It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any credibility with The Kolbrin Bible?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I purchased the Celtic texts of the Kolbrin Bible (haven't picked the bronzebook up yet) and as much as there is fascinating wisdom etc in their, i was wondering if anyone had any information of its legitimacy? Is Marshall Masters a person we can put our trust into when it comes to something like this?

Being from Australia I do not hear much about this guy and was wondering if anyone from the USA or anywhere else could shed some light about this guy and whether he is a reliable source of information or just another disinfo agent. He does back the planet x theory a bit from what I have heard which may have come from the Kolbrin.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
creadibility + bible same sentence = oxymoron

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

I really get annoyed when people say things such as that above. The Bible (not talking about the Kolbrin bible which I know little about) is the number one selling text of all time, studied and reveared by societies and cultures for generations. You don't know as much as you think you do, but if you have an inkling of understanding, use it not to disrespect others faith. It's rude and obtuse, and I grow tired of the arrogance of that nature...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by robinmorningstar

number one selling ? that means what ? how gullable people are ?

Britney spears / lady gaga / just beibier all sell pretty good wouldn't you say ? what does that tell you about society ?

now lets compare science books to that shall we ?

oh not selling that much you say ?

i know the bible may seem all cute and friendly but what about the evil verses in there ? stonning to death ? rape ? murder ?

most people i talk to about the bible don't even know about these verses because they try hard to keep them hidden

i ask you good sir who in the right mind would ever follow a god who inspires such a book of torment?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
1 Cor. 11, 6 ?

Genesis 22:2: And [the Lord] said, "Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of."

Exodus 11:4-5: And Moses said, "Thus saith the LORD, 'About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt, and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die....'" (other verses pertain to this slaughter as well)

Deut. 2:34: And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain....

Deut. 3:6: And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city.

Joshua 6:21, 8:26, 10:28-40, among many others: Joshua slays the entire populations of cities upon the Lord's command

What now ? cherry pick what you like and disgard those that don't fit into today society ?

If you won't take it serously why shouuld i pretend too?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by robinmorningstar

I really get annoyed when people say things such as that above. The Bible (not talking about the Kolbrin bible which I know little about) is the number one selling text of all time, studied and reveared by societies and cultures for generations. You don't know as much as you think you do, but if you have an inkling of understanding, use it not to disrespect others faith. It's rude and obtuse, and I grow tired of the arrogance of that nature...

You know what's really rude and obtuse? The ones who tell others they will burn in hell for eternity for not following their religions. The ones who judge you and look down on you for not being part of their faith. We're talking about discrimination OVER A BELIEF.
But the scholars out there don't discriminate when they butt heads with knowledge. You know what they do? They work together and try to actually solve the discrepancy instead of reverting to primal emotions.

Dare I ask if the bible is revered by SCIENTISTS - the very people who are responsible for the computer you're typing on, the car you drive, and almost everything else we all use in our daily lives?

Is there any credibility to the bible you're talking about? No. They're just second and third-hand accounts and you know it. If you do NOT know this, then you shouldn't be talking the way you are, let alone be religious. And you would be damned surprised to know how many people who do NOT belong to your faith know way more about the bible than actual bible thumpers.

That said, as far as the actual OP is concerned, I don't know anything about it, but what I would do is check and see if there are other sources of this "bible". I would also check for contradictions, and I would check if the info was told to someone who wrote it down or from someone who told someone who wrote it down.

To clinch this all together and make a relevant post, this is how the Old Testament is written, definitely the new testament, and also the Koran. The thing with the Koran is one person wrote that and he didn't have the best reputation.

So put it all together and what do you get? One word - convolution.
edit on 1/14/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Why can't i find this book anywhere outside of the planet x sphere of influence.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Actually, OP, I'm reading a little about it right now. From what I see, do not go for The Kolbrin BIBLE - the one that has to do with Marshall Masters.

Go here and get the supposed unadulterated copy, which seems to have good stuff in there:

www.thekolbrin.com...

To above poster.

edit on 1/14/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

thank you bringing this to light, i have read some of the words to it on line, it seems to me to be a part of the "lost book" before the SI, Spanish inquisition, and way before the CoN, Council of Nicaea , it stands to reason there were 12 apostles so why not 12 books, all have the same teachings just different ways of writing them, see the first 4 books of the new testament, as to the person you mention i have no thoughts on that pro or con, this you must decide for your self.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

number one selling ? that means what ? how gullable people are ?

