It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13TH Zodiac sign signals coming of ANTI-CHRIST

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Where did the origins of Ophiuchus come from? His background is sketchy. Was he Greek, Egyptian, or what? The details given gave a description of what he is doing. However, where and what is his origins? Was he of the Titan Race? Someone enlighten me. Why have the majority of people never heard of this constellation before? Pardon me if it sounds rather fly by night to me. I'm not so arrogant to dismiss this constellation but I need to know more about the man once called Ophiuchus.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So does this mean all of our zodiac signs were "wrong" date-wise. And now we have these new signs which are accurate?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
1. There is no 13th zodiac sign. Someone made it up. There are various astrological systems with 10 or 14 signs, each one as made up as the original 12 signs. So there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to get excited about a "13th sign" that some yahoo made up here on Earth.

2. It is true that the Earth's precession means the actual constellations don't line up with the original. This is often a fundamental criticism of astrology when people point this out and say, "Aha! Got you!" But this is a simplistic and superficial criticism, because...

3. No one but the untutored is saying that planets in signs somehow zap you with planetary attributes and cause you to behave one way or another. Astrology is not a physically-based system and never has been. It's based on symbolism and metaphor. The idea, as Carl Jung expressed it, is that things (events, traits, etc.) are related not only by place, but by time. He called this "synchronicity" and even wrote a book on it with the same name.

Planets are very convenient to measure synchronicity because they tend to be in different places every day and to not repeat patterns very often. This means that every day has a unique fingerprint. You could do the same thing with grease rivulets in frying pans if you were up to the task. It's also done with the Tarot, the i Ching, and various other methods.

4. The system itself is not based on the stars, but on Earth's seasons, starting with the Spring Equinox. That's why precession doesn't matter all that much. Precession happens very slowly--one sign per 2,000 years. But the Spring Equinox is always the same, by definition, one of two times per year when the sun strikes the Earth equally in both hemispheres. The symbolism takes off from there.

5. The idea that you can decree a new astrological sign and from that make absurd predictions has no basis in astrological theory at all. It's not valid from a physical point of view, and it also has no validity symbolically.

6. Yes, yes, yes. I know all the arguments against astrology. There's not a one I haven't heard dozens of times. If you are obsessing over these I suggest you are missing the point altogether and should perhaps be checked for OCD. Really. Just relax.

Meanwhile, no 13th sign. No anti-Christ. Get over it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
If Ophiuchus is the antichrist because he rides or tames the serpent; then this would mean that you also have consider Mary, mother of Jesus as an antichrist too; as she is also depicted as one upon a serpent.

Quite interesting that when you think about it hmmmm??

The Pope sure does seem to be doing a lot of 'groundwork' for giving women a stronger sense of belonging in the Church doesn't he.

Maybe God has a wife; and he's trying not to piss her off before she returns?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join