicizing purely. I'd say the same if it were Republicans that showed up or pulled this kind of stunt.

The President is responsible for the events he attends. That's that. He's responsible for everything said around him, at him, by him, whether he's even in the room or not while he's at an event.. It's totally UofA's fault, but because he was there, it's his fault too.

That's the nature of being President. We get to point fingers at you when your followers act like stooges.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join