Does that same logic apply to the god delusion? That was a best seller.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I believe there is. It ties into to many other prophecies. And it contains information from Celts and Egyptians so somebody seen something.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I really get annoyed when people say things such as that above.

Really? I get a chuckle from them.

The Bible (not talking about the Kolbrin bible which I know little about) is the number one selling text of all time,

Argumentum ad populum aka the bandwagon fallacy. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it has any value.

studied and reveared by societies and cultures for generations.

Argument from tradition. Just because something is part of cultural tradition and worship doesn't mean it has any value.

You don't know as much as you think you do, but if you have an inkling of understanding, use it not to disrespect others faith.

Well, being someone that understands quite a bit, I'm just going to point out something. People have the right to believe whatever they want, but I also have the right to tell them why I disagree with it or think it's stupid.

Faith isn't special, it doesn't deserve special protections.

It's rude and obtuse, and I grow tired of the arrogance of that nature...

What's arrogant in calling a spade a spade? The Bible isn't a very credible book.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
For the off topic discussions please refer to another topic of the Christian Bible, or Torah that you are quoting from. Or just go to a U2U and abuse each other in private please.

Here is the real book you are looking for:

www.culdiantrust.org...

Another version here:

www.thekolbrin.com...

I do not know about the guy, Marshall Masters that translated the latest edition. He is not connected to the original holder of documents, not referred to as a bible either, but compiled ancient manuscripts. He has a website to make money and other prophecies’ about 2012 but to each his own.

Google Culdian Trust, Kolbrin and Kailedy Manuscripts this will lead you on the path to make your own judgment.

Personally I do not know how authentic the manuscripts are since they were obtained in a fire at a time when many ancient relics and manuscripts were popping up all over the place as Christianity took a hold in Europe. Many churches report to have multiple relics and manuscripts to purely obtain tourism and tithes, and another books lets us know how much the Abbey was making. Another book made by the Abbey was the Doomsday Book was commissioned 1086 to provide records and a census of life in England; Glastonbury Abbey was the richest monastery in the country at that time. Hmmmmmmmm…..

Go here for more information about the Abbey and historical records

www.glastonburyabbey.com...

"The great Norman structures were consumed by fire in 1184 when many of the ancient treasures were destroyed. One story goes, that in order to raise extra funds from pilgrims to rebuild the abbey the monks, in 1191, dug to find King Arthur and his Queen Guinevere; and bones from two bodies were raised from a deep grave in, the cemetery on the south side of the Lady Chapel. These bones were reburied, much later, in 1278 within the Abbey Church, in a black marble tomb, in the presence of King Edward I."

Then you get another story from here:

www.thekolbrin.com...

“From combined research, the origins of The Kolbrin can be traced back to a large collection of manuscripts salvaged from Glastonbury Abbey during an arson attack that was intended to destroy them. It was the time of history when there was a great suppression of monasteries. As fate would have it, the once considered heretical works were transcribed on bronze tablets by the religious druids of the time. Since they were thought to be destroyed during the fire, they were preserved in secrecy.
Since then, much of the original text was lost or destroyed due to the passage of time, their environment, and human error. Each caretaker though, has gone to painstaking efforts to preserve what was left and to fill in the gaps with the correct knowledge in order to preserve the original meaning.
During the early fourteenth century, John Culdy, the leader of a small community in Scotland, owned The Kolbrin and took steps to ensure its survival beyond his care.
The Kolbrin eventually became known as The Bronzebook of Britain, and the contents of additional salvaged manuscripts known as The Coelbook were later incorporated into it to form the modern version. Its name is possibly derived from the Welsh alphabet called Coelbren - it is not the authentic name of a particular book which could ever be traced to ancient times. In fact, the Kolbrin is not "a" book, but a collection of texts from different sources; and obviously the original manuscripts are not to be found.”

Good luck on your search…

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think certian things set some people off on crazy tangents that have nothing to do with the topic.
Jesus
god
bible
faith
you should repent
abortion is wrong
Dawkins never graduated high school

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

I believe there is. It ties into to many other prophecies. And it contains information from Celts and Egyptians so somebody seen something.

