It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar System Orbiting the Hammar Axis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hammaraxx
The Moon’s orbital plane is the cause of the positional relationship between the Sunrise and the Full Moon rise and how they ‘trade places’ during the year. That relationship would change if the tilt of the Earth's axis wobbled.
I don't believe it would. While the earth's precession would change the angle between the earth's axis of rotation, the plane of the ecliptic, and the plane of the moon's orbit, those two planes, because they are essentially fixed to one another, would change at the same rate. Since they'd change at the same rate, they would maintain their positional relation relative to one another.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Interesting theory, well written.

So is a full rotation around the Hammar axis in the Local Spur arm (which we are in) 40,000 years?

Does this rotation time decrease (speed up) as it approaches the center of the Milky Way?

Do all arms have equal or apportionate Hammar axis rotation times?

Do you think the Hammar axis may be the cause of pulsars?

upload.wikimedia.org...

It is interesting how the pulsars seem to line up horizontally.

What is in the center of the Hammar axis that keeps this rotation balanced? What causes the stars to rotate in this fashion, in your opinion? Very interesting concept, I must say.

Thank you for sharing, I love ideas like this that are outside of the "box"

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I bet this theory could eaily be proven or disproved by watching other galaxies, like Andromeda, to see how their positions in the sky change. Since they are outside the Milky Way they would not be inside the Hammar axis. This would give galaxies a pattern of movement much different than stars.

This is currently being studied,

www.nrao.edu...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I believe that this is another variation of what he is talking about. That the spiral galaxy we inhabit relates to our laws of motion via the "Hammer Axis". This makes perfect sense!

Right click then view image to see writing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b3190aefdad.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 14-1-2011 by gerktron01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by gerktron01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There is a fair disagreement with the idea we are entering the milky way as part of a dwrf galaxy which is currently mixing it with the M way....
We are aparently truely milky wayans and not dwarf galaxians....
damn if i havbe the energy to privide a link but somebody will...
As regards this threads OP, well its just awsome, but the magnetics and electrics involved must create some wild fields etc...
Applying electric universe theory to this MW galaxy will take some heavy computer time.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hammaraxx

I was in the same remedial class with Crimson Moon.

I'm a little thick tonight but I'll try not to ask a stupid question.

Unless I missed it, are we toward the end of the cycle? The reason being that 1/2 of the 26k year cycle is 13k

approximate numbers for simplicity.

Roughly 13k years ago, Atlantis breathed her last gasp before sliding beneath the waves. I am of the opinion now that maybe Mu / Lemuria could have done the same in the previous 13k period.

I maybe all wet here but it struck me as a "I wonder".

Dang nice thread and welcome to the neighborhood.

I noticed your from Austrailia. I hope that you and all of yours are safe and well.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Thanks for the effort....it was worth to stick around a bit longer on this site.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Greatest post i have seen on ATS Well done Hammaraxx i agree with you on this on, however you left out something are you saying we are heading into a black hole or are we moving with the another galaxy?

and other thing whats your take on the second sun theory, is it causing the earth pole shift movements?

I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

edit on 15-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Fascinating. I haven't visited this area before, but interesting analytical thought. Scientifically this theory would (could?) be verified by astrologists by tracking star movement and a bit of math.

It would be a strange picture in the mind, to imagine the movement of spiraling arms that all join together. Do they rotate in the same direction, or opposite directions? What happens to the objects in the center?

Makes me wonder if gravity spirals. If UFOs were real, the spinning would make sense.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thank you for all of your posts. It is an honour to be discussing this with you all.

davidgrouchy
Yes, you are quite right, that should say "grayer" or "thicker" not "darker". Glad you knew which lines I meant though.

