It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the 2012 Olympics part of a plot to take over the world? (ATS get mention )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is an article posted in a pull out from the news paper "The Guardian"
Reporting on the 2012 Olympic Games and the conspiracies theory behind it
from the 06/12/10

www.guardian.co.uk...-link-box

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Interesting, I had not heard of this conspiracy theory.

The article begins with the usual lumping together of all conspiracy theories, the leap of logic argument often used to refute them. (For example: "he believes Oswald did not act alone therefore he believes the Pope is a computer generated lizard king".)

But he does end with this very even-keeled observation:

One of the problems with many conspiracy theories is that, unlike scientific theories, they're impossible to definitively prove wrong. Any attempt to do so invites accusations that you're in on them. Conversely, labelling something as a "conspiracy theory" is a convenient way to close down political debate or a challenge to authority by painting the theorists as wackos. Tony Blair described his critics as obsessed with conspiracy during the Chilcot inquiry earlier this year, just as George Bush in 2001 urged the UN not to tolerate "outrageous conspiracy theories" about the 9/11 attacks. Neutral observers point out that regardless of their content, conspiracy theories are "unofficial" knowledge, and therefore threaten institutions of official knowledge, such as academia and journalism. The two sides resemble each other more than they would like to admit.

*(bold mine)

(And yes, I tried to make the example as ridiculous as possible as to not lead the discussion on a tangent, so if you believe that the Pope is a computer generated lizard king please make another thread about it.)

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this just screams hoax or boredom... Someone had way too much time on their hands. "subtle signs in the olympics logo"? If you rearrange letters found in the logo you can spell zion? If this was actually an elaborate plan to take over the world why would they even give clues and risk blowing the entire thing? Does anyone actually think that the nwo would be made up of of people with absolutely no intelligence? I think whoever started this theory is completely reaching. This reply was not an attack on the poster in any way. I'm not even sure if you believe the theory or not... I just think that this has no merit at all... Just my two abe lincolns...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I recall seeing a picture demonstrating how the China Olympics logo could also be re-arranged to form the word "ZION". But nothing dramatic has happened yet.

Though, I admit that the London 2012 logo spells out the word "ZION"... much more clearly than Beijing Olympics.

With regards to the alien angle .. remember that there was a "UFO" show in the 1984 LA olympics.
Meaning one should not be surprised to witness stunts like these at places with large public gatherings. (NE)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well I just put it out there for you all to see that the media
have jumped on the conspiracy bandwagon to sell papers.

Maybe the general public are starting to wake up and realise
that maybe they should question any official story.
It May be seen as cool to be known as a conspiracy theorist.
It may become the buzz word for 2011.?

As for the article I do not know what they were thinking when
they designed the 2 Olympic official mascots?
1 eyed alien looking freaks.Really makes me identify with sport.....NOT

Well Above Top Secret were given a mention,as they say "there is no such thing
as bad publicity", Then there was the whole Jared Lee Loughner thing.
Not such a good thing for this site.

Oh do feel free to S & F

edit on 14/1/2011 by stealthyaroura because: cos i love me stars

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Rik Clay Was a member, here you know.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Total respect for this guy, and they way his mind connected things. And he doesnt just talk about the 20/12 olympics.

pigs-in-the-parlor.blogspot.com...

www.theworldsprophecy.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Even in conspiracy-theory terms, the London Olympics plot is a difficult one to swallow, but that hasn't stopped a credulous minority from gulping it down. You'll find them on cult conspiracy blogs such as Red Ice Creations, Godlike Productions and Above Top Secret, or even making their own video presentations on YouTube. The basic scenario goes something like this: while the world's eyes are on London in 2012, a spectacular alien invasion will take place at the Olympic stadium. Or so the public will think; it will actually be a hoax invasion, orchestrated by the New World Order as an excuse to stage a global coup d'etat. Terrified by the appearance of aliens, the world's populace will surrender their civil liberties, and "they" – a vague array of elite cliques such as the Bilderberg group, the Freemasons, the Illuminati, and dynasties such as the English royal family, the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds – will have smoothly achieved their goal of a single world government, economy and religion. It sounds like a cross between Dan Brown, the X-Files and Watchmen, but believers insist this stuff is real.

From OP article, here are the ATS and other conspiracy site mentions.

Maybe we are otot something, if a large paper like Guardian had to ridicule the sites.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

Interesting. where did he disappear to? seems he was really
into what the article mentions.
I shall have a look over his threads.cheers.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

He didn't disappear. He committed suicide

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Well yes "credulous" being the offensive word does not help.
ie gullible, but then were used to being called "nuts"

ironic as we get all the news before the MSM and have dissected
all the bits from any potential conspiracy before they hit the news

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator

WOW, never new. how sad.
OR had he struck on to something and been knocked off?
Please don't take this comment as distasteful it's not meant to be.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura

Originally posted by foremanator

WOW, never new. how sad.
OR had he struck on to something and been knocked off?
Please don't take this comment as distasteful it's not meant to be.

Actually, it was mentioned in the article you posted in your OP... almost two full paragraphs on Rik Clay's death.

Here it is, though it is also mentioned earlier in the article as well.

Crane and Clay exchanged emails, but never met. Crane doesn't think there was anything suspicious about Clay's death. Nor do others close to Clay, including his parents, who have been understandably distressed not just by the death of their son but by the subsequent internet rumours. "There have been many outlandish ideas put forward about Rik's death, some that beggar belief, but most have come from people ignorant of the real facts and who have been too lazy to do their research," says John Clay, Rik's father. "An autopsy was carried out and an inquest held at Bradford coroners court in February 2009. The official verdict was that Rik took his own life while the balance of his mind was disturbed." There were clear pointers to where Rik was heading, says John. A few weeks before his death, he had suffered some form of mental breakdown. He had jumped out of a third-floor window, fracturing his heel. His parents took him in for six weeks. "During his time with us he was not the Rik that we knew and was mostly very withdrawn," says John. "He told us that he had things in his head that shouldn't be there but would not elaborate, which was quite normal for Rik – he would only tell you what he wanted you to hear. Rik could be quite obsessional."

Another close friend of Rik's also believes his death was caused by a combination of his work and his mental health: "It's a stressful arena, conspiracy stuff. You can't trust anything any more. What level do you take it to? If you're passionate and paranoid, it can really take over, and I think that's what happened with Rik. He wanted to get to the bottom of everything. Unfortunately the result of that was that he pulled apart his own reality."

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Actually, it was mentioned in the article you posted in your OP... almost two full paragraphs on Rik Clay's death.

HA i was so busy trying to post the link for ya i'm sat with the news paper
RITE infront of me and iv'e only read half of it!
soon as i saw ATS mentioned i had to post

MY BAD.

(stealth starts back reading the article)
edit on 14/1/2011 by stealthyaroura because: finish what i started reading

new topics

top topics

join