I think there are Truths in all ancient texts. But what is the real Truth?

We must remember Free Speech did not always exist.

Parables - Codes - Hidden Meanings - were used to protect the author.

Plus - - I think there was some real creativity in explaining the unknown.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I should have learned my lesson from Yahoo Answers, don't engage atheists in this manner...there is neither a chance nor desire for victory. My only point was that I think the dismissal of another's faith is rude. You can make an a-theistic point without name-calling. I have sensed so much anger and hatred in the dismissal of theistic thought, it's pungent. The fact is that no one has proof for or against the existence of God. I can no more prove to another that God exists than another can prove to me that God does not, they both eventually reveal themselves as faith. But, I don't have to disrespect an atheist in order to assert my beliefs, though it seems too often vice-versa. And atheists don't hold a monopoly on science. I graduated with an engineering degree and Bachelor in Science from the #1 school in America (according to Forbes Magazine). I am a scientist, and in the beauty and elegance of scientific revelation, I see the magnificence of the creator.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolhanddan

For the off topic discussions please refer to another topic of the Christian Bible, or Torah that you are quoting from. Or just go to a U2U and abuse each other in private please.

Good point, and I apologize for engaging in topics to the contrary. I simply have a visceral reaction to certain attitudes that, occasionally, over-rides my more common sense. Peace...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

But, I don't have to disrespect an atheist in order to assert my beliefs, though it seems too often vice-versa.

Good for you.

On the vice-versa part - - - go count how many Atheist threads there are on ATS and who started them. I think maybe 3 were started by Atheists to clear up any misconceptions - - - in the other threads.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies, As it states in the title this thread is about the Kolbrin bible. Not the Holy Bible not the Koran or any other book. If you are an Athiest, disbeliever this thread is not for you, and I do not know why you would waste some of your time posting. I did not put this post up to see verses of the bible, or religion bashing aswell. I put the thread up to see how credible Marshall Masters is, and knowing most of you are most likely from the USA I thought you would of heard or know more about this guy than I do.

The book itself is brilliant, I will admit that. Some very good wisdom which obviously a few of you people could use. Do not knock the book until you have read it. It is nothing like the Holy Bible and I think you would be surprised when you did read it. I will say one thing about scripture. If all the bad parts were not in their, what would your opinion be then? The world is not perfect, why should the holy books be?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
Thanks for all the replies, As it states in the title this thread is about the Kolbrin bible. Not the Holy Bible not the Koran or any other book.

Well, I looked into that book and it's...unequivocally not credible. I'm quite sure that Glenn Kimball is a pretty good storyteller, as he's managed to get plenty of people to integrate the stories he's telling with all sorts of other conspiracy theories.

If you are an Athiest, disbeliever this thread is not for you, and I do not know why you would waste some of your time posting.

Well, you asked about credibility of a religious text. As an atheist, I've actually studied religious texts. You're not asking about a specific religious doctrinal message, you're asking about the credibility of a text which is clearly not credible.

I did not put this post up to see verses of the bible, or religion bashing aswell.

Well, I'm not 'bashing' religion, I just made a counterpoint to another user.

I put the thread up to see how credible Marshall Masters is, and knowing most of you are most likely from the USA I thought you would of heard or know more about this guy than I do.

Well, Marshall Masters isn't the guy behind the book, he's just the right hand man. I'd say he isn't that credible either, as he seems to be suckered in by all sorts of random conspiracy theories.

The book itself is brilliant, I will admit that.

In what way?

Some very good wisdom which obviously a few of you people could use.

Hey look, an indirect insult! What sort of wisdom? Isn't it all stuff I could probably, I dunno..find elsewhere?

Do not knock the book until you have read it.

Well, I knocked it's credibility, not its content.

It is nothing like the Holy Bible and I think you would be surprised when you did read it. I will say one thing about scripture. If all the bad parts were not in their, what would your opinion be then? The world is not perfect, why should the holy books be?

I'd say it would be an awfully light book with a bunch of random stuff in it and some good parts. Because the Bible isn't either "good" or "bad", there are some parts that are just arbitrary.
edit on 15/1/11 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join