It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is meditating harming our world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

You seem so angry and I do understand where you are coming from. I too have eyes and ears and I don't like what is happening.
If meditation is for selfish purposes, then I must be guilty.
However, amongst all the crap that goes on, I still can see much beauty in our world and I see and know people who are kind and thoughtful and who really care about the environment.
In order for me to give love to the earth, I have to be at peace with myself and I can only find that peace through meditation.
Do you meditate Seedofchucky, if you don't mind me asking and do you think all of mankind is a cancer on earth, or might there be some pretty nice people out there, who, like you, don't like what is going on.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
oh yea ? seeds of postive thoughts you say ? how will that destroy earths cancer? (humans) ?

Actually, the earth has no cancer...the earth is just a floating rock circling a star. do you think Venus or Mars is super happy because no life exists on it?

Your literally trying to put human emotions and prognosis's on a rock

just because my conclusions seem negative it doesnt take away from reality .

Be less negative stick our heads in the sand and sing lala in our heads to clear our minds and be selfish and get inner peace while the rest of the world suffers and the criminial politicians in power still...

A rock doesn't care about politicians, criminals, child molestors, lumberjacks, american idol, or spiritualists. it is just a rock.

i have a better idea how abotu we get off the meditation and start the mass education ? just an idea .......

Agreed...first up, definition of a rock.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I love the idea of an experiment, but if you do it, make sure you make it repeatable. In other words, do it with 3 sets of plants instead of just one. It sounds like a great experiment, though!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thats rubbish thinking. You have no idea of what your talking about, and how the system works, lol.

Positive thinking by america has brought so much suffering into the world. Why do you not steal more resources so your positive thinking can continue.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The one and only method that I advocate for dealing with negative energy is self transmutation.

You can hope as much as you like to give away all your negative energy to something else, but chances are this negative energy already has deep roots within you, its not going away just because you listened to that 5.99 meditation CD.

The path to evolution requires deep personal work, where you observe your inner suffering and take RESPONSIBILITY for your own healing and generation of positive energy.

The new age methods are not harmful to the earth, they are merely walking many people around in circles.

Take responsibility from gathered insights - Dont give it to mother earth or a new age healer who promises to make you well, Its your mess, clean it up as best you can.

You're perfect either way.

Blessings,

-G

edit on 14-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There have been studies performed under proper scientific conditions in order to see if plants are capable of perceiving.

The Backster Effect
Sir J.C. Bose's Contributions to Plant Research

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

I dont think so for it involves you seeking a humble state of mind to actually work. as far as concentrating energy down below. Well its a good idea if you feel there are evol terrestials in the inner Earth and you wanna effect their inner Earth Star or atomic energy. Me I just clear my mind and find the waves to interact with. I let all negative energy be burnt internally as not to release any and only send out love to a planet that has lost inhabitants.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Thats rubbish thinking. You have no idea of what your talking about, and how the system works, lol.

Positive thinking by america has brought so much suffering into the world. Why do you not steal more resources so your positive thinking can continue.

I have an idea of what I am talking about actually...hense why I post my ideas and often get a starfield on many of my posts...thats because others see that I have an idea also, but hey, can't please everyone.

The world has suffered long before the establishment of the united states, and if the US was wiped out tomorrow, it would suffer long after.
Rome wasn't built in 1776

And stealing resources....define stealing. If Nation X elects a leader, then leader of nation X makes a trade deal with the states, is that stealing?
Who do you blame for making a crap deal, the person whom lowballed the agreement, or the leader to represent X that accepted it.

Many of the simple minds become angry at the US because they made a good deal...forgetting it was their crappy politicians and corporations that actually accepted the deal to begin with. Of course, foreign propaganda does a good job in making the local idiots not even look at their politicians but instead, blame the giant overseas whom benefitted.

I find such retoric amusing. the US government may not be perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but hell, the government here looks like idealistic angels compared to some other places. If our government makes really dumb trade agreements, we raise unholy hell and do not blame the benefitting nation (NAFTA) but rather our own government...because we are responsible for what we do.

Pity many nations don't want to feel responsible for what they do but instead need a fall guy.

I lol at such mindsets.

lol

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
There have been studies performed under proper scientific conditions in order to see if plants are capable of perceiving.

The Backster Effect
Sir J.C. Bose's Contributions to Plant Research

I read that stuff ages ago.

The only thing it proves is reaction...it does not give context towards negative or positive. Some could also say this is not even showing for certain a plant reacting...it could be indirect ESP or something else entirely...it just shows that mental energy directed at it = reaction..and thats it.

I have yet to read the skeptical response of the experiments.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Still, would this not lend credence to the theory of 'plant perception', regardless of the vacuity of emotion? I have read the skeptics' rebuttals, which are hard to come by and just as challenged as the original conclusions made by the two researchers I sourced. This is a touchy subject with not enough evidence to convince me either way, however I personally tend to agree with the overall idea of plant perception.

I consider myself an 'emotionally aware' individual, and the thought of physically or psychically harming a still-rooted plant disturbs me. That is my own conclusion, take that however you like. Its not as if this is some sort of 'pressing issue' in the world in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Yes this is what I was getting at by the mention of alchemy. Alsto change without changing your outlook is pointless.

edit on 14-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You are right that those tests are likely just a waste of the paper they are printed on, trees no less. Cruel no?

We have lousy ways of scientifically proving exactly what plants are capable of feeling, there is absolutely a response to pain though, it is a living creature and if you harm it then it squeals in protest on some unheard etheric plane of existence that can be measured through some electrical devices.

In my experience with trees, they are one with each other, connected as a group, to clear cut a forest may be akin to killing individual cells in a body, as if our actions are a virus to the tree whole.

Yet they are individual, they do not seem to mind as if they a single immortal being, spread throughout the world from the few original seeds of plantation. How could we ever hope to truly harm a being that never ceases to live within infinite bodies of form?

Plants feel and respond while living at their own level of consciousness.

The world is alive, and so is all matter which dwells within it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Simple answer: No.

Now get back to it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

No, I don't think this type of meditation is harming the world because that's not what people have in mind while meditating. People use this type meditation to connect with the earth, not destroy it. most of negativity that Gaia (the earth) absorbs comes from everything else, like wars, death and destruction. The negativity that we all experience is all apart of the process. In other words, humans learn wright from wrong through negativity (through trial and error). How can you (a sentient being) know if something is good if you never experienced anything bad, you can't. The world we live in is dualistic, which means there are positive and negative forces competing against one another at all times. Those, who stay within positive light will reach a higher state of conscious (ascend), and those who stay within negativity will get left behind and stagnate into nothingness.

Most importantly, there are many ways you can get rid of negative energies, so you can keep yourself within positive light. You can use crystals (black tourmaline), salt, white sage and various other methods used by new agers
. Check the links I posted below.

www.healing-crystals-for-you.com...

www.ehow.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join