Originally posted by nataylor
The orbital plane of the moon will not change with precession of the earth. Its inclination is measured relative to the ecliptic, which is independent of any precession the earth may have.
&

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by Hammaraxx
The Moon’s orbital plane is the cause of the positional relationship between the Sunrise and the Full Moon rise and how they ‘trade places’ during the year. That relationship would change if the tilt of the Earth's axis wobbled.
While the earth's precession would change the angle between the earth's axis of rotation, the plane of the ecliptic, and the plane of the moon's orbit, those two planes, because they are essentially fixed to one another, would change at the same rate. Since they'd change at the same rate, they would maintain their positional relation relative to one another.
The parts in the above quotes by you I have put in bold could appear like a bet both ways.
I have found no reasonable explanation for the two orbital planes to be 'fixed' to one another nor an attempt to explain that at all for that matter. Theories of wobbling axis tend to ignore the moon’s orbital plane.…wiki/Moons_orbit

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple
So is a full rotation around the Hammar axis in the Local Spur arm (which we are in) 40,000 years?
Does this rotation time decrease (speed up) as it approaches the center of the Milky Way?
Do all arms have equal or apportionate Hammar axis rotation times?
Do you think the Hammar axis may be the cause of pulsars?
upload.wikimedia.org...
It is interesting how the pulsars seem to line up horizontally.

What is in the center of the Hammar axis that keeps this rotation balanced? What causes the stars to rotate in this fashion, in your opinion?
#1 The orbit of our solar system around the “imaginary” Hammar Axis is thought to take somewhere in the vicinity of 26,000 years I can not offer you the exact time, I am sorry.
#2 I would expect that there are many forces which come into play that may effect the speed of certain areas from time to time. Speeding them up or slowing them down. I’m not sure what happens closer to the galactic centre (further down the galactic arms) but it is my guess that the galactic centre imposes a much greater gravitational pull on objects and possibly slowing down the rotation at those points as things head straight in.
#3 I can only guess right now, but I imagine far greater chaos than neat or equal rotations when looking at the galaxy as a whole. I am mainly concerned with how this idea neatly explains the precession of the stars in our vicinity without complexity of a wobbling axial tilt.
#4 & #5 The Hammar Axis is just an imaginary chaotic line down the centre of the spiralling galactic arm, you may also imagine one running down the centre of a tornado or whirlpool if that helps.
& What causes the stars to rotate? I’m sure it is related to what is known as the coriolis effect, the gravitational pull of the galactic centre and the galactic orbit’s effect on that.

Originally posted by QuantumDisciple
I bet this theory could eaily be proven or disproved by watching other galaxies, like Andromeda, to see how their positions in the sky change. Since they are outside the Milky Way they would not be inside the Hammar axis. This would give galaxies a pattern of movement much different than stars.

This is currently being studied,

www.nrao.edu...
Thank you for that link. This was one of the things that had me questioning the wobbling axial tilt idea in the first place.

Originally posted by gerktron01
I believe that this is another variation of what he is talking about. That the spiral galaxy we inhabit relates to our laws of motion via the "Hammer Axis".
Awesome!
Thank you for posting that picture. I knew I couldn’t be the only one to consider these movements. What I have also done is made the connection with these movements being the cause of the Precession of the Stars.

Originally posted by felonius
I noticed your from Austrailia. I hope that you and all of yours are safe and well.
I'm ok where I am but as you know many Aussies are doing it quite tough at the moment with so much of the Eastern side underwater. We're a tough lot down here and when the chips are down we stand side by side and take care of our neighbours, strangers and all. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Hammaraxx i agree with you on this on, however you left out something are you saying we are heading into a black hole or are we moving with the another galaxy?

and other thing whats your take on the second sun theory, is it causing the earth pole shift movements?

#1 I tend to side on the idea that the galactic centre is a large black hole and yes we, well what is left of our solar system, will eventually find its way there.
#2 I don’t know about that. It is my belief that the pole shifts (when North becomes South) are due to the Earths magnetic field being blown over by extreme and severe solar activity. As for the magnetic poles gradually moving about I think the Chandler wobble could have something to do with that and we could even look outside our galaxy for electromagnetic subtleties which may have a role to play.
I remember being told in the early 70’s the army had to change maps every ten years or so due to a wondering Magnetic North Pole I think it was just accepted and not a lot of thought was given to a cause (I remember picturing a floating magnetic island
There is an island in Queensland Australia named Magnetic Island I thought that was it, kids
).

