It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

new cameras ? ? ?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
here is a link to my local papers site

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk...

not sure what to make of it all ? it says in there that there not a "big brother" thing but i dont trust that statement. as far as i know the old camers are fine. i wouldnt be surprised if they put more of these new cameras up. i think its all part of a bigger picture and keeping tabs on us all... but why in grimsby ??? wonder if any new cameras are going up any where else in the uk or in the world for that matter ?




posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby
 


Not being funny chap but to be fair I don't think the NWO are going to be focussing their sights on Grimsby...

The article clearly states that they are replcaing the older more obvious cameras for more subtly displayed ones (they are not adding to the amount of cameras there) to help reduce city centre crime. It's the fear factor, if people know there are cameras there but they're not sure where they're less likely to commit a crime than if they know they are in an area where a camera can't see them.

What this won't stop on the other hand is the pissed up tw@ts getting into a brawl when the pubs kick out!



posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   


North East Lincolnshire is set to switch on a new network of hi-tech CCTV cameras, which council chiefs hope will drive down crime and anti-social behaviour.
reply to post by rikgrimsby
 


Okay, I can understand wanting to drive down the crime rate, but how in the hell are new security cameras going to decrease "anti-social behavior"?

-Sam



posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez



North East Lincolnshire is set to switch on a new network of hi-tech CCTV cameras, which council chiefs hope will drive down crime and anti-social behaviour.
reply to post by rikgrimsby
 


Okay, I can understand wanting to drive down the crime rate, but how in the hell are new security cameras going to decrease "anti-social behavior"?

-Sam


Same approach as the current penal system... fear of being caught, maybe?



posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman
 


I understand now. I was taking the term in a more literal sense, I forgot that anti-social also meant "Hostile to or disruptive of the established social order".



posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
In the US we have cameras along all the interstates, at many intersections, and pretty much all over major cities.

In my city a couple years back we had these domed cameras pop up at the intersections and along the interstate.

An easy way to track the movement of anyone, any vehicle, anywhere. Will make it easier to enforce Marshall law.



posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507
 

thats what i was thinking... they be able to track us far more easy with these new cameras
the film v for vendatta comes to mind :/



posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman
 


I understand now. I was taking the term in a more literal sense, I forgot that anti-social also meant "Hostile to or disruptive of the established social order".


Exactly, and they can make up anything they want as people are hypocrites.



posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
here is a link to my local papers site

www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk...

not sure what to make of it all ? it says in there that there not a "big brother" thing but i dont trust that statement. as far as i know the old camers are fine. i wouldnt be surprised if they put more of these new cameras up. i think its all part of a bigger picture and keeping tabs on us all... but why in grimsby ??? wonder if any new cameras are going up any where else in the uk or in the world for that matter ?


Reminds me of the movie "Eagle Eye." Once cameras are installed world wide on one network there is no escaping from marshal law!



posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My flatmate also works in government. This is just words from his mouth, i have nothing to back them with.


He used to work for QLD Police. IT side. He assisted with the setup and deployment of camera tracking systems. They have been going around and ripping out the old cameras, and replacing them with new ones. And adding additional ones.

The new cameras are hooked up to a sytem which is capable of tracking 250 people, per camera, via facial recognition.

They are able to get you're face mapped because of this - The new QLD drivers lisence - the camera that takes you're picture. Is the the one that they use to get the map of your'e face. I personaly feel (i cant confirm this.....) that if they are doing this for drivers lisences - they would be doing it for 18+ cards as well.

There have allready been numerous news reports of the new traffic cam's they have every 5M down the highway. A guy was sent i think 20 fines, for driving in the overtaking lane or truck lane - im unsure - but it was not for speeding, it was something miniscule. Each camera he passed picked up his mistke. And each time he was snapped he was sent a fine.

The police also have camera 4wd's that are suposidly able to track the speeds of multiple cars - and tell them if you're wearing you're seatbelt as well.

That combined with facial recognition...... Where can you go, and what can you do, without them knowing it all?



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join