Originally posted by dbriefed
It would be a strange picture in the mind, to imagine the movement of spiraling arms that all join together. Do they rotate in the same direction, or opposite directions? What happens to the objects in the center?
#1 I’m guessing they’d spin in the same direction as they do so orbiting the galactic centre, but then again, it is widely believed that water goes down a flushed toilet in a different direction in the northern hemisphere than it does in the southern hemisphere (Bart vs. Australia).
I have wondered this myself.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

We passed through the Galactic plane about 2 million years ago and are currently 'above' the plane by 50 Light Years We will be moving up to 250 light years 'above' before we return.

So no... we will NOT be crossing in 2012

Can you please provide legitimate sources for the information, I've found so many contradictory estimations from so called experts about where we are in relation to the galactic plane, and I just want a straight answer.

edit on 15-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I did an article for kids some time ago

What is the Speed of the Earth?
www.thelivingmoon.com...

The portion of determining the motion of the solar system to include those vectors...

What is the speed of the Solar System?

(by Amara Graps)

Or, how fast is the Sun (Solar System) hurling towards the constellation Hercules?

From the book: _Guide to the Galaxy_, 1994; Henbest and Couper; Cambridge University Press.

The Sun is moving towards Lambda Herculis at 20 kilometers per second or 12 miles per second. Or in units "per hour": 72,000 kilometers per hour or 45,000 miles per hour. This speed is in a frame of rest if the other stars were all standing still.

The three-dimensional picture of the Sun's movement through the Galaxy is a little more complicated.

The Sun is moving upwards, out of the plane of the Milky Way, at a speed of 7 kilometers per second. Currently the Sun lies 50 light-years above the mid-plane of the galaxy, and its motion is steadily carrying it further away.

But the gravitational pull of the stars in the Galactic (Milky Way) plane is slowing down the Sun's escape. The astronomer Frank Bash estimates that in 14 million years the sun will reach its maximum height above the Galactic disk. From that 250 light-year position, it will be pulled back towards the plane of the Galaxy. Passing through, it will travel to a point 250 light-years below the disk, then oscillate upwards again to reach its present position 66 million years from now. We crossed the plane 2 million years ago. We are currently in the thick of the galactic disk and our view of distant regions is largely blocked by dust but 10-20 million years from now, our motion will allow a full view of our starry galaxy.

The Sun-Galactic center distance is 25,000 light-years -- plus or minus 2,000 light-years. The galaxy is thought to be 100,000 light-years in diameter and we are thought to be about halfway out from the center (used to be thought that we were two-thirds out).

If you have a good idea of the Sun's distance from the Galactic center, then the solar system's speed can be approximated. Using speed measurements of the gas at different distances from the Galactic center, the Sun appears to be cruising along at 200 kilometers per second and it takes 240 million years to complete the grand circuit around the Galaxy. This speed is an absolute speed.

Stanford University
solar-center.stanford.edu...

It was also presented in the Milky way thread in more detail but forget which page it was on

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Zero Ghost did a chart of the oscillation of the solar system

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

You mean like an asteroid or meteorite???

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hmmm,
Who was first? The zero G oscilation or the Hammar axis?
edit on 15-1-2011 by QuantumDisciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
whoa,really cool and very well explained,a theory like this requires a lot of imaginative and provocative thinking.
thumb up pal.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I completely agree. I was thinking about this theory about a year ago, I'm really glad to see it so well thought out and presented here. I am pretty sure this is what happens. I also think that when the solar system passes through the galactic center, we can experience a pole shift and other effects such as days of darkness, enhanced solar activity and spiritual effects as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Great thread and very interesting.
As said by many here, well done Hammaraxx.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Are you suggesting that the sun is spiraling along the galactic arm like a charged particle along a magnetic line of force? - then all of the planets need to have the exact same degree of charge - otherwise ther would be wierd orbital anomalies.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The solar system is certainly more interesting than is widely thought, but reality is known about by a select few who do their best to keep it a secret. Try the factors shown in this video to plug into your theory:

www.youtube.com...

Our solar system orbits a black hole of at least 120 solar masses, at about 450AUs (fifteen times the distance of Neptune).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join